Contributions > Builds & Ports

OSX App 10.9+ Nightly Dev 20180720

(1/7) > >>

darklord42:
Hi all

This app bundle is based on on the changes in nightly as of 7/20/18

Now built for OSX 10.9 and up.

(I can probably do x86_64 10.6 and up, but it would require reworking the yaml-cpp.framework, which is non standard.  If there is any interest, let me know.)

download

ivan_obelovic:
New user here.

Downloaded the file provided, and it works (so far) with my machine running 10.12.

I had to delete the libSDL_gfx.13.dylib symlink and create a new one (also pointing to libSDL_gfx.14.dylib). Otherwise the binary complains about not being able to find the dylib.

Thanks for the good work!

EDIT: In hindsight, the problem might have been due to permission on the symlink. I'm not sure, but perhaps all I had to do was chmod +rwx on the symlink instead of creating a new one?

darklord42:
Ah,  sorry, I didn't think that would be an issue.  Yes, permissions is most likely the main culprit.  I'll see if I can fix it next time.

[EDIT]

There, fixed the issue simply by getting rid of the simlink and linking the openxcom binary directly.
Ideally I wanted to replace the dylibs with the frameworks which were built for 10.5+ thereby ensuring 10.10 compatibility, but there was some weird dylib version incompatibility between the dylib and frameworks despite being the same library in a different package...  The only way to fix it would be compile OpenXcom against the OSX frameworks instead...

RangerXCom:
Greetings, thank you for the build!  i seem to have it working as expected accept for one thing - painfully slow animations.  In particular, the "window open" animations in many of the dialogs are truly sluggish.

Are there any settings I can tweak to speed things up a bit?

ozelot:
Hello! Is it ok, that openXcom is draining battery so fast? My mbk air 2015 (13" i5 8gm ram) is also heating as shit. Maybe there is something i can tune up?
Btw, thanks for a great work, guys. I love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version