Author Topic: Bug - no alien bases show up (sav attached)  (Read 9152 times)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bug - no alien bases show up (sav attached)
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 05:58:49 pm »
Omfg, that was complicated to find.
Why on earth does he put "g" in front of every build name???
Also, a8e05cf (not ga8e05cf goddamnit) does not exist as far as I can say.
Based on your save I can see you're using build 79de8d2 (not g79de8d2 goddamnit sfalexrog why do you put g in front of it??) from July 1st 2016, which is based on nightly from the same date (build dbd3979).

That is kinda weird. If his version is truly based on the nightly from July 1st 2016 the "g" suffix should not have been there. It was removed from the nighly by commit 274bdd126.

Looking at his sdl branch (i assume that is the one building the packages, all others are updated 3 years ago) the suffix never left, apparently the merge from January 3rd 2016 5a6dd05 (3rd from specific history ) managed to sneak in the old line. Not sure if it was an oversight or something deliberately.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 06:05:55 pm »
One more thing bothers me: when I skip a few monts and fail it shows "final score" where my difficulty rating is mentioned as "beginner", but I'm 100% sure I started playing Veteran difficulty before transferring my sav file from PC (once).

The infamous difficulty bug strikes once again, mwahaha.

Offline Blade.Runner

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 12:17:03 pm »
I replaced STR_TERROR_MISSION with STR_ALIEN_BASE_ASSAULT in the alienBases section in your save.

If you're using just one platform now (really, don't mix them if you don't know exactly what you're doing)... and still experiencing the issue, your installation might be broken. Try reinstalling the nightly on PC, it does work there. I can't say if it works properly on Android, I haven't used it.

Hello to all, I have the same problem in Android. That's why I can't finish the game, because research already empty. Please, tell me how I can edited save file to open alien base with lobstermans. By your method I open on map two bases, but it replaced an aquatoids and tasoths on first level of assault, so I think it will be on the next level of mission. Please help me with this small problem, I need lobstermans commanders to complete game.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 01:08:07 pm »
Hello to all, I have the same problem in Android. That's why I can't finish the game, because research already empty. Please, tell me how I can edited save file to open alien base with lobstermans. By your method I open on map two bases, but it replaced an aquatoids and tasoths on first level of assault, so I think it will be on the next level of mission. Please help me with this small problem, I need lobstermans commanders to complete game.

There are always only Aquatoids and Tasoths on the first level of base attack.
You need to go to the second level... it will be full of Lobstermen (and Tentaculats). The commanders are in a tiny room on the bottom floor.

Offline Blade.Runner

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 01:31:11 pm »
Meridian, thanks for your fast answer.

I never comleted TFTD, because it's toooooo long.

To offtop: it's necessary to destroy ALL 12 Artifact bases to complete the game?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 02:00:03 pm »
To offtop: it's necessary to destroy ALL 12 Artifact bases to complete the game?

No, actually you don't need to destroy any of them.