Author Topic: [Submod][Race] Space Onis - v1.02  (Read 1447 times)

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Submod][Race] Space Onis - v1.02
« on: August 06, 2023, 03:05:13 am »
V1.02
- Finished Oni armor battle sprite
- Added research for Getter Defence
- Getter Defence
- Added unarmed punch weapon

----------------------------------------------------------
Current WIP:
- Adding Hero Unit Lum
- Adding Research to unlock 2 special Heroes units from another 80' space series
----------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody, just wanted to share a new Race I'm working on and which is based on Dioxine's awesome XpirateZ world. They are the Space Onis, inspired by 80's toon Urusei Yatsura (Lum or Lamù in italian). I think that the over the line style of the characters there fits well with the theme of XPiratez, and who knows maybe I'll be lucky enough to see them included in the game sometimes in the future :).

I'm still new to modding so I'm moving by little step and testing it while I'm playing a normal run in the Game. Graphic is still WIP but I'm pretty happy about how it is turning out.
Stats are a bit random now and I'll probably need some suggestions for tweaking them and make the mod balanced.

For now this is the content of the mod (tested on the latest June release of XPirateZ):

- Space Oni race obtainable after some research post first Nekomimi's encounter in the game (my idea is to have them as long-time rivals then allies against the Stellar Gods)
- Basic armor and Oni warrior armor (still need some finishing in the battlescape sprite)
- Some Ufopedia lore
- A set of 3 weapons based on Getter Energy (for now it's plasma type but I'd like to create a new energy type if possible)
   - pistol
   - rifle
   - cannon

Space Onis are very strong and suited for meelee combat, they can naturally fly (like in the serie), but have no psi power.

Hope to add new armor and weapons and then start working on recolours and hairstyle.

Here are some screenshots and the zip file containing the mod. hope for some suggestions and idea from you guys, thanks and have fun! :D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 05:49:45 pm by urz9999 »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: [Submod][Race] Space Onis - v1.01
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 02:52:13 pm »
Great idea! That cartoon remunds me of the ol' days <3

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 06:30:25 pm »
The current damage system uses 19/20 possible damage types, so chances of adding a new one without coming in conflict with the existing system are slim. Especially since this would require editing 500+ armors currently in the game :)

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 07:35:52 pm »
Hi Dioxine, first let me take this occasion to thank you for the mod, which is probably the best total conversion of a game that I ever played, so for now I was using plasma damage because was the first that came to my mind for representing Getter energy but maybe it would be too obvious, what do you think it would be best for something that work at particle levels from what you have now as damage types? Also caoul you kindly point me out where to find a reference for alternate skin/hair modification? Would like to add a little variation while adding a little more content (also because ultimately I would like to add variace as to have the default long green hair for Lum if I find out out to make a hero event, after some researches)  :D