Author Topic: Bulletdesigner shipyard  (Read 61649 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bulletdesigner shipyard
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2017, 02:59:37 pm »
EDIT: Is there any way to hide these map error warnings? I don't mind playing with the errors, except the warning display is very distracting...

I'll probably implement some automated check soon for all maps, so that modders can check it and don't need reports from players...

Offline Thirsk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2017, 03:55:05 pm »
I'll probably implement some automated check soon for all maps, so that modders can check it and don't need reports from players...

Ahh that would be grand and it would definitely speed up the modding process for everyone, thanks Meridian!

EDIT: There's this other craft I found (Tactical Lightning) but hasn't been updated in over a year with the same problematic node out of map boundaries, so comes up with the map error warning in battlescape...sadly I failed at fixing it.. so in cases like these I really wish there was an option to hide or disable the error warning..

--- posts merged - Solarius Scorch ---

ho i see there is a node outside the boundaries witch i cant see in mapview ! try this time i´ve replaced the rmp by the plane 2 and did the xcom node again
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIZTAzdlhNTkJHbVE

Perfect! All planes are now working, you're a legend!!

But now that my favourite plane 4 is working....I'll have to re-do my technology tree :-\
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:59:33 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2017, 07:15:40 pm »
Bullet Designer, can you explain further how to use your grid.psd? I thought I understood, but it turns out I didn't.
How are you supposed to select parts for one tile? I would understand if one tile equalled one colour, but this is not the case - each side of the box has a different colour.
Why is the grid so fuzzy? I can't use it for measurement. It was clearly not meant for this, but I don't know what else I could do.

Offline Thirsk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2017, 03:57:41 am »
Also no pressure but how is the awesome new plane coming along..can't wait to try it!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2017, 01:28:37 am »
Bullet Designer, can you explain further how to use your grid.psd? I thought I understood, but it turns out I didn't.
How are you supposed to select parts for one tile? I would understand if one tile equalled one colour, but this is not the case - each side of the box has a different colour.
Why is the grid so fuzzy? I can't use it for measurement. It was clearly not meant for this, but I don't know what else I could do.

i made a new file with perfect grid and the 3 levels !
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiITGdwYU5Oc0EyUFk
step by step images for 1 level only

use magic wand for first 3 colors

detach or copy paste

for 2 middle colors

for 2 end color

import to sheet on a square bondoury premade 

use in mcd tool

hope it helps
for 3 levels its a bit more complex but the file was grid in place and blocks also

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2017, 04:09:35 am »
Many thanks! I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Can you elaborate on this step?

detach or copy paste

We've been at it with Dioxine for 2 hours and we have no idea what you did there.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2017, 01:01:23 am »
Well, I managed to do it after more tries, but my method is probably a lot slower :)

Here's some effects (still unfinished), and a spritesheet template I'm using:

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2017, 03:46:51 pm »

Many thanks! I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Can you elaborate on this step?

We've been at it with Dioxine for 2 hours and we have no idea what you did there.

its simple, select with the photoshop magic wand (with no tolerance or 0 so it only select the color) the yellow blue a red part of the block , the with the selection still on you go for the layer of the object(car) and then copy paste  , it will create another layer with that part detached that you can move easily to the side

hope it helps , but by now i guess you already know how to do it

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2017, 03:59:14 pm »

its simple, select with the photoshop magic wand (with no tolerance or 0 so it only select the color) the yellow blue a red part of the block , the with the selection still on you go for the layer of the object(car) and then copy paste  , it will create another layer with that part detached that you can move easily to the side

hope it helps , but by now i guess you already know how to do it

Thanks. The biggest problem is that when I copy and then paste, it doesn't preserve the entire selection, only the parts which contain any pixels; meaning that I don't know how to position it within the grid. I'm making do with placing an additional pixel in a corner to make sure it's positioned right.

BTW do you happen to have a transport helicopter? It's hard to find a good model.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2017, 08:05:32 pm »

maybe that hind will help
i found those from the same pixel art autor , but i would recommend transforming the V22 into a Chinook its the easy way out because the ground its the same you only have to change the 2 and 3 level to ajust the blades to center. i would do that but i´m cought up in remastering the entire ufopedia of 40k

"The biggest problem is that when I copy and then paste, it doesn't preserve the entire selection" that makes me no confusion because it always have sense of the boundaries were it will fit, you can bypass that problem by merging the car layer with a solid color one that way you will never have that problem, but you will have to use the eraser future on to make the boundary of the car again ...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2017, 08:22:03 pm »
Thanks. I'll try my hand with this, or maybe Dioxine will.

Online SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2017, 05:28:49 am »
--- snip! --- Solarius Scorch ---
all correct now ( still 2x2 units wont go down the ramp dunno)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIZTAzdlhNTkJHbVE

Per the above, I like these new craft but did you forget to add ufopedia pages for these or was this not meant to be a proper stand alone mod?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:53:07 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2017, 01:46:43 pm »
Per the above, I like these new craft but did you forget to add ufopedia pages for these or was this not meant to be a proper stand alone mod?

sorry didn´t make it to be standalone mod´s, only resource for other modders, so if anyone want to pick it and use it, its the intended purpose!

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2017, 05:24:51 pm »
Hey bullet!

I tried your V22 but my HWP's can't go out.. they stop just at the entrance of the plane, just before the rift..

And is there a possibility, to make it with more capacity? Can i do it with coding or mapmaking needed? thx..

And i got some ideas about other helos, i send you PM.. thx!

Btw i got the chinook from Xenonauts.. maybe you can make something from it! It would be very nice as a heavy carry capacity helicopter! and another transporter..

Here is the file:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:03:50 pm by drages »

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2017, 03:10:13 am »
Here's a V-22 UFOPedia attempt (see attached).