Author Topic: Dossiers wanted!  (Read 85851 times)

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Dossiers wanted!
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2020, 06:51:03 pm »
I had another idea for an alien dossier:

Name: "Berserker"
AFFILIATION: Muton (bio-enhanced)
Details: Our researchers speculate that this particular Muton may have survived the loss of its telepathic link to an Ethereal at the expense of its sanity, and has since been given extensive muscular augmentations to make it into a semi-sentient terror weapon. Even the aliens apparently struggle to control it, as it has been seen attacking its own allies with no obvious provocation. Agents unfortunate enough to attract its attention without bringing sufficient firepower are advised to retreat immediately.
Notes: It is currently unknown if this "Berserker" is a unique entity. If it is not, agents should be alerted accordingly.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2020, 10:19:16 pm »
Sorry, was kinda busy.

I am watching Fringe these days, and it gave me an idea. How about a scientist that specializes on contagious diseases and bio-terrorism?

His M.O. will be like this: He will synthesize a biological and/or chemical agent (possibly using alien tissues/viruses) which will cause symptoms and fatal reactions that no other illness etc. will show, prepare a dramatic demonstration by killing civilians in a place he has chosen (a cafe, a diner, or a social gathering), and then sell the agent to the highest bidder among the crazed cults. He may even have a mission to catch him in the act, like a timed mission in a crowded area before he unleashes his newly produced agent.

If it seems interesting, I can write the dossier. Sorry if there is already a dossier like this, I still haven't played this wonderful mod fully.

Well, maybe? The concept is solid, but you'd need to find a way to make him a suitable target for X-Com. I encourage you to try.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2020, 11:10:29 pm »
Hm, usually you'd better keep careful taking Firaxis XCOM content...

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2020, 05:18:18 pm »
Hm, usually you'd better keep careful taking Firaxis XCOM content...

That EXALT screenshot on the EXALT Rationale page (among others) has been there for a long time and they've never made a fuss about it. But I'm sure I could find replacement art if I absolutely had to.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2020, 12:30:23 am »
Sorry, was kinda busy.

Well, maybe? The concept is solid, but you'd need to find a way to make him a suitable target for X-Com. I encourage you to try.

Name: Dr. Peter Hoffman
Role: Bio-terrorist
Affilition: None

Details: Dr. Hoffman is a brilliant biochemist who turned to bioterrorism for profit. He designs unique biochemical agents and advertises them to the underworld by preparing a demonstration on civilian populations in crowded areas. Victims die painfully moments after exposure. After his "theatrics", he sells his products to the highest bidder, making his buyers even more dangerous. Some of his pathogens are suspected to be alien in nature.

Here is the dossier I thought of. If you mean why X-Com would care about him, it is because they don't want the cults to own viruses on top of all they have. But if you mean suitable target as in a mission I don't know :) I will try to think of something if you are okay with a mission.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 04:46:41 am by the nomad »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2020, 02:09:14 pm »
Hmm, can you tie him to "alien" stuff a bit more? Sure we don't want cults to have biological weapons, but I'm still unsure if it's related to X-Com duties - it's more about general terrorism.

BTW where's the pic from?

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2020, 08:15:57 pm »
Hmm, I see what you mean. How about something like this?

Name: Dr. Peter Hoffman
Role: Bio-terrorist
Affilition: Unknown

Details: Dr. Hoffman is a bio-terrorist who designs his pathogens using viruses with alien origins. He tests his devised agents in the act by
unleashing them on civilian populations in crowded areas. Victims die from extremely acute symptoms minutes after exposure. It is not known who he is working for or where he gets his alien samples from. His research may be helpful in our own toxic weapons program.

But in the end, he is still a bio-terrorist, so alien viruses or not general anti-terror organizations may handle him. X-com may be interested in him for only its own research in that logic, I guess, his research notes about alien tissue etc. Or just pass the dossier to the Council.

BTW where's the pic from?

The pic is from a villain (I found it in Google) in Fringe who shows up in a couple of episodes. I only got his face, the character and the name is not his. Could be changed.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2020, 11:50:28 am »
OK, this is fine!
I'll add it to the material for use when I make some new dossiers.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2020, 02:14:38 pm »
Neat!