aliens

Author Topic: [SOLVED][OXCE+] firesound played only once for autoshot  (Read 2012 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
[SOLVED][OXCE+] firesound played only once for autoshot
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:45:54 pm »
I have this cool (for me at least) minigun sound. Problem is that for each shot of the autoshot, the weapon firing sound is played. So you have this "BRRRRRRTTT" sound for each single bullet fired. It is so jarring.

Setting (credits to Dioxine's XPiratez):
  hitAnimation: -1
makes the situation bearable, since the burst doesn't have to wait for the hit animation to play out, each time.

Is there a way to somehow force the sound only at the beginning of the autoshot? ...Maybe in the end it still won't be good, due to how autoshots are handled, but it's nice to try :P.
I guess a workaround is making the minigun like a shotgun, but then you'd lose the bullet sprites.

Thanks

edit: i don't know how but i made this topic twice. fixed it now.

edit2: tl;dr you can't do it and it does not make sense.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:32:26 pm by robin »

Offline Xcommander

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED][OXCE+] firesound played only once for autoshot
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 10:24:46 am »
Why is it impossible? When your shots leave the map there is no "impact" sound and the bullets on autoshot come out *fast*. Would it be possible to change the impact sound to something very short and pronounced?

I had the same idea, since I'm testing my potential "Vanilla Hardmode" MOD with 3x the aliens and there is a *lot* of shooting!