aliens

Author Topic: some implements that are or aren´t !  (Read 2475 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
some implements that are or aren´t !
« on: February 02, 2017, 04:32:43 pm »
i would like to bring this 6 implements to my mod, but i dunno if it already exist, i search on forum but haven't found answer

1- limit item - ex: only 1 OP armor per game , and if destroyed can be manufactured again , i see there´s some unique facility per base , there can be also item like that, or limit to only five set´s of armor of that kind?

2- heal amor instead of health- i need a techmarine to repair amor is it possible to fire a weapon that bring´s negative armor damage value and repair? or use a new medikit no for health but for amor?

3- UFO DEFENCE Ufopedia use the TFTD ufopedia system - i would like to showoff my new base tiles on ufopedia or the armor like in TFTD but it sucks, i see the problem in the pallete but is better than base sprite

4- several fire sounds - instead of one , i tried  to do already in the rulleset dosen´t work like the several death ones

5- A item on backpack that shows in battlescape sprite- like a medal or backpack , or helmet that overrides ther hand and armor sprite

6- some gun that gives or blessing that gives blessings for the misson - like a shot that enchanges health , moral or Tu´s

I bet some of this already exist but must be deep in forum

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: some implements that are or aren´t !
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 04:53:10 pm »
You're using OXCE+, right?  Most of this is in there:

1:  Make armor only from loot item that is gained from a mission that happens only once, workaround, but it does work.

2:  OXCE - damageAlter tag on item, ToArmor can be negative I think to repair armor, set ToHealth to 0 if you don't want it to hurt!

3:  I think just use a different article type number in the ruleset?  Check the ruleset reference on Ufopaedia.org

4:  Done recently in OXCE+, choose many item sounds randomly from lists, just like death sounds

5:  Not sure if it's possible

6:  Same as 2, ToMorale, ToTime, ToHealth being negative can buff units, see Piratez' battle flag

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 05:57:18 pm »
1. As ohartenstein23 said, or manufacturing it requires a piece of material that is only given on starting base (can be 5 pieces). In either case, this item should serve as 'corpse' of the wearer of this armor. Be sure to make it non-destroyable, so it's safe from explosions. The player can still lose one if he aborts a mission and the killed armor-wearer is not brought back in escape zone.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:28:16 pm »
5 - Probably around OXCE 3.8 this will be possible, right now unit can change its look only based on items held in hands (e.g. mingun can have backpack with ammo, but you need add special graphic for this for each armor to work).
6 - in 3.6 weapons hits can change max hp of unit or other stats. This can be temporary change.