aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033668 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1905 on: August 27, 2019, 09:42:47 pm »
Voodoo school needs to unlock the voodoo skill first.
Once training is done you can train it in combat with voodoo-items.

Bug-Eyes can use voodoo right from the start offering you terror/mindcontrol with some effort invested long before you can even build a v-school.

Bravery can be trained by using ropes (against enemies) and resisting panic-attacks (morale below 50 at start of turn)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: August 27, 2019, 09:55:58 pm »
And by using proper medical items to heal. No training with vodka.

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: August 28, 2019, 02:53:57 am »
Hey I just started a new game (like a week or so ago) and I just got my first 0-G mission on this play through. All my peasants are going unconscious in 3 turns. What changed? Do space suits not have oxygen any more??? (yes they are in standard peasant/human space suits)

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: August 28, 2019, 03:10:37 am »
Like is it the cold damage? How do they think space suits work? Lol.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: August 28, 2019, 07:48:03 am »
Like is it the cold damage? How do they think space suits work? Lol.

It's a horrible, horrible bug that I fell into. Look a few pages back for how to fix it.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: August 28, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »
It's a horrible, horrible bug that I fell into. Look a few pages back for how to fix it.

I love 0-G missions. So surreal.
The bug affects space suits for Gals, and Humans. Lokk'Naar suits appear unaffected. Thus, I carry plenty of stimms per soldier, plus a complement of Loks gals as backup. My gals, peasants and slaves rush to battle Moonraker style!  :)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: August 28, 2019, 06:26:13 pm »
I never had a problem with singer zombies until recently. When I discovered that they have a flame psi attack that works through walls.

My previous encounters with singers were in open terrain over long distance. They don't reaction fire, so you can simply shoot them from a distance and go back to cover.

The trouble started when: Zombie ordinator, with the singers inside the ship and not leaving it. Plus, the ordinator right next to my craft. Close enough that they occasionally incinerated the gals still inside the craft. The flame attacks increased when my gals approached the ordinator.
Pretty tough situation. The singers won't leave the ordinator, and you can't just rush them because there are also zombie troopers in the ship. And you constatntly eat flame damage the closer you get to the ship.

How exactly do the psi flames work?
- I have seen severeal different attacks. A flame lighting up, then disappearing in a puff of smoke, no damage taken. A 3x3 area set on fire with the target in the middle. A radius 2 explosion of fire. This is different then the other flame weapons I'm used to, which have a fixed radius. In the ruleset AUX_PYROKINESIS has no "FireBlastCalc: false" that all other fire weapons have. Is that what is responsible for the not fixed radius?
- How does damage work? Is there a way to defend? From looking at the ruleset, I would assume the attack does not ignore armor. I have seen attacks that did no damage, so there must be a way to not take damage. Is defender psi considered? How exactly? What factors govern the size of the flame explosion?

And the last question: Why did I see the singer shoot-through-walls psi attack now for the first time? I play on Jack Sparrow and the recent update increased psi skill + power of enemies a bit. Are these few skill points extra what made the difference???
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 06:28:46 pm by Eddie »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: August 28, 2019, 07:16:34 pm »
I can answer some of those questions.

Singer zombees used to toss flames before, too. If they got too close. (Closer than SMG or even Shotgun range, to be honest. This meant that any kind of shooty gal loadout could deal with them at ranges singers were not effective).

The Singer's flame attack is psi. That means that the AI will not even attempt it if the chance is too low. As with most(all?) Psi attacks against you, a number of factors are used, from Voo to Doo to inherent psi defense bonuses from armors, to (i think) morale.

The flame attack itself is mitigated by Burn resist although not sure whether the numerical armor value is taken into account. Maybe?

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: August 28, 2019, 09:22:15 pm »
In regards to the slave soldier voodoo resistance thing, you could just use well trained bugeyes, altough their armor options are much worse and they're considerably more fragile to anything else except choke damage. They're also really easy to train in voodoo skill since you can just spam their terror attack.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: August 28, 2019, 10:07:29 pm »
@Iazo: Thanks for the info. I will see if adding moral items to my gals makes a difference. Always carry your space towel...

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: August 29, 2019, 04:53:49 am »
The singers flame attack is fairly long ranged in its current form (aimed shot 15) with considerable base accuracy(200%). Burn type but armor is included, with a base of 38 dmg. So decent armor will keep you relatively safe. Also a very slow attack at 40% tu

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: August 29, 2019, 01:59:14 pm »
@Legion
Singers have two flame attacks. AUX_PYROKINESIS and AUX_SPIRIT_FLAMES. You are talking about spirit flames, but these are no problem since they don't shoot through walls. Pyrokinesis costs 25 tu flat, and *can* shoot through walls since it's a psi attack.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: August 30, 2019, 08:55:00 pm »
My gals level up very slowly. What's the deal with that?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: August 30, 2019, 10:21:10 pm »
Their stats grow normally. If you want to gave them more stats increase, use armors that give more XP. Sailor, gym suit, bikini, brainer, etc.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: August 31, 2019, 01:27:52 am »
My gals level up very slowly. What's the deal with that?

Define "slowly". For comparison, my gals need around 20 missions to reach max tu. Depends heavily on starting values of course.