Author Topic: Sir Diealot's LP  (Read 12469 times)

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play: XPiratez
Sir Diealot's LP
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:59:49 pm »
Hi,
I'd like to announce my LP.
So far I have it planned and a test episode playing another game.
For the LP proper I wait for two things:
1. Your feedback on the test episode
2. The release of XPiratez 0.99E.2+1

This youtube link should lead you to my videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2xGNYlPVSDhKiEoi_n6ig.
You should also be able to find links to my videos on my website: https://freeshell.de/~murks/pages/Videos.html.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:01:58 pm by CaptainCorkscrew »

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Diealot's LP
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 03:18:49 am »
The first episode of my XPiratez LP is finally online, enjoy the show!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVbXUoK1ADqsJlQln3ywb4EBRh9hop3Js

Episode 2 is already recorded and will likely follow tomorrow. I'll try to get one or two more episodes recorded tomorrow and I will likely release them soon. All that encoding stuff sadly takes a while.

Feedback is very welcome. If you want a gal or have other wishes, please post them on youtube if possible, that way it will be neat and tidy in one place. Contacting me through the email on my website is always an option though..

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:05:23 am »
One suggestion I have is to only talk about UI and mechanics when they are relevant to what you are doing. For example, I don't think it was worth trying to explain the empty Transfers screen. It isn't particularly interesting when nothing is there; and viewers will probably forget what you said about it by the time you actually want to use it.

I guess different people like to see different things in a LP video; but I'd personally prefer when players get into the action quickly, and play essentially how they normally would - explaining things as they come up. If there are some interesting bits of game mechanics or UI, there will be plenty of opportunity to talk about it when it is time to use them.

If you're looking for soldier names, I choose Lydia Bennett. Make her a melee attacker (if you intend to use melee). She's a very forward person, and somewhat reckless. (But don't get her killed! :p )

(I'm posting here because I don't have a youTube account.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:07:59 am by karadoc »

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:27:32 am »
One suggestion I have is to only talk about UI and mechanics when they are relevant to what you are doing. For example, I don't think it was worth trying to explain the empty Transfers screen. It isn't particularly interesting when nothing is there; and viewers will probably forget what you said about it by the time you actually want to use it.

I guess different people like to see different things in a LP video; but I'd personally prefer when players get into the action quickly, and play essentially how they normally would - explaining things as they come up. If there are some interesting bits of game mechanics or UI, there will be plenty of opportunity to talk about it when it is time to use them.

Thanks, I will try. I bought some stuff a little later anyway so I could have shown it then.
Action starts in episode 2 (rather soon for a XPiratez LP).

If you're looking for soldier names, I choose Lydia Bennett. Make her a melee attacker (if you intend to use melee). She's a very forward person, and somewhat reckless. (But don't get her killed! :p )

(I'm posting here because I don't have a youTube account.)
Which of the existing Gals would you like to have renamed? You still can pick any one except VooDoo Swine.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 10:35:17 am »
I don't really mind which one, but it looks like Snide Hammerhead is the best of them; so I guess I'll pick her. (The starting stamina and strength are super low... but those stats grow pretty fast.)

Feel free to let someone else pick her if they want though.

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 10:58:42 am »
She's yours, I'll rename her in Episode 3 today.

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 02:01:31 pm »
Sign me up please.

Name of : John "Dog Rough" Ripper

I don't mind which of your gals you pick for me. Just go raid something with them!

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 02:17:05 pm »
John is not a particularly female name AFAIK. I would prefer female and piraty names.

It's also very long side, but still OK.
Remember that the size is limited by the size of the text field. Because of that I sadly can't give an exact number. You can fit in way more "I"s than "W"s.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 02:52:31 pm »
John is not a particularly female name AFAIK. I would prefer female and piraty names.

Just name her Jane "Bitch Rough" Ripper. :P

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 03:07:29 pm »
Can I sign up as Grogged-Up Brynhild? I'll be a good grog wench, with axe and/or assault SMG as backup.

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 03:11:02 pm »
Just name her Jane "Bitch Rough" Ripper. :P

Good idea. Not sure Lion66six will be happy with that though :)

Can I sign up as Grogged-Up Brynhild? I'll be a good grog wench, with axe and/or assault SMG as backup.

Sure, I'll try to find a gal for you that's strong enough to actually carry the grog.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 03:13:40 pm »
Thanks! I can just carry some extra beer or something until the gal is trained enough for grog

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 03:38:19 pm »
I'd like a role - I'm going to adopt my favorite random name ever - Busty Chablis and I'd love to use 1-handed throwing weapons when available.

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 03:44:29 pm »
Noted, will be done in Episode 3.

I still haven't recorded it because I'm rendering episode 2. I really need to find a better solution for that. Currently with Blender it takes about four times the video length, which is about four times as long as would be acceptable IMHO.

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 09:35:42 pm »
You guys should perhaps come up with new names... just saying...