Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034746 times)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1410 on: April 02, 2019, 02:20:36 pm »
Contacts: Rogue Field’s Warlords

That's for the Car Parts? I does sound so. Warlordz...

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 02, 2019, 02:22:09 pm »
Spoiler:
MERCS: You kill those mustached caricatures with poison arrows!

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 02, 2019, 02:26:00 pm »
1) AR, I got a supply of Plasma Weapons and a supply of Gauss Weapons.
Which one is simpler and faster to research? I have some serious job to do and I need some real firepower ;)

2) Where/how do we buy poison/acid grenades and stuff?

3) What is choking damage? Smoke ammo? Halucino grenades?

4) It DOES seem that the LR Flamer can be only found as a part of the booty.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:45:44 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 02, 2019, 03:29:56 pm »
1.) Most likely gauss unless you got lucky with capturing a pair of provosts, then just rush arcane interface to unlock them
2.) You manufacture them, you need advanced chemistry resp. chemical weapons for that
3.) Poison gas and few other weapons that hurt by suffocation
4.) So it seems

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 03, 2019, 12:34:41 am »
Snip
I remember in vanilla that the enemies lose the location of your base and have to find it again after a successful defense, but in Piratez, do they remember the location of your base forever and can just send attacks whenever they please?
Shoot down or successful defense unspots the base. But spotters are frequent, particularly after the full factions join the hunt. RNG at that point what get targeted.

Snip
Now, does a damaged armor get repaired after such a mission?
snip
Outfit armor value is restored in full after battle. The engine dosen't track it outside combat. It only passes HP back to the geoscape. Assuming the wearer lives. Some outfits are retrieved even if the wearer dies, but not many. Some of that group returne damaged and must be repaired via manufacturing projects.

1) AR, I got a supply of Plasma Weapons and a supply of Gauss Weapons.
Which one is simpler and faster to research? I have some serious job to do and I need some real firepower ;)

2) Where/how do we buy poison/acid grenades and stuff?

3) What is choking damage? Smoke ammo? Halucino grenades?

4) It DOES seem that the LR Flamer can be only found as a part of the booty.

1: Plasma is usually much longer to unlock unless RNG is really with you(IE broken Provosts)
2: Most are manufactured, but you can loot some, and a small selection of the least powerful can be bought. Alchemy,Chemic Muntions, and chemistry techs are what to look for to unlock.
3: There are a large number of weapons the use the Choke type, it represents almost all inhalation based damage, from posion and stun gas, down to just standing in a smoke cloud. It one of the most varied in behavior types, with the only real common trait being the type itself. Read individual pedia entries, and the additional stats.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 03, 2019, 11:09:03 am »
Ppl, TYVM for your kind and VERY precise help. I am building my 1st HKs and my Hyperwave Decoders. Where would you take your research now? Guns? Armor (have Tac Armor and 4 Assassin ones)? Lore? Better Fighter? Maybe the prisoners? I have 4 (FOUR) prisons - full. AND, anyway, would you help me to tread carefully, please? Which missions would you evade? Is there something YOU wouldn't do yet? Something yo'd do NOW? You can give any answer as a spoiler, so nothing is a big deal, right?

Why am I asking this? Well, there was a guy who said st. like: "The game told me that I have overextended myself and then pretty much everyone bombs me into pieces."

WUT was he doing? Attacking Govt Vessels? Hm, maybe a few per month wouldn't hurt. Did he shoot down a Merc ship and unleashed 7 Hells on him?

C'mon, ppl, pls help me to get wiser, please. Remember when YOU were squaddies.
So, wat are the do's and dont's if ya wanna stay alive here?
Spoiler:
Not attacking Rebels and (too much) Govts, NEVER attacking Mercs when they fly, only when they land...

Spoiler:
BTW, I guess that I could actually USE my gauss or plasma, mission after mission, as long as my Hand keeps it in their backpack. Why would the game let us load the mags onto the craft, if it ain't so, huh?"

Spoiler:
I just stumbled upon this: SPECTOR    Dr. X's Spector Aircar    ANY MANUF.    200    $1,000    Spector (Looted)    SPECTOR So, when going for this Dr. X, we ought to have a free HANGAR, right?

The whole story is so well thought and logical... TYVM, Dioxine.

PS: I ain't gonna be bothering with "How to find..?" unles if not in-game googlable. DUUUH, Alex.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:52:25 am by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 03, 2019, 05:35:14 pm »
Part of the experience is to learn yourself what you need to do now. I suggest going for better armor (Defender) and even Power Armors.

I guess the only thing you can do ingame to "bomb" you is to ignore multiple enemy bases to the point of them sucking all Infamy. Govts one by one emplying "Zero Tolerance Policy" in snowball effect.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 04, 2019, 03:45:21 am »
interrogating prisoners, always helpful. Not every prisoner has valuable information in terms of major tech progress, but interrogations are pretty fast so you can get quite a bit of score from just churning through prisoners. Other then that i generally favor, Ground weapons>Craft>armor>lore. That said i am a very experienced player, and i no longer need the advice and backstory. There is alot of advice and explanation of mechanics that's good for the newer player to read.
I also play the tactical game in such a manner as to minimize getting shot at, usually to the point of less then 5 hits taken per map. Armor means less when your not getting frequently hit and the few hits have very long odds to kill the gals anyway. I get to certain floor of armor(chainmail and guerrilla) and i'm set until the very final tier of tech, aside from a handful of stuff for space and underwater.

I generally avoid Mercs entirely, unless there is no other option. High hp, medium armor values, good resistances(particularly against pierce), and a distinct vision advantage makes Mercs a really big challenge. Yeah you do need to capture some eventually, but its far easier with a mid or late game arsenal then when your starting out.

Ammo is a separate item to the weapons, and sometimes mods forget to exclude ammo when the weapon is still locked. ALWAYS check that you have a weapon that can use the ammo first. Particularly here in Piratez, there are alot of ammo type that serve several weapons, but only some of those weapons work in certain environments. The advanced version of the assault cannon for example is underwater capable but the basic is not. so the ammo is tagged for the wider set.

A free hanger is not instantly required, but a fair chunk of space is. it comes "packed" as an normal inventory object, albeit large one.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 04, 2019, 06:49:14 am »
My priority is Ground Weapons>Armor>Craft>Lore. Better craft let you take on bigger and tougher ships, but the HK can take down any medium class ship once you unlock Stingrays. Taking on the large or very large ships with Tac Armor or worse is generally not a good idea if soldier life is a priority of yours. Until you get Power Armor, Lasers are bad but tolerable, Gauss is very very bad, and Plasma is very likely to be a one hit kill. And the Large and Very Large ships are filled to the brim with Gauss and Plasma weapons. I've never fought Star Gods yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're easier to deal with with early to mid game weapons. One or two of your soldiers getting mind controlled isn't a big issue as long as you can blow their Ethereal brains out with a Smartgun.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 06:57:25 am by thevideogameraptorboggle »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 04, 2019, 12:39:24 pm »
TYVM, PPL.

Well, as a Red Coder I have these Gothic Plasma Casters - guess these would be good against Mercs. Y'see, I am a warrior, a fighter. I do not care who the enemies are and how strong they are, or how fearsome - or funny - they look like. I simply find out their WEAKNESSES and THEN I devise a method of eliminating them. BUT, as any fight has its consequences, I always wanna know what to expect (yes, learned from the Fallout games). So, the Pedia says that the Mercs are VERY dangerous and if we (manage to) shoot down any of their vessel, there would be HELL (!!!) to pay.

BUT, the landed Merc craft, says the Book, DO NOT COUNT - which supposedly goes for any landed craft. Is this true? Can I take on a LANDED Merc Gunship of a Frigate, without them coming after my very well armed base?

I mean, I already had a test fight with their landed Battleship and it was HELL. BUT, I killed 3-5 of them, got their weapons and dusted off. Stitching the gals together back again was another story. I reloaded the game afterwards. So, facing them in a narrow corridor fight would be simpler. But anyways, God forbid a Merc Base attack. They'd bring those Gauss Tanks, maybe...
Would the Church/Academy hire the Mercs to attack me? I shoot down and win over their ships all the time and it's fun:). I mean, how would you otherwise get yourself 5 LR Flamers;)
An enemy BASE, you say? Hmmm:) Yuuummyyy:) Loot... SLURP. NO base will stand in MY game, if anyway eliminable. The Star Gods and Mercs would be the only exceptions... Until I get MEANER.

About the METALLO. It's a mean and a tough SOB. How do I get another armored hull?

NICE LOOTING AND ALL THE BEST, EVERYONE!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:45:10 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 04, 2019, 08:03:49 pm »
Yeah if you catch a ship on the ground you avoid the shoot down retaliation check.  If you want to tangle with Mercs I'm not going to tell you not to, but keep in mind that even with fully a upgraded tech tree and equipment, Mercs are still a pain in the ass.  I pretty much ignore Mercs until it's time to capture the ones I need, then it's back to ignoring them and hoping they don't do any terror missions or build any bases.  I'm not sure on the exact mechanics but once any faction locates your base any faction able to assault your base can do so.  The Metallo (red codex craft) is unique, each codex can transform the hull into a different ship, and once that's done the hull is consumed so 1 unique craft per game.  Don't be discouraged though there are better transports available once you progress through the tech tree.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 04, 2019, 08:12:34 pm »
I literally shot down one Merc ship, just one, a small, that crossed over my sub base. One month later, that base was destroyed. Meanwhile, I've shot down a dozen Raider ships, and they haven't touched me.

Offline LadonLegend

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 04, 2019, 11:36:43 pm »
I am on a temple raid mission on month 2, and roped an altar boy. When he went down, a ghost icon appeared over him, both above his body and in the inventory panel standing over him (Like the zzz's for sleeping, or the blood drop for fatal wounds). What does this mean?

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 04, 2019, 11:56:11 pm »
A ghost icon means he'll eventualy die to stun damage. He's not bleeding, he just has so much stun damage on him that he'll never recovery from it naturally and will eventualy die from it if nothing's done about it. If you, for example, whip someone who has been knocked out (has those zzz's over them), they'll eventualy enter the ~ghosty~ state and eventualy die.

Also, you're pretty much at the mercy of RNG in regards to retaliations, but once you knock a ship down, there's always a chance. I'm pretty sure other factors I don't know about affect it, also.

Also, the only merc ships I ever attack are merc supply ships, since those always seem like the only ones which are worth effort and the risk of getting a mininuke to the face, and since there's a time limit on those, I only take them when I'm absolutely sure I can murder them fast, which either means I have end game weaponry or powerful MC. Me thinks the main reason bugeyes got nerfed was because if you had a squad of well trained bugeyes, you could literally make mercs kill themselves and get that sweet, sweet supply ship loot over and over, since their voodoo resistance is subpar.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:00:45 am by Dakkdakk »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 05, 2019, 01:12:55 am »
My personal strategy is ignore literally every supply ship. They're the only craft, that i've encountered thus far, that has Mini-nukes, and I always get half my squad blown up. There's a church base right outside my own, and they're pretty easy, their shields don't matter much when I don't have many laser and plasma weapons to begin with, and Chryssalids are tolerable as long as you battle them in the day. But those nukes are just impossible to deal with, especially since the enemy can reaction fire with them.