aliens

Author Topic: *Recovered* [MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 0.99F3.105 (Thanks Juku121!)  (Read 49430 times)

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 99F3.104
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2017, 08:32:19 pm »
I've attached a screenshot of the error message. I'll spend an hour or so looking around for a broken string by eye tonight. If I find anything I'll either edit this post or add a new one.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2017, 08:38:02 pm »
Replacing STR_RAIDER_AUTOPSY with STR_RAIDER_CORPSE fixed the problem for me.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2017, 09:29:23 pm »
Yup, a bunch of strings changed from STR_*_AUTOPSY to STR_*_CORPSE between version G2 and G4. The fix greattuna posted works.

@greattuna How did you spot that so fast?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2017, 09:49:06 pm »
Well, I used fancy notepad++, and I was looking for strings in both files at the same time, and I did it a few hours ago and only now got to post it.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
[MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 99G4.104 (Bug Fix)
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2017, 10:15:21 pm »
Thanks for the Fix!  I have updated the mod in the link on the OP.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] PG13 Version (Less NSFW) 99G4.104 (BugFix)
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2019, 03:33:26 pm »
hi,

would it planned to update this Mod to be compatible with the latest version of the game?

thanks in advance

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2019, 03:21:04 pm »
hi,

would it planned to update this Mod to be compatible with the latest version of the game?

thanks in advance

Unfortunately I have no plans or desire to update this mod.  The amount of effort involve is intense, and keeping up with core updates is overwhelming.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2019, 12:27:24 am »
Not to mention that some of the explicit stuff is actually part of the gameplay and lore; running around buck naked does impact your gal's combat stats, and covering up the belters would ruin the entire point of them as a few examples.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2019, 02:39:46 pm »
Not to mention that some of the explicit stuff is actually part of the gameplay and lore; running around buck naked does impact your gal's combat stats, and covering up the belters would ruin the entire point of them as a few examples.

I have to agree here.

Reminds me of that "Trump" speech from South Park.
Slavery, murdering for money, prostitution, and the whole adult theme is fine, but light nudity? NOOOO that's too much
The game has arson, murder, and jaywalking. But we've got to scrub that jaywalking out so that it can be accessible to a wider audience. I think it would damage the lore less to scrub out the arson.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2019, 03:19:50 pm »
hi,

thanks in advance

Fortunately, the mod available in the OP appears to be compatible with the current version of Piratez (J10), it just hasn't been updated with anything new.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2019, 01:00:37 pm »

I understand.

Too bad, I don't have a particular problem with nudity or something similar, it's especially because I really like a lot and prefer the pictures used in this mod,

thanks to have done it

Fortunately, the mod available in the OP appears to be compatible with the current version of Piratez (J10), it just hasn't been updated with anything new.

well, not exactly. after a while, this error message appears :

EDIT: I have converted the pictures in 8 bits format. it's ugly, but the problem seems to be fixed
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 04:41:59 pm by Poulpiche »

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2021, 05:34:27 pm »
This looks interesting. If I have too much time on my hands maybe I should see if it can be coaxed to work with the latest version.

The rampant boobage joke is wearing a bit thin for me, sometimes less is more. In some places it's justified (e.g. 2 girls 1 panties) but most of the time it's just jarring. Plus the images on the thread look really nice. I don't really mind wife and kids seeing me play a game with some pixelated boobies on living room TV, it's mainly the relentless onlaught of them pixels.

You're entitled to feel differently.

Offline Mkok

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2021, 12:23:13 am »
The download link is down, is there some other link? Even to an old version that does not work with the current x-piratez would be fine.

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2021, 03:33:08 am »
The download link is down, is there some other link? Even to an old version that does not work with the current x-piratez would be fine.

Old version would be all we could expect given that the last activity was back in 2017. Ivan has been here in February, though, so maybe there's hope reaching him, I dropped him a PM. Might take a while until next time he's checking openXcom. Of course if anyone has the last version somewhere..

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2021, 06:16:37 pm »
Sorry for the confusion!  It looks like all my old copies are gone. 

Thanks Barleyman for the heads up.  I found and old copy and reuploaded it.  I've updated the opening post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15rsKKGgHqGv0tCrk8Ykt-JJ1wsX8u_5j/view?usp=sharing

I have not tested this, nor seen if the 8 bit error mentioned above is still an issue. 
I'm mostly posting this for anyone interested in how the mod worked, and welcome any and all to use some, all, or none of it as circumstances allow.  Unfortunately, I will still be unable to maintain any support for the mod.

Cheers!

Old version would be all we could expect given that the last activity was back in 2017. Ivan has been here in February, though, so maybe there's hope reaching him, I dropped him a PM. Might take a while until next time he's checking openXcom. Of course if anyone has the last version somewhere..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:11:44 pm by ivandogovich »