Author Topic: switching between oxc and oxce with seperate executables  (Read 49 times)

Offline cptnqusr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
switching between oxc and oxce with seperate executables
« on: April 17, 2024, 08:11:48 pm »
hey all,

i'm running xcom on windows and i'm able to install both vanilla oxc and oxce, with the hope of running different mods for one of the two versions depending on necessity and preference for nitty gritty details. when installing oxce, will the changes that come with using that engine apply when i also run vanilla oxc? settings definitely carry over, but i'm wondering if the processes for running the engine become the same upon install.

thanks in advance, and i'm hyped there's an active forum!

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: switching between oxc and oxce with seperate executables
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 09:45:18 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean with your main point. Obviously you launch the executables a different way, but what else.

There is a caveat with switching back and forth. If you go from OXCE to OXC and back to OXCE, I think your OXCE-related settings are going to disappear. The same thing happens if you switch between mods and each mod forces its own settings. Based on my experience, essentially each time you switch between major mods you may need to readjust your settings. It would certainly be smoother if the settings could somehow be preserved (except by launching the executable with reference to a separate settings file for each), but I think that would cause other issues when the settings provided by OXCE change over time.