Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034341 times)

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1500 on: April 28, 2019, 12:16:15 am »
2) Would you recommend the Hammermite and Lancer missiles? I use Spikes.
Lancers aren't worth it - too expensive. The craft they outrange mostly land anyway. And the important craft to shoot down have equal or longer ranges.
I usually skip Hammermite in favor of Meteor (all-round) and Avalanche (big ships). Depending on where you are in the tech tree, Hammermite would make a good replacement for Seagulls, though.
Spike Rockets have good DPS going for them, but once you're up to Interceptors, you'll want DPS dealt with your light weapons and use the missile slots either to crack tougher ships or to have Thrusters for faster movement.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 28, 2019, 01:19:38 am »
Is there something I'm missing on the Raynerd mission? Turn 30, haven't heard a peep from the enemies in 10 turns. I've checked everywhere I thought, except inside the cells. If everything was right, I would think I'd have heard from the enemies by now.

There are a few areas that you have to break into to reach all the baddies, the design is supposed to encourage a grab and go. Smash up some walls and keep looking.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 28, 2019, 03:25:33 am »
Yes. There are other techs open, but since it restricts access to better player craft, progression down the interrogation branch(needed for eventually unlocking the final mission), one of the primary weapons dealer contacts, and other significant milestones, why delay?

Yes, perusing the tech tree showed me some critical techs needed to complete the final mission.
It has been a while since I played the mod. I was testing if I can delay the choosing between these two divergent research paths. I'll delay until I have no other tech to research. I'll choose "Males..", because the other tech option I sort of played it in the last campaign.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 28, 2019, 04:27:51 am »
There are a few areas that you have to break into to reach all the baddies, the design is supposed to encourage a grab and go. Smash up some walls and keep looking.

I saw that closed off circular area around one of the floors and wondered if they could be there. Good thing I brought 8 Plasma Breaching Charges.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 28, 2019, 05:05:54 am »
Yes, perusing the tech tree showed me some critical techs needed to complete the final mission.
It has been a while since I played the mod. I was testing if I can delay the choosing between these two divergent research paths. I'll delay until I have no other tech to research. I'll choose "Males..", because the other tech option I sort of played it in the last campaign.

Good luck, its quite the handicap to play without the craft from car thieves

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 28, 2019, 10:29:43 am »
Thanks all for help. Ya great ppl.
Plasma blasting charges? Unless you really need them, you might just spit in yer pirate palms and do some pickaxeing instead. 2 expensive is 2 expensive.
Take me 4 example. I just love Death Blossoms and their API ammo. So I caught meself butchering Ratmen with those and said to me: Alex! You have Conf. Eagles, Black Adders, Scout Rifles, SCLasers... And you do that to Ratmen..? No really, what would Goblin Zaxx say? Heheh...

So, a question:
I see SuperMagnums being as devastative and as accurate as ol' Clint Eastwood would like them, and I wanna know what are the advantages of the Mercury ammo?

Curious stuff:
I am having enemies surrendering to my Gals like: 4-9 surrendered? WOW. Reputation?Guild ans Academy are being worse than Italians in 1943.

I captured my 1st Acad Provost. Then, his base failed. 9 surrendered. This game makes me see how ol' Genghis felt.

YA WANNA GO MEN WAY? Hope ya got ya saves backed up. This is a gal game...

About Lancers and Stingrays. Yes, I know, these cost gauss and other guns to make. So I made some 100 and that's it. The fighters armed with these will engage  only when necessary. I have them in my central base, from where they can reach the rest of the world.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:00:48 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 28, 2019, 09:17:50 pm »
Can you change the grav harness backpack from a horizontal 4 to a vertical 3?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 28, 2019, 10:38:58 pm »
Can you change the grav harness backpack from a horizontal 4 to a vertical 3?

Grav harness is supposed to have some serious drawbacks so you bother researching higher tier flying armors.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 29, 2019, 01:21:20 am »
snip
I wanna know what are the advantages of the Mercury ammo?
snip
Damage bonus= 25% of reactions. Its stronger then basic ammo for anyone with above 24 reactions. I mostly employ the chem ammo thou.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 29, 2019, 11:26:01 am »
Yesyes, the chems are really chemming it up with ol' SuperMag. Only  "drawback" is that it takes a day for 40 Runts to make one piece. So wut? Ya can have all the bases produce 'em...

I go to the GhoulTown today. But I didn't give Gasmasks and Chemcoats to the gals. Would that hurt much?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:32:09 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 29, 2019, 03:29:23 pm »
Yesyes, the chems are really chemming it up with ol' SuperMag. Only  "drawback" is that it takes a day for 40 Runts to make one piece. So wut? Ya can have all the bases produce 'em...

I go to the GhoulTown today. But I didn't give Gasmasks and Chemcoats to the gals. Would that hurt much?

Yeah you don't want to go messing around in a ghoul town mission without chem and smoke protection.  Even if you complete the mission any surviving gals will be laid up in bed for a long time.

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 29, 2019, 04:20:52 pm »
Grav harness is supposed to have some serious drawbacks so you bother researching higher tier flying armors.
Thanks Martin. So vertical 3 backpack is considered OP. Would still like to know if it can be changed without learning to code :).

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 30, 2019, 01:37:16 am »
Thanks Martin. So vertical 3 backpack is considered OP. Would still like to know if it can be changed without learning to code :).

You need to edit Pirates.rul
Search for "STR_GRAV_ARMOR_UC". Then delete the entry "- INV_NULL_4X2_BACK" a few lined further below right under "builtInWeapons:".

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1513 on: April 30, 2019, 01:46:31 am »
So vertical 3 backpack is considered OP.

Not so much "OP" as the basic grav harness lacks the stability/flight control to carry large and cumbersome objects without crashing. You don't even use any real avionics for it.

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 30, 2019, 06:21:26 am »
You need to edit Pirates.rul
Search for "STR_GRAV_ARMOR_UC". Then delete the entry "- INV_NULL_4X2_BACK" a few lined further below right under "builtInWeapons:".
Thank you Eddie! Any edits to that line results in a 4x3 backpack... I'll just use one row.

Edit: Changing "- INV_NULL_4X2_BACK"  to  "- INV_NULL_3X3" gives the desired single row vertical 3 backpack!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 07:46:36 pm by 2much »