Author Topic: Dossiers wanted!  (Read 85898 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Dossiers wanted!
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2017, 12:27:37 am »
Well, it's a tad long... Like ten times too long. ;) But the actual problem is, why would X-Com be interested in this case? It's a job for the CIA, or rather it was a job for CIA half a century ago - he's not linked to the alien stuff. I can't do much with this one, but don't be discouraged and try again! Dossiers are always nice, and it's a way to get something published together.

Also please stick to the template from the first post; while I can adjust it myself, it helps with writing itself, too.

Offline ssfsx17

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2017, 03:42:25 am »
Thanks, I added Taman Shud. I feel a bit unsure about adding a real person, but 1) we know pretty much nothing about him, and 2) it was almost a century ago...

Guess it depends on how you feel about Jack the Ripper fiction. But I figure, unsolved mysteries from the 20th century are key to the feel and atmosphere of a conspiracy-themed work.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2017, 03:01:00 pm »
Hell, somebody should make a dossier of writer who knows too much about Cult of Dagon (because there should be some more Lovecraft references) ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2017, 04:00:48 pm »
Hell, somebody should make a dossier of writer who knows too much about Cult of Dagon (because there should be some more Lovecraft references) ;D

There is already a reference to Erich Zahn. :P

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2017, 05:22:35 pm »
There is already a reference to Erich Zahn. :P
Um, well... I'll try to make something else then. So... is "no mercs and lowly criminals, plz" rule already working?
Oh, and another thing - mentions of psionics in dossiers seems a bit odd to me, just because we're supposed to discover it much later when we'll have to deal with full-scale alien invasion. I thought that our "special investigations bureau" is somewhat sceptical about supernatural stuff and trying to understand all of this scienifical way so we don't know that psionics exists yet.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2017, 05:47:20 pm »
Um, well... I'll try to make something else then. So... is "no mercs and lowly criminals, plz" rule already working?

It's been working since forever, but the boundary is kinda fuzzy here. And in many cases the text can be tweaked easily, for example by changing allegiance to some hostile organization (like the cults).

Oh, and another thing - mentions of psionics in dossiers seems a bit odd to me, just because we're supposed to discover it much later when we'll have to deal with full-scale alien invasion. I thought that our "special investigations bureau" is somewhat sceptical about supernatural stuff and trying to understand all of this scienifical way so we don't know that psionics exists yet.

Sort of, but the dossiers are something you know about from captured prisoners or documents. Of course X-Com Commander has the right to be sceptical about it, but still, this is what the investigation returned. ;)

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
  • "If we can't see them, they can't see us!" - Rook
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2017, 10:53:50 pm »
Name: Gunter Meyer

Affiliation: Insurgency Forces (name it whatever you wish, maybe fit it into an already pre-existing branch)

Role: Strategist and Tactician

Details:
Once one of the highest-ranking members within the Motorisierte Schützen, Colonel Meyer served in the East-German armed forces until 1991 when the Berlin Wall, and East-Germany along with it, dissolved. Following dissolution Gunter Meyer leveraged his influence within the armed forces to formulate a deadly insurgency campaign against the "Capitalist Regime" of the new German government, orchestrating half a dozen bombings and influencing dozens more. It appears that he has been using his connections and wealth to accumulate a vast privatized army, the scope of which is attempting to find new technologies in order to overthrow the German government, no matter where, or who, it comes from.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:30:32 am by The Think Tank »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2017, 01:39:13 am »
Name: Gunter Meyer

Affiliation: Insurgency Forces (name it whatever you wish, maybe fit it into an already pre-existing branch)

(...)

Thanks! Yes, I have a fitting faction for him... But it hasn't been introduced yet, so I'm keeping it a secret. :)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2017, 02:10:50 am »
- Name: Piotr Wisniewski
- Role: Scientist - High Energy Physics, Particle Physics
- Affiliation: Former X-Com Scientist
- Details: Worked with X-Com from 1967 to 1984 when he left to work on his own projects. Piotr is a brilliant scientist who often disagreed with his colleagues and on numerous occasions tried to shift the direction of projects. Since his departure, it is unknown what he is working on but he is a suspect for the theft of some alien artifacts and he may be working on his own secret projects.

I picture this being some old guy who understands alien technology in a way most scientists cannot grasp. He'd be most interested in alien power technology and probably wants to get his hands on elerium or an elerium power source. Whatever he stole may be from a different alien civilization and it is likely the technology recovered in the First War is unlike anything he has seen before. Perhaps he is a minor threat of theft, but also someone who could be useful for advancing our understanding of the technology if you could coax him to come out of hiding.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2017, 03:50:09 am »
Thanks!

I'll have to play around with this one, since X-Com itself doesn't initially know there was an X-Com before (it is discovered later), but I'll do my best.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2017, 01:17:37 pm »
Sweet! :D

Perhaps what is known is that he was working for a secret multi-national organization and most of his documentation is classified, but they have revealed he's a suspect in alien artifact theft because they'd like him caught and the stolen goods returned if possible.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2017, 06:49:47 pm »
Hmmm... But why would X-Com be interested in them?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 02:40:06 pm »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , I mainly wrote the dossier for my own amusement.

Ah OK, I'll think if I can do something with it. :)

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2017, 05:31:27 pm »
Name : Natalia "Crystal" Sernovich

Role : Prostitute / Assassin.

Affiliation : Alien collaborator

Details : Functioning as an agent for the aliens, this woman seems to have a modified version of the zombie parasite within her, which does not cause her any outward changes, but gives her the ability to infect others. Working as a high class prostitute, she uses her role to infiltrate, and take out her targets by infecting them, or those around them, with the "not so innocent" act of sex to accomplish the goal, before disappearing as chaos ensues. She is also incredibly strong despite her delicate looking appearance, is dangerous in a fight, and is rumored to have psionic abilities. It is unclear if she is a normal human before this, was created from scratch, or was able to strike a deal with the aliens for some form of freedom

-------------------

Tyvarius Stienburg

Role : Money launderer(?), Lawyer, Banker

Affiliation : for hire

Details : An expert at law, and all its loop holes, this person has often been present with many cases involving suspicious characters, be them church of Dagon, Exalt, Red Dawn, Black Lotus, or others. He is highly skilled at manipulation, of emotions, law, truth, and evidence, and is always present, in person, or by an employee he sends, in any high stakes court case which end up with the defendant set free. He also is a "financial advisor" for many, and those he grows in contact with this way, end up with plenty of funds, but no real paper trail behind it that proves wrong doing, despite plenty of allegations. Rumors indicate he may have direct contact with aliens at times, or that he has very subtle psionic abilities. Despite all of this, no legal hard evidence has been found yet of breaking any law, but everyone who hires him says he is "A huge asset".

Status : Under surveillance, Tax audit issued, business audit issued, undercover agent dispatched

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2017, 10:05:24 pm »
These two are great! Taken, but I had to heavily edit the texts to make it fit the page.