Author Topic: Add Infamy Loss for failed Alien Base attack.  (Read 3679 times)

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Add Infamy Loss for failed Alien Base attack.
« on: February 25, 2017, 09:34:28 am »
At the current time a player can just camp the top with one soldier, wait until units walk inside then leave early for free hostages.

IMO there should be a cost in infamy to run away like attack failed/attack repelled demerit for any time a player runs away from attacking a base.

Something like -100 points so this kind of tactic can't be used to cheese a bit too much. Not to mention it'd fit in with the lore if your competitors fought you off.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Add Infamy Loss for failed Alien Base attack.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:45:46 pm »
This is an intriguing idea. Though i rarely find base assaults difficult to the point of disengagement.

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 09:45:05 pm »
This is an intriguing idea. Though i rarely find base assaults difficult to the point of disengagement.
It's to prevent the player from going in, kidnapping a high-ranked enemy and retreating, while also being able to repeat that as many times as they like. I don't think it's such a big issue personally though, you risk getting your gals killed just as well.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 10:22:31 pm »
If you send lots of cheap slaves you can leave them in corners and skip 5+ turns
And you don't have to capture anything just wait for something to walk to the top, then run. You'll auto capture them, and their gear.

You can do this stark nude with 1 male slave.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:07:36 pm »
Huh that is an abuse-able corner case. I had no idea awake foes could be nabbed like that.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:35:15 pm »
Yeah everyone in the EZ counts as captured. Acceptable when you're using a ship, but here, it is abusable, sure, but I won't be fixing that now since the Secret Bases will be completely rebuilt at some point.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 10:59:52 pm »
the Secret Bases will be completely rebuilt at some point.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

If I may suggest, make them have a base control facility you need to blow up (like that synomium devices in TFRD) and have the baddies bring in reinforcements (like alien buildings did in Apocalypse).