aliens

Author Topic: Dossiers wanted!  (Read 85215 times)

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Dossiers wanted!
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2019, 06:13:33 pm »
When I was first playing the mod I suspected that some of the Dossiers would allow me to recruit unique soldiers with the same name and very strange stats. It wouldn't take too much work (basically just design their stats and faces and implement a research for it), though it might break the game.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2019, 10:09:06 am »
It would be nice if the dossier gave access to special items, units, etc. For example, a smuggler's file opened access to a new weapon.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2019, 01:15:40 pm »
It would be nice if the dossier gave access to special items, units, etc. For example, a smuggler's file opened access to a new weapon.

Some dossiers lead to missions (Lo Wo at least) and some do give unique stuff.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2019, 11:30:44 am »
... and they have goddamn Stark as the chief engineer. :)

Staff input: Chief Engineer.
Prerequisites: Any Alien cool gadget after he is recruited and psiclone is researched.

Hello Commander,
I have come to inform you of the lack of respect that my fellow colleagues show to me. Somebody have drawn wolf ears and back swords on all my Ironman posters and written "WINTER IS CUMING" all over them and my personal workbench. This is a gross violation of my personal space and a mockery both to my surname and my favorite fiction character.

And this is not the worst. I have overheard that vile medical officer saying that she had seen me sneak in the lab and take a psiclone. She called me "STARK RAVING MAD" and also claimed that I have repeatedly used the device and that I roam the corridors at night naked and babbling uncontrollably. That has happened only ONCE, for Christ sake, and I was DRUNK. Drunk, not ... What commander? Where did I get alcohol? I ... uh ... I ... uhm ... I don't remember. No, no, no, no, no, you can't break the still, we need it for the ... um ... helicopter, yes, the helicopter. It has this anti-frost mechanism where pure alcohol is sprayed on the blades to prevent icing. I am not making this up, it is in the manual. Thank you for your time commander.

Prerequisites: Researching the flying suit.

With the help of the Chief Researcher I have finished the first prototype of this marvelous technology. Finally we can overcome that silly law of physics called gravity. We will never need to use my catapult or that rocket jump the Rookies are practicing in Hangar 2 again.

I'd like to inform you that the rumors, about me using nothing but scrap and duct tape to do it, are grossly exaggerated. That caresses my ego, but no. That duct tape there is not a structural component, it is only to protect from dust. NO, don't remove it. And we had to make the inliners from the janitor's bucket, but only because the aluminium sheet that we requisitioned from that bitch of an accountant will be here after 3 months. And that light on the chest is vital to the suit's work, we can't just turn it off. Yes, all of them must be red and yellow. No, you cannot put a cape on it. This is a solid serious piece of high-tech equipment not some butaphoric superhero outfit.

Note: I assume that the above described suit is a technology demonstrator so the Chief Engineer has been a bit frivolous with the outlook.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 05:27:44 pm by tarkalak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2019, 06:32:26 pm »
When I was first playing the mod I suspected that some of the Dossiers would allow me to recruit unique soldiers with the same name and very strange stats. It wouldn't take too much work (basically just design their stats and faces and implement a research for it), though it might break the game.

It's not exactly impossible, but a lot of work - basically each special character would have to be its own "race" (unless someone has a better idea). So I'm not crazy about this idea, though it's not fundamentally wrong or anything.

That's more reasonable.
Suggestions welcome.

Some dossiers lead to missions (Lo Wo at least) and some do give unique stuff.

Yeah, there are 3 or 4 such missions now.

Prerequisites: Any Alien cool gadget after he is recruited and psiclone is researched.

Hello Commander,
I have come to inform you of the lack of respect that my fellow colleagues show to me. Somebody have drawn wolf ears and back swords on all my Ironman posters and written "WINTER IS CUMING" all over them and my personal workbench. This is a gross violation of my personal space and a mockery both to my surname and my favorite fiction character.

And this is not the worst. I have overheard that vile medical officer saying that she had seen me sneak in the lab and take a psiclone. She called me "STARK RAVING MAD" and also claimed that I have repeatedly used the device and that I roam the corridors at night naked and babbling uncontrollably. That has happened only ONCE, for Christ sake, and I was DRUNK. Drunk, not ... What commander? Where did I get alcohol? I ... uh ... I ... uhm ... I don't remember. No, no, no, no, no, you can't break the still, we need it for the ... um ... helicopter, yes, the helicopter. It has this anti-frost mechanism where pure alcohol is sprayed on the blades to prevent icing. I am not making this up, it is in the manual. Thank you for your time commander.

That would be totally out of character for the Doctor though... Knowing her, she'd probably join him :)
It's the Accountant who makes people's life miserable because she keeps trying to keep them in check, for the good of the project. (also, she calls them names, because they totally deserve that.)

And that poster vandalism sounds totally like the Intelligence lady!

To sum up: good one, but needs a bit of polish.

Prerequisites: Researching the flying suit.

With the help of the Chief Researcher I have finished the first prototype of this marvelous technology. Finally we can overcome that silly law of physics called gravity. We will never need to use my catapult or that rocket jump the Rookies are practicing in Hangar 2 again.

I'd like to inform you that the rumors, about me using nothing but scrap and duct tape to do it, are grossly exaggerated. That caresses my ego, but no. That duct tape there is not a structural component, it is only to protect from dust. NO, don't remove it. And we had to make the inliners from the janitor's bucket, but only because the aluminum sheet that we requisitioned from that bitch of an accountant will be here after 3 months. And that light on the chest is vital to the suit's work, we can't just turn it off. Yes, all of them must be red and yellow. No, you cannot put a cape on it. This is a solid serious piece of high-tech equipment, not some butaphoric superhero outfit.

Very nice. Except Flying Suit is not the first flying armour. I'd relegate it to the Grav Module (jumpsuit with a gravpack). Anyway, taken!

EDIT: Can I remove the reference to the Chief Researcher? It would complicate the tech tree, and also this guy doesn't like giving credits that much.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:38:03 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2019, 06:26:01 pm »
@Solarius it's not possible to make them all the same race with different starting stats?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2019, 06:41:12 pm »
@Solarius it's not possible to make them all the same race with different starting stats?

No, this sentence is contradictory - if it's the same race, then it means the same stats.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2019, 11:48:10 am »
EDIT: Can I remove the reference to the Chief Researcher? It would complicate the tech tree, and also this guy doesn't like giving credits that much.

Modify them as you see fit.

Hello Commander,

And this is not the worst. I have overheard that vile chief accountant saying that she had seen me sneak in the lab and take a psiclone. She called me "STARK RAVING MAD" and also claimed that I have repeatedly used the device and that I roam the corridors at night naked and babbling uncontrollably. That has happened only ONCE, for Christ sake, and I was DRUNK. Drunk, not ... What commander? Where did I get alcohol? I ... uh ... I ... uhm ... I don't remember. No, no, no, no, no, you can't break the still, we need it for the ... um ... helicopter, yes, the helicopter. It has this anti-frost mechanism where pure alcohol is sprayed on the blades to prevent icing. I am not making this up, it is in the manual.

Thank you for your time commander.

I changed the doctor with the Chief Accountant. What else do you think needs change?

And that poster vandalism sounds totally like the Intelligence lady!

She wouldn't leave any clues to who did that, would she?  ;D
Just some giggling in the distance.

Any flying armor would be fine for the second one.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:43:04 pm by tarkalak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2019, 11:31:45 am »
OK, I like the changes. :) Will keep it for further work.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 19, 2019, 08:53:53 pm »

Pinky & Brain

Role: Lab rats

Affiliation: unknown

Details:
Pinky and Brain were created in a genetic experiment.
With Pinkys impressive intelligence and suspected psionic abilities
and Brains unusual strength they easily escaped the laboratory.
In their ongoing quest for world domination they currently operate
a cloning center for genetically enhanced rats.

Well maybe instead of Interpol an exterminator is notified, as interpol may not take you serious on this one ;)
Have not found a fitting image in vertical format of visibly evil rats yet.

Of course would be fitting to have a "Destroy cloning lab" mission involving rats.
(My idea would be having them escape as research result, but leaving behind something that may lead to improve xcom rats, like custom armor or tritanium teeth or genetic enhancement)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2019, 04:11:38 pm »
XD

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2019, 03:16:10 pm »
Even better, the mission should accept only diquised X-com Rats.

Offline Hashirama015

• Sergeant
  • Omnia Mors Est Infideles
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2019, 08:56:46 pm »
Well if you write it, and it's good, of course I'll add it. That's the point of this thread. :)
hey scorch been a while xD I did some edits now. Is it ok? If not please tell me how I can improve. Oh and btw I'll be doing  those  places/locations and some metal gear stuff later on like you said :D cheers its me phantom btw.
"Dossier: Silent Ghost"
"ROLE: Infiltration/Black Ops
"AFFILIATION: Freelancer"
"Details:
The only surviving subject of the 'Maharlika Project', a brutal and secret super soldier project backed by the far-right New Society Movement located in the Philippines (an enemy of the red dawn or historically the communists? I dunno xD) in 1981. His existing records show him being involved in executing Communists, Black Lotus members,  government officials(Hybrids? or the syndicate whatever sways your boat) and participation in a Biohazard containment. His current whereabouts after the 1988  Procyon city incident (1998 Raccoon City reference procyon is another name or a scientific name for raccoon) are unknown or presumed  dead due to the high casualties during the incident. Although there are rumors that he is currently hunting down the ones who betrayed and the main cause of the downfall of his beloved country."
"STATUS: MIA"
"Notes: The death cannot die. I am willing to apply."

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2019, 12:46:32 am »
Name: Tanya *Red Lotus* Lysbeth

Role: many: Assasin, Secret Agent, Silent Sharpshooter Sniper, "Investigations, - Infiltrations, - Espionage´, - Sabotages, - & Hacking"

Affiliation: Many: Red Labyrinth, Republick of Hackers, Various Military, Police, Security, Secret Services, and Criminal organizations and factions

Details: Asian self-made top detective, and super-agent, hacker, who survives on "anxiety, coffee, and chocolate" according to informants. Often implicated but never corroborated in smart, discrete killings of "bad boys" (..and occasionaly, rare womans too..) which cease after his involvement.

(..but (hard-)reachable for hire..)

https://cnc.gamepedia.com/Black_Lotus
https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Lotus

Google_Images: 

Tanya, 

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNQ-52A41NWSMB6Fryef1kVtQUGOcg:1569360978951&q=tanya+command+and+conquer&tbm=isch&source=hp&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ-52A41NWSMB6Fryef1kVtQUGOcg:1569360978951&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4zLKdterkAhXp8eAKHYMsD90QsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1536&bih=733

Black Lotus, Super Lotus  (Command Conquer Generals ~~Zero Hour)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vF5ZxtpCbi0/hqdefault.jpg

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/square_small/1/18802/827892-generals_black_lotus.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OcMfXjP.jpg

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc/images/2/2f/Generals_Black_Lotus.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100126085848

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNQ-52A41NWSMB6Fryef1kVtQUGOcg:1569360978951&q=tanya+command+and+conquer&tbm=isch&source=hp&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ-52A41NWSMB6Fryef1kVtQUGOcg:1569360978951&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4zLKdterkAhXp8eAKHYMsD90QsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1536&bih=733
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:37:22 am by LytaRyta »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2019, 08:18:55 pm »
hey scorch been a while xD I did some edits now. Is it ok? If not please tell me how I can improve. Oh and btw I'll be doing  those  places/locations and some metal gear stuff later on like you said :D cheers its me phantom btw.

It's definitely too long to fit.
Also, I have no idea why X-Com would care about this guy... :)

Name: Tanya *Red Lotus* Lysbeth

(...)

I'll keep it, will think later.