aliens

Author Topic: Aborting Base layout?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Aborting Base layout?
« on: February 25, 2017, 04:58:47 pm »
First, I haven't tried that with latest nightlies. So if this problem has already been addressed during the last months, just tell me and I'm going to recompile and be happy with it. ;-)

I just noticed, that one can't abort laying out the base right at the beginning of the game. If one uses the option to layout the base by own preferences, there's no way of aborting. I know, usually there's no reason to abort just at this time, as this means aborting the starting of a new campaign altogether. But I find it useful, anyways. I found that out, when I forgot to set a mod variable (in this case, the mod option »XcomUtil: Starting Improved Base«). I wanted to abort right away, to turn that option on, first. And there's no way to. At least not on Ubuntu in fullscreen mode. In this case, one actually has to do the entire layouting, although it's right for the trashcan. Therefore I'd like to suggest, that even in this very early stage of the game, one should be able to abort the game, somehow (suggestion: ESC or a button to abort and confirmation question), without having to lay out the entire base first.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Aborting Base layout?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 05:02:56 pm »
It's not possible in the current nightly either, no need to recompile.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Aborting Base layout?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 07:55:06 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation. Then my suggestion stands: Please, dear devs, make it abortable during base layout.