Author Topic: Superhuman Final Mod Pack 1.9.6c LP. (plus some other things)  (Read 11674 times)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Superhuman Final Mod Pack 1.9.6c LP. (plus some other things)
« on: February 05, 2017, 05:23:15 am »
HI and welcome to my FMP LP. I decided to do this LP to enhance my experience with the game. To give a little brief about my Xcom history, I played this game for the first time around 1996, playing a terror mission demo from a PC magazine wich name I don´t remember. I cost me a lot to successfully finish this demo, but I was 10 years in that moment. I like strategy games in general, but I have to recognize I´m kind of inclined to the cheat side frequently. I have never finished a superhuman run, only finished the game once circa 2005 in Veteran.

I played FMP for the first time in 2014, it was great!. I forgot about it until last December (2016). Actually I have like two weeks before start working again, but I will try to play and update weekly after that.

Those are the rules of the LP:

- Hardest difficult. Superhuman.
- FMP 1.9.6c. If some new version get out, I will think about upgrading or not. I had some other mods added, lightly modified for they to work. This is not balanced, but they are interesting for me and I will use it anyways. Even with this, I will try to see if they get too OP and rid of those options. But for the curiosity of it, I will leave them activated.
- Smoke grenade are allowed. Smoke curtain will be used. I will try not to abuse, because I know a lot of people don´t like them, and consider them cheaty.
- Pre primed grenades only on hand. No pre primed on inventory. I think this is a good compromise.
- I know this is polemical too, but I will sometimes wait for the first turn, sometimes no. In general, I will try to play the first turn without standing still, but sometimes (Like in terror missions), I will just do that.
- I can use the hot potato - grenade trick. Another one that is don´t liked too much. Again, will try not to abuse. I use it seldom normally, so I think it is not going to be a problem.
- I will let myself three reloads per month. If something went blatantly wrong in a mission, I will repeat it. The reloads are on the end of a turn or pre-mission only. But three for month, and that´s it. So, surely I will use it in some early terror mission :). Oh, I´m using save scumming. I know this is going to cause lot of "you should be ashame" reactions, but at least I´m trying to give myself a limit. Yes, it is shabby tactic, but I need a breath :), I´m frustrated enough in Real LifeTM. I can think restricting this more or eliminate completely. Let´s see what happens.
- I´m using OXCE+ 3.6. I like the options. And to experiment.

This is not mainly video based, but I will make some. I´m deeply ashamed of my spoken English (And don´t have a good mic BTW). One idea that I have is to record the game and then have some cuts with scripted commentaries with a good pronunciation practised beforehand, or written annotations. Let´s see how this develop.

I want to thanks all the OXC contributors (SupSuper and Warboy have the most commits, but there are 114 contributors listed, thanks to you all.), Solarius Scorch and Human Ktulu for the FMP (And all the other contributors), Yankes and Meridian for OXCE and OXCE+, Dioxine, Hellrazor and Hobbes for their mega mods, all the modders out there, and all the OpenXcom Forum comunity (This forum is pretty cool). I know a lot of people is missing (ivandogovich, luke, oh, tons and tons), but you know, the post is already very long.

The next post. General strategy guidelines, and the first mission.

Ah. one last thing. If you wish, you can have one or several soldiers with your name, as tradition dictate. It make things very interesting.

To close, here are the images of my configuration.

The extra mods are:
Veterancy by Firaa
Advanced MediKit by Hellrazor
FMP High Quality Sounds by Daedalus
Iron Man Super Suit by SimonBelmont (Very unbalancing, but very lategame)
Personal Armor variant and scout armor variant by harald_gray (FMP have LOT´s of armor, those are redundant, and unbalanced for the mod, but I like to try).

I´m thinking about using HWP - Xcom Enforcer mod by MickTheMage, but it have a weird glitch with OXCE+ 3.6 and I don´t want to bother anyone with this.

Oh. I want to say that my main inspiration for this LP are Lion66six with his Hardmode Expansion LP and Meridian with... well, mainly the FMP one but all in general.

I promise smaller photos the next time :).

INDEX:
I. Configuration: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5259.msg78585.html#msg78585
Part 1.a. General Strategy and first steps. https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5259.msg78587.html#msg78587
Part 1.b. First Mission. Happy rocket. https://youtu.be/ka-vEbh43Kc
Part 2.a Some updates. https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5259.msg78683.html#msg78683
Part 2.b UFO down. https://youtu.be/ZPja21ksv9Q

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:17:30 pm by ajnunezr »

Offline Cmndr_Stryker

• Sergeant
  • Fire everything we got!
    • View Profile
Re: Superhuman Final Mod Pack 1.9.6c LP. (plus some other things)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:37:37 pm »
Since no one else has done it yet, I guess I'll be the first one to enlist.  If you don't mind, I would also like my guy to be either a rifleman or a sniper.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 10:06:26 pm »
Since no one else has done it yet, I guess I'll be the first one to enlist.  If you don't mind, I would also like my guy to be either a rifleman or a sniper.

Great!. You are enlisted as a sniper.

Actually finished the first video. Trying to edit. get the screenshoots, doing the cuts, etc. Actually looking for a not so heavy editing software.

Offline Wimples

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 10:50:59 pm »
Sign me up. Give me a pistol and a kinfe/sword :)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 11:21:06 pm »
Sign me up. Give me a pistol and a kinfe/sword :)

You´re in!. Knife and sword for you.

Still trying different software for video editing.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:16:52 am »
I decided to move the images of the configuration to this post. The first will be the index.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 05:08:10 am »
Part 1.a. General Strategy and first steps

Welcome back. I´m trying to figure out how to work with this. I make a video but did not find a quick and easy way to edit it, add some comments, cut some parts, etc. So, here I will expose some preliminary work, and the next part will be the video of the very fortunate first mission.

To begin with. Where to put the first base? I will follow the classic Europe HQ. Like most of ONU offices, they´re in Europe anyway. And Greece gladly accepted to accommodate my first base.

The architect decided that the first approved layout should be modified, and proposed the next one.

The financial advisor is happy, it is saying we will be doing great with finances. Poor dreamer.

We have lot of space with that large living quarter. We need more info so are going to contract some scientifcs, and we need some soldiers also.

But first, we need to reequip those interceptors. I don´t really like cannons too much. One Interceptor will be full stingrays, and the other will use stingray and avalanches.

I will consider seriously to buy this baby to have long distance detection. Let´s see what happens.

And purchases begin. I love those dogs, and that scout robot.

And definitely will buy some magnums. I do really like those guns.

They are heavy, and the protection is not awesome considering the aliens use... well, alien weapons.

This will be the first crazy thing. We have to kind of medi-kits at the start. This because of added mods contractor.

We are going to manufacture some stun rod to save then for later. We don´t have any alien containment way to capture and maintain a live alien yet.

Our informants told us that a lot of activity is been seen in Siberia. We are going to do some patrol there. South America have some UFO activity too, but it is so far away...

And some days latter, a landed UFO appears. Sending the Skyraider right now.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 12:46:51 pm »
Good luck with your first assignment! :)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 05:33:49 pm »
And now, the footage of the first mission!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka-vEbh43Kc&index=1&list=PLFY_DDgAw31BaEoh83dZKrNGn2UQGzV46

I get a very lucky shot with the rocket launcher!.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 10:32:41 am »
Reporting for Duty!

Let me do some awesome Shotgun actions if you can ^^

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 08:00:57 pm »
Hi again.

After a good first mission, we are expanding our base

Our main activity is in Siberia and Europe. We are sending some interceptors to patrol there.

Meanwhile, these soldiers reveals their names.

We intercepted one, take some damaged, but put it down! Now the squad is going there.

next post, the battlescape satellite video record :) (Hopefully, aliens don´t care about satellites)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:05 pm »
And here is the video:

Oxc FMP part 2. [UFO down]
https://youtu.be/ZPja21ksv9Q

Offline Wimples

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 02:12:07 am »
I wonder why my accuracy didn't go up after two kills. Thought I was a goner there at the end.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 03:00:02 am »
I wonder why my accuracy didn't go up after two kills. Thought I was a goner there at the end.

Mistery of life :=)

Offline Cmndr_Stryker

• Sergeant
  • Fire everything we got!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 09:53:59 pm »
One thing you should do is when you finish researching Advanced Firearms, switch out my rifle for a Tactical Sniper.  It's super accurate, does a lot of damage, and it can use HE rounds! The only drawback is that whoever you give it to, it will make them a little less mobile.