aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033207 times)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1515 on: April 30, 2019, 01:56:20 pm »
OK, I did it. I got the GhoulTown and I got the goddamn Toxigun. Brainers are chewing on it now. Any other reason why I should go there again?

I see that not all gals are equally chem resistant. How do I see that? Some are Hands, some are Warriors. Maybe I should use Loknars, LOL.

What's the point in mansion missions? Looting? Killing? Exploring 8 story buildings with some 10 ppl in 32 turns? Makes me dizzz-zzzyyy...

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 30, 2019, 04:19:05 pm »
Did you get a live ghoul scientist?

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 30, 2019, 07:29:49 pm »
Hi. I am playing Xpiratez for the first time, so I have noob question.
Where I can get all componets for Kraken? I can't build it and can't progress in the game.
Thanks for your help.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 30, 2019, 08:08:44 pm »
Just click on a Kraken on Manufacture menu and it will show what you need. It's probably plasteel, ship engines, Slave AI, Fussion Battery, old fighter hull and cloacking device.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 30, 2019, 08:58:12 pm »
What's the point in mansion missions? Looting? Killing? Exploring 8 story buildings with some 10 ppl in 32 turns? Makes me dizzz-zzzyyy...

Mainly the loot, you can get a lot of good stuff from those missions.  They're also a good source of captives to haul back to your base for whatever plans you have (I guess this technically counts as loot too lol).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1520 on: April 30, 2019, 09:00:54 pm »
Dioxine said multiple times that Ghoul Town is his personal favourite when he plays... So it can't be that bad. ;)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 30, 2019, 11:41:55 pm »
Dioxine said multiple times that Ghoul Town is his personal favourite when he plays... So it can't be that bad. ;)

Ahhh... The Ghoul Town. Literally the worst type of city map. Usually only one, or two ways to go from one end to the other. Ghouls on the roofs and in the buildings, blood hounds as a bonus. Smoke everywere, acid destroys gals armor. And many more. Do only once and forget. Just like Mansions and Cruiser missions. I hate them.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 01, 2019, 12:38:09 am »
OK, I did it. I got the GhoulTown and I got the goddamn Toxigun. Brainers are chewing on it now. Any other reason why I should go there again?

I see that not all gals are equally chem resistant. How do I see that? Some are Hands, some are Warriors. Maybe I should use Loknars, LOL.

It's pretty good loot for early to mid game, Bounty tokens for rescued captives, occasional gems.

every armor has different resists. even so, damage rolls are variable.

Point of mansions is loot and the midlevel "officer" to capture. Loot wise you can find chests which is the best looted source of gems, and nuke material. The Officers are things like Acadamy Espers.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 01, 2019, 11:56:37 am »
Hey, TYVM all.
Oh, c'mon Scorch. That CAN'T be anyone's fav:). Having your crew nailed to bed afterwards while all those so niiice, faaat, shiiiny and awwwww, sooo LOADED ships just dance around? Naaah..?

And I have to get the live Egghead AS WELLL?!? Fokkitdamn. I mean, nothing against the GhoulTown as a map, I am used to CQB. It remainds me of one Pogrom map. It's the Gals being sick afterwards that makes me gah at the whole GhoulTown thing. And guess what? Those in armored cars didn't get hurt one lil bit. Hah. Daaamn. OK, I will do that. I had my Auxiliary team fight the big battles instead of the sick Commando team, no big deal, just use good tactics, have them use the Sniper Gear and Death Blossom, load grenades and Rum and weee-heee. Gone looting. So I combine team members as needed. This showed me that rookies can do things too. Not only guard their base and jump in when the Metallo's just can't do it all. I'll go to the Ghoul town again. I'll have to anywayz...

The Mansion deal. Hmm... I had no available gals for it now, but another time...  An Officer? Like the Nazi Humanist Leader?  Can you search the whole place - and fight and win - in just 32 moves? Sounds like too little time.

I got my Mint researched, now building. And, I have a whole lot of all kinds of chips. Can I just sell some?
ATTN Tanksoldiers.
Would you prefer a 25mm AC, or Flak AC, or 60mm Tank, or 85mm Tank? Or a Missile Vehicle?
Does anyone use the Sentry Turret? Sounds fun.

I just love how Dioxine has all the artillery data just as in RL. There IS a 120mm naval Gun, and 60mm and 85mm... Helps make one feel like this actually IS the distant future.

Great mod. We need something like this for FO3/FNV or for a STALKER. Gawd, THAT would be the day, har har harg. YARR...

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 01, 2019, 01:55:15 pm »
If you run the ghoul town missions with the smoke/upgraded smoke armor, it's fine, well other than not being able to see shit and stuff exploding into flames all around you.  But you won't take any environmental damage, aside from the aforementioned fire which is mostly easy to avoid with a little practice.

The mansion missions have a higher ranking member of the faction represented, i.e. guild = guild rep, academy = academy esper, etc.  It might take a bit of practice to do mansion missions well, they can be tricky at first.  But yeah it's absolutely doable in the 32 turn limit if you strike hard and fast.  One caveat, if you get unlucky enough to get a zombie infested mansion, run like hell :)

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 01, 2019, 04:49:05 pm »
Stupid question, but i forget. Industrial scanners come on what ship/ any mission? I need one for nuclear laser progression and accidentally sold my early game one....

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1526 on: May 01, 2019, 11:06:51 pm »

I confirm, it's refreshingly challenging.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #1527 on: May 01, 2019, 11:44:45 pm »
@NinaWindia

really accidentally? you shake your finger misplacedly ?

(your fingers were shake´ing, and misplaced ? )

..so just write it (just that one Industry.Scannerä) into your save file

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 02, 2019, 01:48:19 am »
snip
I got my Mint researched, now building. And, I have a whole lot of all kinds of chips. Can I just sell some?
ATTN Tanksoldiers.
Would you prefer a 25mm AC, or Flak AC, or 60mm Tank, or 85mm Tank? Or a Missile Vehicle?
Does anyone use the Sentry Turret? Sounds fun.
snip
Yeah chips are just one avenue of profit, and honestly one off the more tedious/micro heavy methods of building money. Do what you want with em.

Strongest hull available(car<tank<heavy tank<ect)+missiles is my preference usually. The small aoe guns(25mm for cars and 60 mm for tanks) also get some field time as well. Though usually my tanks are not brought to most missions and instead backbone base garrisons, so i want the balance of precision and power weapons. That way no to much collateral but still contributing.

Sentry turrets are pretty limited in utility. Sturdy and pretty powerful weapon for there tech level, but immobile, limits what craft can really use them effectively. Its pretty much only for open ramp designs that have alternate exits or multiple ramps.   

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 02, 2019, 11:55:21 am »
TYVM, ppl:)

So...
Zippicus, Should I just use the simple Smokeops with acid raincoat and gasmask in my GhoulTown missions?

Dioxine, I find the Ghoul Town very challenging, too, but the same I think of any Merc mission. Such moments test our savvy. So we don't "OMG!! Such-and-such! RUUUN!" but: "Oh boy, it's THEM. Do I have something they're allergic to?" I freshly remember seeing my 1st T-Rex (The Boomosaur?). So fokin wut? I gave it a Hellerium comedown pill and it worked:)

legiof1,
yea, I blocked my ass in a craft with one ROFL:) Meh, I'll keep it for just-in-case. 1 just don't knowz when be needed wut kinda junk... "SMALL AOE," you say? Hm, I just like opening walls with those. Wut do the big ones do? Make volcanoes? Like that Cyberdisc yesterday, it made a hole in a hill...

QUESTION:
I am about to become a proud owner of a Kustom Blunderbuss. Sounds damn blasting. And it uses GOLDEN ammo to TAKE gold from those it hits..? Am I about to get meself a Gun-shaped Robin (Robbin') Hood?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 11:58:08 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »