aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033564 times)

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1395 on: March 30, 2019, 05:31:02 pm »
You unlock the Plasma Pistol and Subrifle by unlocking the Minilauncher, which itself needs broken Academy Medics and Engineers. Not standard research of one, but specifically broken ones. You'll learn how to break them later (Needs Interrogation techniques research, and you need to have researched one of each the standard way). Plasma Caster needs Plasma Chambers, which you can get by dismantling other Plasma weapons (or the I-Gun if you're really desperate). Anything stronger than a Plasma Rifle, and all the gauss weapons, needs a Computer Core, which you won't unlock for a very long time.

I generally fight the Very Small Megapol craft, they carry a fairly large supply of Plasma Weapons, and it's only 5-6 Wolfmen, who I usually kill on the first turn before any of my Gals can get seriously hurt.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 30, 2019, 11:55:37 pm »
Megapol beastmen are quite susceptible to poison gas. Once, I wiped the entire crew of a dropship with single gas rocket.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 31, 2019, 10:24:46 am »
Fellow PirateZ,
TYVM.

I got the chem ammo and tried my Painbringers, as well as Bows with Poison Arrows. Those (arrows) are so cool VS Academians, particularly Osirons and are Melee usable. But Painbringer Chem ammo ain't doin' sh*t VS Explorers. Bows, however do them just fine. I got 2 night raids VS landed Academy ships with Assassin armors on, looted some 300 units of cargo and took some 20 prisoners!
WOOW!
Thank you for Bows idea.
Just got Chem Magnum ammo. Next Megapol are mine. Bio damage and Beastmen? Makes sense.
Ah, good old Borderlands... Magnum n Chem Ammo...  ;D

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 31, 2019, 11:08:07 am »
Painbringer Chem ammo ain't doin' sh*t VS Explorers.

Their armor ignores 90% of chem damage.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 31, 2019, 06:54:40 pm »
Yes, some enemies have damage resistances that make certain weapons do nothing. The ghouls also are completely immune to chem, and if you ever encounter an enemy that flashes yellow, most notably the higher tier Church enemies, that means that they have a shield that blocks Laser, Plasma, Fire, and Heat damage, and anything from those damage types has to eat through the shield before it damages their hit points, while Piercing weapons just pass right through the shield with no problems.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 01, 2019, 01:39:30 pm »
Ppl, TYVM again.
Well, I learned to be careful with the Church enemies. Once one og my gals was slaughtered otta the blue in a battle against the Churchers and I was like WTF/H wutevah?!? I reloaded my QS and had a gal behind her move forward and - POOF! - there she was - a Church techno-inviso-kunoichi (whatever u call her). A levitating enemy that just decloaked herself behind my gal and killed her. I mean, WOW, this mod is so damn cool, man. Never ever boring, Hell, no. Never - and not even then. Goddamnit, if there was something like this for FO3, I'd have to have my GF drag me away from my PC!! So WHEN, I meet this Church neon flasher, I'ma give him sum piercing tatoo he'll never forget. Or her, nevah mind.

So, anywayz...

The (Chem) Magnum rulez... The (early game) LAW, baby.

So there are enemies that just stick their tongues at certain kinds o' damage, huh? Well, we can always take 2 or 3 same guns of a kind that is worthy draggin' around, such as Painbringer SMG, or Magnum (cool accuracy and hefty flying kick (punch)). We can load each with different ammo - et voila! No TU wasting with changing ammo! Have them in both hands and ya real PirateZ gunfighta!  Add sum assorted mix o' grenades and a toothpick:)... YARR!

Regarding Megapol: Flask o'acid also counts vs Pigheads, right? (Enforcers...)
Yea, I need an Airsailor advice, please:
So I got into the Mutant Alliance and had some interesting time choosing my Crafts. Snake, the MI-24 like Scorpion and Scarab... Well, I needed something that can pack Seagulls, so I got 2 Snakes and sold the old crafts. But how about an additional attack craft? I have 25mm 2barrels, Seagulls and Spikes. Do I get a Scarab or a Scorpion? Or does a M-Wing come soon? What would you do?

Snaake is very cool. You can make some H/LMG nests up on the topside and carrrrrnage all below. Worked against Zombies on Ratman Rodeo.

I wish you all all the very best here and in RL, of course.
YARR!

PS: Not to bounty challenge seems the safest option, both for the gals' health and relation with the possibly challenged, right?

PPS: Does loading the Craft Weapons Ammo onto a craft somehow increase the amount of available ammo, or does it provide some in-flight rearming, or is it just a savespace?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:07:54 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 01, 2019, 07:33:47 pm »
Ppl, TYVM again.
Well, I learned to be careful with the Church enemies. Once one og my gals was slaughtered otta the blue in a battle against the Churchers and I was like WTF/H wutevah?!? I reloaded my QS and had a gal behind her move forward and - POOF! - there she was - a Church techno-inviso-kunoichi (whatever u call her). A levitating enemy that just decloaked herself behind my gal and killed her. I mean, WOW, this mod is so damn cool, man. Never ever boring, Hell, no. Never - and not even then. Goddamnit, if there was something like this for FO3, I'd have to have my GF drag me away from my PC!! So WHEN, I meet this Church neon flasher, I'ma give him sum piercing tatoo he'll never forget. Or her, nevah mind.

So, anywayz...

The (Chem) Magnum rulez... The (early game) LAW, baby.

So there are enemies that just stick their tongues at certain kinds o' damage, huh? Well, we can always take 2 or 3 same guns of a kind that is worthy draggin' around, such as Painbringer SMG, or Magnum (cool accuracy and hefty flying kick (punch)). We can load each with different ammo - et voila! No TU wasting with changing ammo! Have them in both hands and ya real PirateZ gunfighta!  Add sum assorted mix o' grenades and a toothpick:)... YARR!

Regarding Megapol: Flask o'acid also counts vs Pigheads, right? (Enforcers...)
Yea, I need an Airsailor advice, please:
So I got into the Mutant Alliance and had some interesting time choosing my Crafts. Snake, the MI-24 like Scorpion and Scarab... Well, I needed something that can pack Seagulls, so I got 2 Snakes and sold the old crafts. But how about an additional attack craft? I have 25mm 2barrels, Seagulls and Spikes. Do I get a Scarab or a Scorpion? Or does a M-Wing come soon? What would you do?

Snaake is very cool. You can make some H/LMG nests up on the topside and carrrrrnage all below. Worked against Zombies on Ratman Rodeo.

I wish you all all the very best here and in RL, of course.
YARR!

PS: Not to bounty challenge seems the safest option, both for the gals' health and relation with the possibly challenged, right?

PPS: Does loading the Craft Weapons Ammo onto a craft somehow increase the amount of available ammo, or does it provide some in-flight rearming, or is it just a savespace?
1. Yup, that's a Church Exalt all right. Melee range, but they can cut through even Power Armor with no trouble at all.
2. Yes, taking multiple ammo types is important. I like having some gals with Rocket Launchers to smash through armored goons, some Laser weapons whenever you unlock the ability to make or buy them, chem magnum rounds, and lots of piercing weapons.
3. Air Sailors are on Guild Ships. If you have the Hyperwave Decoder unlocked, you can build one and it will tell you what the ship is and who is on it.
4. You are indeed best skipping the Bounty Challenge.
5. No, the ammo limit is just the rounds number listed on the gun, that's it.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 01, 2019, 08:19:39 pm »
TYVM. And, WTH is the Convoy craft for? What can one do with it?

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 01, 2019, 09:39:14 pm »
For missions that are not timed (most aren't) it allows you to bring a lot more Hands to the fight. Especially when you compare it to early transport craft.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 02, 2019, 06:57:47 am »
What determines when the enemies attack your base? Because my main base sees no activity, while my side base with a hideout shroud gets attacked every other month.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 02, 2019, 07:52:15 am »
There are several enemy missions that can spot your bases, after its spotted it open to an attack by any faction. Pretty much expect anything to be a possible target from the moment you build the elevator. Now it does take some months before hideout attacks start, and almost 2 years before the full factions(Guild, Church, Stargods, ect) come calling. Use that time to get as many bases up and fortified as you can.

While it is possible to just hard stop these attacks with the defense facilities it prohibitive in tiles used, so your pretty much stuck well into the late game in fighting the defense actions time and again. That said the fact that a number of the purely defense facilities also spawn turrets in the hideout defense tactical combat, its worth investing in a few.

Fyi the fewest tiles needed to 100% hard stop any attack is 5(power station, fusion reactor, Grav shield, 2x fusionball defense), for every tier below fusion balls double the amount of defense guns needed. Double again if you dont have the grave shield. If tech is low nuff you don't need the reactor or power station, but that dosen't make up for the sheer volume of low tech fire needed to kill a battleship. 

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 02, 2019, 08:30:16 am »
There are several enemy missions that can spot your bases, after its spotted it open to an attack by any faction. Pretty much expect anything to be a possible target from the moment you build the elevator. Now it does take some months before hideout attacks start, and almost 2 years before the full factions(Guild, Church, Stargods, ect) come calling. Use that time to get as many bases up and fortified as you can.

While it is possible to just hard stop these attacks with the defense facilities it prohibitive in tiles used, so your pretty much stuck well into the late game in fighting the defense actions time and again. That said the fact that a number of the purely defense facilities also spawn turrets in the hideout defense tactical combat, its worth investing in a few.

Fyi the fewest tiles needed to 100% hard stop any attack is 5(power station, fusion reactor, Grav shield, 2x fusionball defense), for every tier below fusion balls double the amount of defense guns needed. Double again if you dont have the grave shield. If tech is low nuff you don't need the reactor or power station, but that dosen't make up for the sheer volume of low tech fire needed to kill a battleship.

I was running two bases, one being my main base, one being dedicated Chateau De La Mort production with a large prison. I had no defenses of any kind, so I just built seven HMG armored cars and called it a day. Then the mercenaries came and I realized too late that they heavily resist Piercing damage, so the base was lost before the defense even began. I remember in vanilla that the enemies lose the location of your base and have to find it again after a successful defense, but in Piratez, do they remember the location of your base forever and can just send attacks whenever they please?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 02, 2019, 12:14:48 pm »

Well, I destroyed a Ratmens' attack quite soon after I began the game (and kicked some Ratass:) ). Then, I read that we start in Vaults and Barracks and they in the Elevator and Hangars and arranged my bases lto our advantage. I informed meself on the weakness of EACH faction. Then I hired Warriors, a platoon per base, bought/made ANY good weapon in necessary number AND ammo of ALL available kinds, (AND the expensive Hornets - 30 - 50 pcs per Base), armored them all with my best armor. I have some 15 pirate Bloodhounds per base. Any weapon that my attack craft has, my Gruntesses have as well - WP grenades also, and the Hallucinogen grenades as well. Anything that doesn't actually explode.
That's why I have only 2 bases now, after 1.5 YRS ingame. But, with a Spy Zeppelin, I cover the entire EurAsia and Africa. The money is good, the fame also. I attack ANYTHING I can, I research at all times, I respond EVERY CoD, no exception, because:

DULCE ET DECORUM EST AD PATRIAM DEFENDAT!!!

DOMINUS NOSTRUM!!!

BANZAI!!! BANZAI!!! BANZAI!!!

"For the Motherland doesn't need our bones to litter it, but it need us alive and healthy to serve it well, what is to be properly rewarded..." The rules of the Earth go for Pirates as well.

THE MUTIE AND THE "BEAST"

Our weapons glittering,
Our armors shining,
WE face the enemy,
with no wining.
As our galy noses smell the first one,
"QUIET! AT THE READY!" whispered command,
chills us to the bone.

FIRE AND KILL!!!
HACK AND SLASH!!!

Oh, LO!
"FUTUE TE IPSUM ET CABALLUM TUUM!!!"
The Call of the Romans, now long dead, their Ghosts shoulder to shoulder with US! Scutum and Gladius, LACC and SLCP, TOGETHER WE FIGHT!

For in this fight, sister,
YOU are not alone.

You understand this, as my gunbutt smashes the skull of the one that was behind yer back...
Over is, as the Centurions bow and go and we salute them, - whewww... - over is the attack.
Enemies looted and sold,
In ya hand, it glitters, the gold.
"Take... Ya free..."
you whisper to me.
Your beautiful violet eyes shine with gratitude and your light green hair flutters in the draft.
"No, Ma'am, TYVM. take it I can, but NOW I am free,
now, when I've unlocked my love for thee.
For even as a simple Soldier-Slave, I will follow thee, ohh Loved One O'Mine, even if into my grave."

Ya stood attenshun - I clap my heels together. And there, on yer other palm - a rank of Sergeant. You pin it in my shoulders and onto my chest, me the First Man under ya command.

TYSVM!!!

For giving me freedom, oh, my Mutie Gal, I love you so much, that I would become one meself...

As the Sun sets, we hold our hands, the Newborn in yer arms.
Uh-oh! A Werewolf howls, not so far away,
Come, let's go inside,

"for the Night is dark and full of terrors..."

So dark and so full of terrors, indeed... Indeed...

The 10 ft thick Plastasteel gate noiselessly closes and the camo-field is on again...
PPL, here is my gift to the Site, this poem. I hope you like it. I've been making these for some years now; me, a lover of Epic.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:41:19 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 02, 2019, 12:47:51 pm »
I had my 1st Ghouls Town - The Organ Grinder mission yesterday. WOW, that was kinda soury:)
The acid rain damaged our armors and our lungs, despite our Chemcoats and Gasmasks. 5 days medical for everyone. LACCs wirh WP ammo did very good

One 'r two hits and it's fried n lyin' in de bits:)

Now, does a damaged armor get repaired after such a mission?

And where do I buy the Car Parts? My only piece was research-sacrificed.

I have more questions, but I gotto go work in my RL on.

CULater, ya great bunch:)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:42:31 pm by Alex the KatanaCutlass »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 02, 2019, 01:02:56 pm »
Contacts: Rogue Field’s Warlords