aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033620 times)

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1605 on: May 13, 2019, 01:52:29 am »
Amazon outfit? Why it is gated behind codex? Any new buffs for this armour?
Red Dragon? Only dragon i remember was Chinese Dragon rocket of doom.

Probably because the codex was viewed as needing more of a buff/it makes more of a difference between codexes? I did mean the Chinese Dragon. (I've never seen or used one)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 13, 2019, 11:28:31 am »
Catgirls actually aren't that tough because unlike some games their stealth is just visual. They tend to give themselves away with their reaction fire, and once you know what tile they're in, you can lob bombs at them or just blind fire with an accurate gal. I took on a smuggler ship with warrior armor and swords and did alright. Couldn't take it, but I got weapons and a prisoner out of it. If I went back now with my mortars and 248% sniper gal I'm pretty sure I could take it. Melee is the great equalizer.

Yea, I forgot about grenades. Would've been a HELL lot easier.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:56:07 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 13, 2019, 12:24:14 pm »
The chinese dragon is only good for wiping out the ground forces on the ancient base where you get nuclear laser schematrics. It is an expensive overkill everywhere else.

Offline kikanaide

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 13, 2019, 06:33:11 pm »
QQ: Is there really no use for the Memorial Stele other than selling?  Speaking of, what of the various Uber crops that don't have a right-click use?  Just flavor?

Finally, any thoughts on a reliable source of Glamour?  I thought I remembered seeing one that was surprisingly easy in the manufacturing tree, but as I'm looking through now I can't find it again.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 13, 2019, 11:55:54 pm »
You get the most by enslaving human magic users.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 14, 2019, 05:43:44 pm »
About Mint.

I read some post about how to use Mint and am a bit confused.
So... Do I sell all the processed chips, or can I re-process some..?

:-[

What do I do?
Mobwana, in Hidden Expanse still be using sea-shells and tusks... No anderstand wa Mobwana need paper or strange plast-ic for?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1611 on: May 14, 2019, 08:21:34 pm »
I read some post about how to use Mint and am a bit confused.
So... Do I sell all the processed chips, or can I re-process some..?
for?

You can do whatever you want! You're as pirate, yarr!

But practically speaking, it depends. You can reprocess the chips, or sell them, or balance the two as per your needs.

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 15, 2019, 04:34:28 pm »
How can I kill Sectopod? I have played a ground mission for 5 hour and the last enemy is Sectopod, I can't defeat him.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 15, 2019, 05:39:01 pm »
How can I kill Sectopod? I have played a ground mission for 5 hour and the last enemy is Sectopod, I can't defeat him.

What are your assets? Heavy armor requires specific resources to overcome. Hellerium grenades, HEAT (High Explosive Anti-Tank), white phosphorus shells, cannon, or failing that flasks of acid or the trusty metal mace. Unlike every other version of X-Com and XCOM, volume of small arms fire will never bring down targets with that level of armor in X-Piratez.

Also, as I am unfamiliar with many of the endgame foes, make certain that the target is not flashing colors when you hit it. That indicates that it is shielded, and you will need to bring down the shield with concentrated fire (small arms actually will work here, and are often the best option) before you can apply damage to its chassis. You can hit CTRL+H after firing on it to see what the status of the shot was. "=>" means miss, "0" means a hit for no effect (shields will also be displayed this way, but you ARE depleting them), "hit" means you scored at least a single point of damage, and "HIT!" means you did significant damage.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:44:45 pm by Devon_v »

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 15, 2019, 06:55:47 pm »
Is it a new feature that gal can shoot and be shot from craft windows? I really dont remember this behavior a year ago.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 15, 2019, 10:11:58 pm »
How bad is failing a pogrom?  Is it like the original xcom where you weren't likely to go negative in score if you at least showed up?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 15, 2019, 11:32:24 pm »
TYVM, Scorch. I'll get it already, hm. And does the Industrial Scanner have any purpose, except to be sold? I HAVE the Industrial printer.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 16, 2019, 12:00:48 am »
Is it a new feature that gal can shoot and be shot from craft windows? I really dont remember this behavior a year ago.
Not sure when that started. It's intentional though, also applies to the windows on "UFOs" and towers.

How bad is failing a pogrom?  Is it like the original xcom where you weren't likely to go negative in score if you at least showed up?
OG still gives you a negative if you land and leave turn one, it's just not as bad as ignoring it. Letting it time out is -1000 in both, landing and leaving is minus every civilian present.

The difference in X-Piratez is if you aren't in the Mutant Alliance you aren't docked the thousand for ignoring it. Landing and leaving will cost you MORE points prior to joining.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 16, 2019, 02:44:50 am »
OH!  I guess it's not bad at all, because I was landing leaving sometimes before just because I like trying the easier ones.  Neato.  That's the only purely negative side of joining the mutant alliance right?

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 16, 2019, 12:29:18 pm »
OH!  I guess it's not bad at all, because I was landing leaving sometimes before just because I like trying the easier ones.  Neato.  That's the only purely negative side of joining the mutant alliance right?
Pretty much. You can still skip them if you can't handle it, you just have to show up. It'll still cost -400 or so if you can't get some kills to offset that though. It's pretty much like the original once you join.