Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1024300 times)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2700 on: February 03, 2021, 01:24:39 pm »
Yeah, the goddamn Science Vulv... Ahem...
Anywayz, IME that trashcan either plays cool, or fracks up (can we swear here?). The best I can recommend regarding the SciVeh is, either be a sado-maso and reload the QS made during the dogfight as many times as it whiplashes you till you get that goddamn crashsite. Or reload a HS you made as soon as it appears on the world map (earthscape/worldscape??) and dogfight it; rinse and repeat as needed (UUUGH). OR, make a HS or two as soon as the SV appears on the world map and RESTART THE GAME.  Tedious, but should work.

Now I have a question.
I can't make my Gatling Cyberdisc enter my transport. It says that it needs its ammo - cool, I HAVE the ammo loaded already, some clips of Laser and some clips of Laser AP. WTF, jebo ga ja u dupe kibernetsko gigantskom sondom. (Will translate if you want:) )
Does it need some Laser Adv clips as well? Or a Lobsterman Pizza? Or a Bra Size 100000 Cyberdiscess with internal heating of...? WUT?!

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: February 03, 2021, 02:00:48 pm »
Not an avid user of battlescape vehicles here (5 persons beat any vehicle in my book) but from what I've understood they are equipped as regular wearable armor. That's how you get them in. And type of soldiers that can equip such certain armors is usually limited. I'd guess only LokkNaars may 'wear' a Cyberdisc. So you load them in as equipment and then equip as armor in other menu. Mind the free space. Ammo presence doesn't affect vehicle availability, only its usability.

Nadam se da ti ovo zvuči smisleno jer jebo me pas ako je intuitivno...

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: February 03, 2021, 06:26:36 pm »
ATTN Nilex:

Dobar ti S/HB J:) Jesi li iz YU?
No, the Cyberdisc is a combat unit, not a wearable like an armour. That's a Hovertank (yummeeee...) I have a problem with loading it into my Thunderhorse. It asks for ammo... Which is already right in there, yea, in the horse's ass. :(

Jebem ja Sajberdisk.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: February 03, 2021, 08:11:29 pm »
Ok try loading ammo first, exit equipment screen, only then add Cyberdick. Maybe the check is off.
Second thing, is this the actual Gun/Ammo you put in there (attachment)? Naming is bit confusing.
If both don't work then I have no clue what will.

Btw, Hrv-Zg. Lijep pozdrav :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: February 03, 2021, 08:15:09 pm »
Are you sure you have the correct ammo? the laser cyber disk takes "Vehicle lascannon clip", this is not the same ammo that tanks take, that one is "Tank H-Lascannon batts."

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: February 03, 2021, 08:33:53 pm »
Not an avid user of battlescape vehicles here (5 persons beat any vehicle in my book) but from what I've understood they are equipped as regular wearable armor.
Not IMO... that SPEED cant be matched, to deeply penetrate into the battlefield and scoot around the map practically ignoring reaction fire until its almost done its thing. Havent used the Copter yet but the Armored Car is a staple and id like to use TWO of them (my god the damage!). Nevermind the Car Bombings... lets go deliver Barrel Bombs to the other side of the map and have em explode on Turn 2.

The Bombard is getting abit old in the tooth though, its an easy Mortar, but it can fire Every Turn and thats whats special about it. Even Servo Mortar is every other turn, and I trashed my Tornado Mortar because its too heavy (Burst fire doesn't work either, after the first its unable to get an arc for the remaining shots).

(EDIT: Now that ive got Testudo Armor that may be my new mortar - Strength 150 might be enough to hurl Satchel Charges or Demo Charges a practical distance. Accuracy be damned)

I have tank parts but I dont wanna commit a lokknarr to a tank. Too fragile. Blue Shields take a whizz on lasers too, even tank lasers.

Id say 5 Gals is a minimum for missions in general but beyond that load the pez dispenser with Four Squares. A full 13+ squad is just hard to manage, sweet spot is about 6-7 units for maximum destruction and max speed for realtime expenditure. Thats just my strained patience these days I guess. To compensate I usually gave speedy armor on 3 of those gals whether its Xeno or flying. I havent played with the Motorcycle yet but I rather prefer the Machineguns with Mag ammo, or Flak Cannons (hideous damage in either case).

For Science Vessels I sometimes catch one that isnt an HK and thats the fugger I shoot down. I really just kinda let them do their thing if they're HKs because ill make up the points some other way, discretion us rhe better part of valor. The best weapons ive got currently are Gauss/Avalanche and if the avalanche miss its over. Its not worth the trouble. I need a midrange cannon that does lots of damage and it hasnt appeared yet (plasma spitter is not medium range). Really I just need Shields for my Kraken, I cant afford to keep repairing it for 2 weeks straight, I dont have non-STC shields yet. Dual GatLasers ought to do it frankly.

Legit Question:
What does the 2nd shield rating number mean?
Regen per turn or Armor?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 08:49:40 pm by RSSwizard »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: February 03, 2021, 09:22:37 pm »
ATTN Nilex, Legionof1.
Yea, that's right, I am using the vehicle lascannon clips, just like in the Nilex's foto. Dunno what's the prob with my Cyberdisc, ppl. Will try all possible solutions. I remember sb having the same prob halfa year ago, or so. Will tell u what did I do.

Nilex, super pozdrav iz BG, kompa:)

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: February 03, 2021, 09:32:12 pm »
@RSSwizard
Didn't we exchange tactic stories couple of months ago in the main thread? You might be that grenade aficionado I remember talking to. Yeah this just confirms how different our gameplay styles are hehe. After reading your piece I cannot but to think if I'm robbing myself of some untapped hidden fun experience. It's not that I don't want to use vehicles, it's just I'm used to filling up regular soldier roster (segmented into 2 roles: precision + heavy/PSI) and only then vehicles come into play. My sole problem is lack of vessel space (need at least 20 for 1 VEH, or should say 21). So basically everything until Leviathan and Conqueror (Thonderhorse has another purpose). And diversifying vessels is also needed to maximize mission availability further limiting my options. I just wished for a simple Avenger/Leviathan (26 slots) equivalent but it never came.

2nd shield number represents flat shield recharge on each half-turn, so multiply by 2 to get a single turn recharge. Shields have no armor, lols.

@Alex
Upload the savefile with Cyberdisk issue, and simple steps to reproduce problem. Lets check what's going on.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: February 03, 2021, 11:04:31 pm »
snip
Legit Question:
What does the 2nd shield rating number mean?
Regen per turn or Armor?

Sheild regen per turn.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: February 03, 2021, 11:13:31 pm »
thanks and that doesn't sound so bad
always assumed baddie shields came back to full every turn

cant seem to get into psi myself
tried the persuadutron and it didn't do anything so I just put it back on the shelf
irony is im running gray codex, and really dont have any items that seem to do psi attacks. Just stuff that gets bonuses from voodoo.
I dunno how you get wizbiz - dark ones missions?

, it's just I'm used to filling up regular soldier roster (segmented into 2 roles: precision + heavy/PSI)
Yknow I kinda pigeon holed myself over this by manufacturing 3 Super Shotguns and now its like an addiction because I manufactured an epic ton of ammunition for them. I still carry a Boom Gun which is just another shotgun, but frankly with hvap ammo the SSG is even more dangerous (50x6 verses 54x4 but with a x3 Burst option so 54x10ish). Its got a decent reach. Yeah its boring but it works.
And at range im usually Commando Rifle or Smart Pistol/PS, and ive been taking down whole megapol patrols with Magnum/Smart Bullets and Holosuit (1 GAL interceptor in the dark). Thing is that Reactions buff on damage with like 150+ reactions is bonkers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:54:47 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: February 04, 2021, 12:57:40 am »
You could post a save, im kinda busy over the next few days. I might have a look.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: February 04, 2021, 09:14:05 am »
Hey, ppl, ya ain't gonna believe this.

How to solve the Cyberdisc issue?

Simply - FIRST  load the Cyberdisc, and THEN its ammo!

Can you believe this shit?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: February 04, 2021, 12:19:01 pm »
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: February 04, 2021, 05:29:31 pm »
The Bombard is getting abit old in the tooth though, its an easy Mortar, but it can fire Every Turn and thats whats special about it. Even Servo Mortar is every other turn, and I trashed my Tornado Mortar because its too heavy (Burst fire doesn't work either, after the first its unable to get an arc for the remaining shots).
The first time I used the Bombard was on that Deep One Fort Assault mission. It obliterated like half the map in one shot. So much gas. Beautiful. I bring it along any time I'm on a mission where unrestricted lethal force is allowed.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: February 04, 2021, 08:11:18 pm »
deep ones fort? whats that?