aliens

Author Topic: stuck on tech tree - academy engineering???  (Read 956 times)

Offline njiopuiiyp

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
stuck on tech tree - academy engineering???
« on: July 08, 2023, 10:01:56 am »
Just got back to another run of piratez on Jack Sparrow difficulty, really enjoyed it. However, as I have progress pretty far in other tech branches (progress says about 50%), it seems I lack "academy engineering"??? Which is a choke point.

It seems I need to acquired an item by the same name to research it. Where can I get it?

Many thanks guys!

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: stuck on tech tree - academy engineering???
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 06:02:23 pm »
I think you need an Academy engineer and then Academy Engineering should be one of the topics especially if you have completed the relevant 'Interrogation' research.

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: stuck on tech tree - academy engineering???
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 10:35:47 am »
ACADEMY ENGINEERING is unlocked by researching an Academy Engineer, after you have already researched Interrogation Techniques. It's a random unlock from them, like all of the shipping documentation, so if you don't get it at first, keep trying and eventually it will unlock.

I believe the idea is that those ALL CAPS topics are a comprehensive overview of a particular subject, including particularly sensitive information. The people who have that information won't give up their full understanding of it until you know how to thoroughly interrogate them. You'll only get bits and pieces (like shipping documentation) without the proper approach.