aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033861 times)

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1575 on: May 09, 2019, 04:41:07 am »
Yeah, but I really want poison knives. They seem like the ultimate anti-armor weapon against almost anything living, and I have multiple 100+ melee gals from all my cattle prodding of civvies. :)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 09, 2019, 11:37:26 am »
How do you get these Master Crafted Weapon Parts?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 09, 2019, 03:53:33 pm »
Lol, the two missions which have never spawned in a year and a half. Maybe I'll get lucky spinning the wheel for the 1,500th time. :)

Just to avoid misunderstanding, you get the animal poisons only from the coupons. If you spin the wheel and don't redeem the coupons, you won't get any animal poison ever.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 09, 2019, 09:36:46 pm »
How do you get these Master Crafted Weapon Parts?

They're extremely rare from what I recall. I think you can disassemble certain high end weapons for them, but I'm not sure.

Just to avoid misunderstanding, you get the animal poisons only from the coupons. If you spin the wheel and don't redeem the coupons, you won't get any animal poison ever.
Yeah, I cash in the coupons, too, unless they're of a rarity that cannot be redeemed at rank C. But there are only so many coupons as well. I tend to get a lot of guns that I don't need or want, or supplies from last tier. Gambling seems like something good to do very early, later on it's going to give you a lot of stuff you're just going to turn around and sell.

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 10, 2019, 03:09:14 pm »
What I have to do in my game? I havn't any research project and nothing appears new in the game for several monthes.
I attach my savegame file.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 10, 2019, 04:09:40 pm »
Ave, populvs x-comvs. Can I destroy a Merc hovertank with my gothic plasma gun?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:13:21 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 10, 2019, 06:26:45 pm »
Technically yes, practically no.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 10, 2019, 06:34:06 pm »
Think heavier. Much much heavier. PS Autocannons and Mag Rockets should work nicely.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 10, 2019, 06:54:40 pm »
So PS Autocannon would be PlastaSteel AC ammo? And howzabouta 105mm armored car? Or a quad rockets one? Or a 25mm one? Tanks? Bombard? A FLAK AC? Some1 here mentioned that shotguns are good for the HovTanks' shields trashing and Flak AC is one. My garage has all that. What do I bring in my Kursk battle?

And what do u think of Electric Net?

I got my ind. printers up n runnin. What would YOU use these for first?

Need advice. I have 4 bases with each over 1000 storage capacity overflowing with loot. I have stuffed my poor Metallo with wheat and tons of other junk, gold bars and demon noggins, etc., but my bases are stuffed like a stuffed animal with all kinds of surgical units, slave AIs... You know. Can some1 recommend me how much of what to keep, at least something? I am starting to feel like a superintendant in his GF's store. 😅
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:08:25 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 10, 2019, 07:27:42 pm »
Minilaunchers with EMP minibombs should do the trick, just don’t expect to one shot the thing.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 10, 2019, 10:37:46 pm »
For sorting out inventory problems you can right click on a item in inventory screen to see what you can build with it. You can at least sort out what's just for sale loot, and then chose based on what you want to build in the future for what else you keep.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 10, 2019, 11:24:08 pm »
If you're trying to figure out what weapons will work, it's handy to use the scanner on the Brainer outfit to check out units you aren't familiar with and look at their armor values. If you're looking at 70+ all around, realize that your weapons will likely need to be hitting with a similar level of power to have any real hope of denting them. Also the piercing damage type tends to be heavily resisted by armored targets, so you'll be wanting something else. It's generally a common sense thing. You can't kill a tank with bullets*. Anti-tank weapons on the other hand are built for that purpose.

There's also always maces and acid flasks, which actually strip armor regardless of their ability to penetrate it.

*Unless you are the A-10, then you can, in fact, kill tanks with bullets.

What I have to do in my game? I havn't any research project and nothing appears new in the game for several monthes.
I attach my savegame file.
The most obvious thing I can see is you never cashed in Prize: Bank Favors with the Goblin Jaxx. That's locking you out of Diplomacy, which is locking you out of Contacts: Authorized Dealers and Interrogation Techniques, which is locking you out of a lot of things.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:36:30 am by Devon_v »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 11, 2019, 12:02:37 pm »
Yesyes, TYVM, gentlemen.

I have thought about these things, loot and hovertanks.
So, loot - just put , f.e., all personal databases, in one place. In one base. Ship 'em all there. Do so with everything else that ought to be treated like this. Right click, see what it does, how much do you need, see how much you can sell, i.e. how often do you get to have that loot. And act accordingly.

Hovertanks. Yes, bullets can't harm a tank, that's right. I am devising my tac against those, but have forgotten about the acid flasks. Their only con is the limited range.
Thanks.

Yea, which shotgun do you find best? I - the CAWS, for now. It has tight grouping and does exceptionally well VS Zombies. Imagine 3 little Loknars on a Ratmen Cache mission defeating a horde of Z's? With CAWS - yes.

About Loknars. I see that they are really stealthy and many good armors are available for them later on. Would you create a specialized, dedicated team of Loknars for all kind of missions. Hm? Do we give the cute Bigears a chance?

ATTN Devon_V:
Yea, the Poisoned Knives rule(z). You get poison on
Spoiler:
Blood Rituals missions
Them's the main reason I almost never use any other melee, LOLZ - and have full ship of it.

Man, I got this very large Acad ship yesterday, the one they spread propaganda with - THAT was a feeling. Oh frack, I love this game.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:10:26 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 11, 2019, 02:25:22 pm »
Best shotgun? Mammoth is pretty good and available relatively early if you have somebody strong enough to use it.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 11, 2019, 02:57:57 pm »
ATTN Devon_V:
Yea, the Poisoned Knives rule(z). You get poison on
Spoiler:
Blood Rituals missions
Them's the main reason I almost never use any other melee, LOLZ - and have full ship of it.

Blood Rituals can have poison as loot. I can assure you it's not guaranteed. :)

So, does anything other than Hellerium and Plastasteel require both a workshop and the lab in the same base? That really threw me, and I'd like to know if I can get rid of this expensive and space wasting extra workshop afterwards. I expanded early and put all manufacture in my third base, which obviously can't have a lab until very late in the game.