Author Topic: Melee AI  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Melee AI
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 07:38:37 pm »
With Sneaky AI enabled, you have a very stupid melee AI. Most of the melee enemies don't even approach my agents. It would be cool if ranged units worked with the Sneaky AI parameter, and melee units without it. 

Then don't use sneaky AI? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't made the mod to accommodate sneaky AI. I blocked some options, but not this one, because it's not like I'm going to go overboard with deciding how people play. But if you're going to hold this against me, then I can just disable this option. Happy now?

Offline Xenotrenium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Melee AI
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 03:17:40 pm »
Oh, I've always played with Sneaky AI on actually. I will definitely turn that off from now on, quite curious on how ranged-enemies fare after I turn this off.

I think you should not force disable the option if there is some improvement to keeping it on for certain missions. More freedom is better, even though a natural outcome is misunderstandings like these (which is probably 100% my fault). I turned it on mostly because I like the idea of having aliens and cultists take care NOT to stand in the open, but I'd rather not have that in detriment to the creatures being even MORE suicidal.