aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033468 times)

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1530 on: May 02, 2019, 12:00:01 pm »
Hey.
What I have to do in the first space mission? I can't kill Killer Droid Mk.801 with my stock weapon.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1531 on: May 02, 2019, 01:10:13 pm »
Hey.
What I have to do in the first space mission? I can't kill Killer Droid Mk.801 with my stock weapon.

Come with better weapons. This of course require real space suits.

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 02, 2019, 01:31:36 pm »
Come with better weapons. This of course require real space suits.

But I can't equip another weapon and choose anothere suit. Where I can get a real space suit? I haven't technology to build it. And I have nothing to research.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 02, 2019, 02:45:40 pm »

So...
Zippicus, Should I just use the simple Smokeops with acid raincoat and gasmask in my GhoulTown missions?

You don't need the raincoat or gasmask with the Smokey/Mesh armor, the acid rain is a non issue with that stuff equipped, the smoke is still an issue but it would take a long time for it to have any real effect.  If you want to be extra careful you can bring something to heal stun damage but it's hardly necessary.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 02, 2019, 05:53:02 pm »
Competent bugeye/slave soldier/peasant in human spacesuit with lasgun is enough to kill the droid. Of course heavier the gun the better. and always say in the cover.

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 02, 2019, 07:35:58 pm »
Competent bugeye/slave soldier/peasant in human spacesuit with lasgun is enough to kill the droid. Of course heavier the gun the better. and always say in the cover.
I have Rescue Pod and Liquid Nitrogen gun only. I haven't spacesuit and can't equip other weapon.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 02, 2019, 08:25:34 pm »
1) What is this Saya Token Prize?

2) I dont understand this interrogation techs stuff. It says " to arrange a propper softening up course, we need to have completed a normal interrogation of their peer first, etc." So, do you interrogate someone twice, or rwo of their kind, or WTH?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:12:13 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 02, 2019, 10:15:41 pm »
1) It lets you to manufacture new type of Pillow Book that requires Alliance tokens. Also probably some minor stuff.

2) Some enemies like engineers can be "broken" by manufacturing them. You need to have researched persuasion and things like that. Once that is done, you have to research broken enemy who will now say everything he knows about his faction main tech. But to broke somebody, you first need to interrogate that (for example) engineer first, so you need atleast two engineers.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 02, 2019, 10:45:05 pm »
I have Rescue Pod and Liquid Nitrogen gun only. I haven't spacesuit and can't equip other weapon.
Either loot or research a space suit. Warehouse missions are a good source for them.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 03, 2019, 01:02:08 am »
Well small is relative, but still 5-8 aoe vs some tank setups that have aoe 15+

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: May 03, 2019, 06:47:50 pm »
Anyone know which ships are safeish to shoot down in the early game?  So far I'm just shooting down civilians.  The bootypedia also says wasp ships and megapol ships are a good idea to shoot down, but I'm betting this is just egging me on to fight some unwinnable base defense.

Likewise, does building an overcharged radar cause retialiation?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 03, 2019, 07:58:46 pm »
I think that shooting down shipping from major factions can only trigger retalliatons, but they will happen anyways. Early in game you won't get unwinnable base defence and with right units (like dogs, blood hounds, reapers, cars and tanks) and buildings (corners with traps, flak cannons) even the hardest are pretty easy.

With low craft tech, every civilian and small ship should be easly shot down. Some medium ones as well.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 03, 2019, 08:30:32 pm »
Really? I heard hard retaliations from factions only occur over a year into the game, the worst you can get early game without shooting dudes down is ninjas, and you can get completely unwinnable defenses early game like academy/merc etc.

For instance, I raided a small landed raider ship and my god those guys were tough.  I would not want to fight a horde of those guys in my base even if I could shoot down the ship.  If I fail a landing, I can just run.  If I fail a base defense, that's basically game over.

Mostly I'm asking because I picked gold codex, and I'm considering getting a hawk soon so I can mount my flame cannon.  Which I assume will let me shoot down bigger ships than I can really handle.  But then again at least accoring to ufopaedia, even some major factions use smaller ships, so it just seems like a crapshoot all around.

Btw, do you get morale loss when auxs die?  If not I can totally see animals being great for base defense.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:37:06 pm by Greep »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 03, 2019, 08:50:43 pm »
Anyone know which ships are safeish to shoot down in the early game?  So far I'm just shooting down civilians.  The bootypedia also says wasp ships and megapol ships are a good idea to shoot down, but I'm betting this is just egging me on to fight some unwinnable base defense.

Likewise, does building an overcharged radar cause retialiation?

Overcharged rader does not trigger any retaliation, nor does any other building.

The pedia is right on things to shoot down. Bandit ships and megapol won't trigger retaliation.

Not mentioned so far and also safe to shoot:
Reticulans
Ambulances
Necropirates
Hoppers
Anything that is a base attack / looking for your base

There are also variants of the main races that won't retaliate. Diplomacy, courier and freight have these for example. On some missions there is a mix of retal and non-retal factions, gold transport and research for example, so it's a bit tricky.
So freigthers are save to shoot down most of the time. The only freigther that has a chance to retaliate is the gold freigther with government dudes. Freight mission has several frigthers and only freigther, gold transport just one after a sequence of military vessels. If you see two freigthers in the same region within a couple of days, those are safe to shoot.
Couriers are also safe most of the time. The only courier that can trigger retaliation is part of a sway government mission, and here you still have a chance to get a non-retal faction.

Zombies is kinda the same, but easier to notice. If you find zombies on a ship, any further ship of the same mission will also have zombies and is safe to shoot down.

So you see, there are a lot of things that are safe to shoot. However, there are scripted (easy) base attacks as early as the third month, so you will need to be prepared quite early.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:58:46 pm by Eddie »

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 03, 2019, 08:55:44 pm »
Oh yeah I've played the early game a few times, and I've run into Dr x's guys and some ratmen.  So I know enough to keep some people garrisoned to fend off random guys.  I just don't want to shoot down some UFO and then end up mindraped by VooDoo experts or blown up by blaster launchers or something.

That's awesome, thanks for the info :D