Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033271 times)

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1590 on: May 11, 2019, 02:59:35 pm »

The most obvious thing I can see is you never cashed in Prize: Bank Favors with the Goblin Jaxx. That's locking you out of Diplomacy, which is locking you out of Contacts: Authorized Dealers and Interrogation Techniques, which is locking you out of a lot of things.

Thank you for your help.
How can I cash in Prize: Bank Favors? There isn't it in manufacture list.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 11, 2019, 05:50:48 pm »
Thank you for your help.
How can I cash in Prize: Bank Favors? There isn't it in manufacture list.

You have to "cash in" and research one, or two previous, less expensive bounties,

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 11, 2019, 08:48:14 pm »
You have to "cash in" and research one, or two previous, less expensive bounties,

"cash in"  with iron coupons? I don't understand, sorry for my stupidity.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 11, 2019, 09:41:50 pm »
Produce the prizes (only one each). Just search for "prize" (or price? can't remember) in the production screen. Then research them. Have a look if you can produce new ones afterwards.
It is in the same category as the other token production projects like freeing prisoners.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 11, 2019, 09:55:59 pm »
It's "Prize".

Just look at the prizes which require Goblin Zaxx tokens, most of them are guns or the like. That part of the game is a bit counter intuitive, as many of the prizes don't look valuable, or aren't even what they seem like. (Mutant Martial Arts being a key unlock for a bunch of techs and not actually martial arts training for instance.)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 11, 2019, 11:47:23 pm »
So the security corridor says it gates off the ladders to the sewers,  but only seems to gate some of them off:  The only place I've seen enemies enter the sewers anyways is from the hangars which isn't gated off.  Can you safely just build over this thing?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 11, 2019, 11:57:58 pm »
So the security corridor says it gates off the ladders to the sewers,  but only seems to gate some of them off:  The only place I've seen enemies enter the sewers anyways is from the hangars which isn't gated off.  Can you safely just build over this thing?

Buildings can't change battlescape properties of other buildings. Security corridor only gates off sewers in the same tile.
Smart building is the answer here. Build hangars in the corner and edge of base, then build burrows, beast's den and barracs around. With enough gals and dogs it will be easy to guard, or even scout sewers.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 12, 2019, 12:22:13 am »
or just set the very flammable sewers on fire.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 12, 2019, 01:29:38 pm »
Regarding PRIZES (Jack, Goblin Zaxx, Mutant Alliance)
Spoiler:
Go to the world map, press two times Q and type "prize:" See? For example, the Silver Snake leads to something MUCH more powerful, etc. So study these in detail, as you won't get those things anywhere else, Research Make (manufacture) one piece of each one you need, and then research it. The road to more fun will be open.

Man, I had some serious fight with the Smugglers yesterday. Holy Lasergun... Those goddamn Catwomen. And that verfuchte Seise Pub(l)ic Enemy. God. I had 3 (THREE) fights yesterday with them and, for anyone interested, HERE's how you win these (learned da rock hard way):
Spoiler:
Save/QS yer game. Try to tail (shadow, follow...) them until they land. If it's daytime, land and attack. If you can't ground attack during the day, load the game and shoot them down. Return when daylight. GROUND ATTACK: Be prepared for a LOT of savescumming, this one is hard. Before fight, arm your gals as you want - but mind you, Smugglers are not an everyday encounter, so you'll want prisoners. BRING ARMORED CARS!! Possibly with Heavy MG, you don't want to blow up the loot. Have your vehicles scout the map and possibly find and disable the enemies that are out of their craft, including the Public Enemy - the "Jedi" that attacks yer gals with evil magic.  WATCH OUT, it has a Laser Sword and is GOOD with it. As for gals, deploy them inside of your craft to be in cover and protect the entrances. The Catwomen are very hard to see, you'll have NO CHANCE in the open!! They are armed with very powerful guns. The best way to search with your vehicles would be to advance along the Battlescape (IN PAIR!!), retreat a 1/3 or maybe 1/2 of the space you have covered, etc. When you (hopefully) clear the Battlescape, pray and send a squad to their craft's entrance ramp. If the Public Enemy wasn't out there, it WILL BE in there, do 3-4 gals and a vehicle, deployed to crossfire cover the entrance will be good enough to kill the Seise. MIND YOU, you'll want a HOVER Gal or two to lurk at the enemy's craft wall, a level below the roof, and pop out every turn to see if an enemy came out to the roof. !!!SAVE AT THE END OF EACH TURN!!!

OK, so much from me. You devise your own tactics for this.
BUT YOU WANT EACH AND EVERY NE OF THIS KIND DONE, TRUST ME.
WHY?
The LOOT is OUTSTANDING!  ;D
 ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 01:31:19 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 12, 2019, 02:38:15 pm »
Can anyone list all pernament decission choices?

1. Codex - any important changes durning last year?
2. Slave Soldiers - this is new to me, can anyone elaborate?
3. Doctor X ending - I saw another topic about this so no extra explonation needed
... etc.

I wish I could have more time to play this :|

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 12, 2019, 02:43:59 pm »
Can anyone list all pernament decission choices?

1. Codex - any important changes durning last year?
2. Slave Soldiers - this is new to me, can anyone elaborate?
3. Doctor X ending - I saw another topic about this so no extra explonation needed
... etc.

I wish I could have more time to play this :|
That's most of it I think. Slave Soldiers isn't even permanent, it just changes when and how you get access to slaves and warriors. Eurosyndicate deal used to be permanent, but there's a way to get out of it now if the tech viewer is to be believed.

Codexes only got tweaked. Amazon is gold, Red Dragon is red. They all have partial access to a third voodoo school.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 02:45:48 pm by Devon_v »

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 12, 2019, 02:53:58 pm »
Produce the prizes (only one each). Just search for "prize" (or price? can't remember) in the production screen. Then research them. Have a look if you can produce new ones afterwards.
It is in the same category as the other token production projects like freeing prisoners.

I researched everyone prize. For the Bank Favor need Bank Taskmaster. Where I can get it?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 12, 2019, 03:40:21 pm »
You got that one mixed up, you can buy taskmasters with bank favours.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 12, 2019, 11:45:20 pm »
Man, I had some serious fight with the Smugglers yesterday. Holy Lasergun... Those goddamn Catwomen. And that verfuchte Seise Pub(l)ic Enemy. God.

Catgirls actually aren't that tough because unlike some games their stealth is just visual. They tend to give themselves away with their reaction fire, and once you know what tile they're in, you can lob bombs at them or just blind fire with an accurate gal. I took on a smuggler ship with warrior armor and swords and did alright. Couldn't take it, but I got weapons and a prisoner out of it. If I went back now with my mortars and 248% sniper gal I'm pretty sure I could take it. Melee is the great equalizer.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:42:41 am by Devon_v »

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 12, 2019, 11:50:47 pm »
Quote from: Devon_v

Codexes only got tweaked. Amazon is gold, Red Dragon is red. They all have partial access to a third voodoo school.

Amazon outfit? Why it is gated behind codex? Any new buffs for this armour?
Red Dragon? Only dragon i remember was Chinese Dragon rocket of doom.