Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1062943 times)

Offline mamix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #990 on: April 09, 2018, 07:48:09 pm »
Quick question : I finished a research (don't remember the name) at the end of which I got a "freaky gal". Game prompted me that I can sell her for a good amount of money back to the academy or I can recruit her via manufacture -> recruitment. Materials needed include a "smelly rag". Any idea where I can find one?

Offline mamix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 09, 2018, 07:53:24 pm »
Jellyfish has some kind of guided-psi-weapon in this little cockpit - check your inventory! I find this very useful for underwater missions.

Tested it a bit, had a few problems with it. Firstly, it seems the first few shots get stopped by the wall the girl resides in. It seemed that I have to shoot through the wall (a small vent in front of the girl) in order to make subsequent shots to actual targets. Sometimes it took 3 shots to destroy the vent.

Secondly, the damage was really abysmal (tested it shooting my own units). Maybe if the girl using it is strong on VP it will be more effective.
At that case though, I am pretty sure she can use stronger VP weapons and be mobile.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 09, 2018, 07:55:55 pm »
Jellyfish has some kind of guided-psi-weapon in this little cockpit - check your inventory! I find this very useful for underwater missions.

Well i could place those "rocket"-markers all over the map but... nothing happened  :o

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 09, 2018, 07:56:19 pm »
Did you try opening the window like a door?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 09, 2018, 07:58:06 pm »
The arcane ray does plasma damage and scales with voodoo power.
You've to try out which gal can deal the most damage with it by swapping the 'hooked' one every mission and check with 'alt' hold down to see the damage calculation.

All of the menace ships have the same map used, just different color and crew size.
The fortuna is one of the best thanks to the ability to go to space and underwater from the get-go.

A different and smaller approach using sealed up transporters with doors are 'Deliverator' 'Mining Ship' and 'Drakkar'.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 09, 2018, 07:58:54 pm »
Did you try opening the window like a door?

Apparently not  8).
If it's lika a door, shouldn't there be a way out of it?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 09, 2018, 08:00:13 pm »
Took me a while to figure out there’s a window.

Amusingly, on the two parter mission (sea oddity) you can take the arcane ray to the next stage

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 09, 2018, 08:00:28 pm »
There's a wall with an opening in front of the 'door,' so it's more like a window with a security shutter.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #998 on: April 09, 2018, 08:19:21 pm »
To bo honest I have never used the Jellyfish either, I am more of a Scorpion person. But I keep hearing about how absolutely best it is.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 09, 2018, 08:41:18 pm »
I always killed everyone in the Sea Oddity and didn't get a 2nd part.
But as the loot is not worth it and the mission is a pain with people needing to be on constant x-grog duty to keep at least some gals concious I just skip it at the moment.

Is the Triton any good? I can build one, but I don't have the hangar space right now.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 09, 2018, 08:43:17 pm »
The Triton has a big door, lots of crew space, and doesn't need fuel.  So it's pretty good as a backup transport or for training crews.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 09, 2018, 09:07:42 pm »
Materials needed include a "smelly rag". Any idea where I can find one?

You have a few rags at the start, but due to their "smelliness" they take up quite a lot of space. If you have sold them all, there seems to be a way to aqquire one with (jacks?) bounty prizes.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 09, 2018, 09:33:07 pm »
The Triton has a big door, lots of crew space, and doesn't need fuel.  So it's pretty good as a backup transport or for training crews.

So it's the old TftD Triton?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 09, 2018, 09:38:37 pm »
So it's the old TftD Triton?

Not quite, there's a bit more interior space, the door is wider (great for tanks or the sentry turret!), and you can't climb all the way on top.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1004 on: April 09, 2018, 09:50:04 pm »
Quick question : I finished a research (don't remember the name) at the end of which I got a "freaky gal". Game prompted me that I can sell her for a good amount of money back to the academy or I can recruit her via manufacture -> recruitment. Materials needed include a "smelly rag". Any idea where I can find one?

If you had any smelly rags from the beginning of the game you can use that.  I sell them off because of how much space they take.  In order to get new ones, you have to unlock Jack's Freak Prize and buy a Freak Gal.  She will come wrapped in a smelly rag, that you can use to manufacture a new one from your Tough Gal > Freak Potential gal, iirc.