Author Topic: The_Funktasm's Crap-U-Copia: Alpha on page 3 - 1/1/17  (Read 24743 times)

Offline PineappleKlaxon

• Squaddie
  • accountabilty is king
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The_Funktasm's Crap-U-Copia: Alpha on page 3 - 1/1/17
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2022, 05:43:24 am »
I am not discussing this further. Grandstand all you want to the rest of the community. This thread is only open at the whims of the moderation of the website and has been left up for archival purposes.

Just a reminder that You Are The Company You Keep.
Complaining will change nothing and only further proves the lack of accountability in this community. You can complain paragraphs to everyone but the people at fault and it states volumes about you.
Your comfort among bigots is simply your privilege showing.
Continuing to whine simply pisses me off and makes you unfit for the original arrangement as you are placing your convenience over my decisions and artistic integrity.
If you cannot sign the equivalent of an updated End User License Agreement then maybe you should stick to content you have made entirely by yourself or is connected to ideology you support.
I made art and sprites as a hobby, not to give art to people that disrespect and devalue me. This was all offered with no guarantee it would remain.
To restate: whining changes nothing and serves as only disrespect of the artists you seem to expect to work for free. ; whine more and see what little changes both for you and around you.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 09:13:15 am by PineappleKlaxon »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2022, 06:48:36 am »
I'd made my statement and was going to leave it at that, but then you edited your post to include:

No more of this guilty by association and exclusion. It 'never' ends well, just an endless spiral that leads to everyone hating each other.

As I said, if you post content into the modding resources forum and tell everyone they can use it, then they can use it.

Otherwise everyone creating a project using the resources that have been distributed publicly with the statement of "Feel free to use this for your mod" is under threat of suddenly having their work trashed as the foundation they built on is suddenly ripped away on the whim.

Retroactively removing the already given right to use resources is not some small issue.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2022, 07:58:39 am »
Again you edit your previous post to include more personal attacks.

Complaining will change nothing and only further proves the lack of accountability in this community. You can complain paragraphs to everyone but the people at fault and it states volumes about you.

Its not a complaint it is a statement of fact, you are in the wrong. My issue is with your attempt at the removal of the right to use resources that has already been granted.

Privilege? You know nothing about me.

I am myself, you are yourself. The company either of us keep is irrelative.

"You Are The Company You Keep" is not a standard I want to become common practice here, I do not support exclusion based on association.

Complaining will change nothing and only further proves the lack of accountability in this community.

You want accountability, well I'm right here telling you that your action is wrong.

When you are attempting to remove the right to use publicly posted resources that you explicitly stated were "free to use" you are in the wrong.

It is not something you can withdraw retroactively.

If you don't want it used, don't post it and say "Feel free to use these sprites" in your mod.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2022, 08:52:07 am »
I see you have edited your previous post again.

I am not discussing this further. Grandstand all you want to the rest of the community. This thread is only open at the whims of the moderation of the website and has been left up for archival purposes.

Continuing to whine simply pisses me off and makes you unfit for the original arrangement as you are placing your convenience over my decisions and artistic integrity.
If you cannot sign the equivalent of an updated End User License Agreement then maybe you should stick to content you have made entirely by yourself or is connected to ideology you support.
I made art and sprites as a hobby, not to give art to people that disrespect and devalue me. This was all offered with no guarantee it would remain.

We are not talking about the hosting of the image files on this forum thread, the issue is that the right to use them in OpenXcom mods has already been granted by you.

If you wanted a agreement that you could update and enforce retroactively you should have released the sprites under a licence that allowed for it.

Instead you posted your sprite sets and told anyone who read that post that they were free to use the sprites in their OpenXcom projects, that was the agreement.

This right to use cannot be retroactively removed just because you want it to change. Other people have taken your word that they can use those resources and committed time to building their own projects using them.

The moment you said the sprites were "Free to use" and supplied them to the section of the forum created specifically for displaying resources to be used in other authors projects the convenience of the people using the freely given sprites does override your future decisions.

You posted the sprites with a statement that they could be used by others, you cannot withdraw this original consent and damage other authors work.

Offline PineappleKlaxon

• Squaddie
  • accountabilty is king
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2022, 09:27:29 am »
According to WHOM?
By my "authority" as the original creator of the content you want to use and not pay respect for, I think you just sound like an insolent dipshit that can't accept personal responsibility or lack thereof.
If you had a shred of respect for me or my work you wouldn't talk the kind of shit you do. Get over your immature entitlement to my content and make a replacement. that is the last bit I have to say to you. Grow the fuck up.

In any sense arguing with a content creator about your sense of entitlement to what they make is a major red flag.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 09:49:08 am by PineappleKlaxon »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2022, 09:51:01 am »
Another edit to your previously posted message?

To restate: whining changes nothing and serves as only disrespect of the artists you seem to expect to work for free.

There was never request for payment, you posted your files freely and gave your consent for others to use them in their projects.

The other artists who have taken your word that they can make use of the resources you posted also deserve respect.

You have already granted the right for these resources to be used when you posted them, you may regret it but it is something that you have already done.

whine more and see what little changes both for you and around you.

Your initial agreement cannot change no matter how much you disapprove of it.

The files may be used by those who have incorporated them into their projects, you gave permission for that to happen.

All of that was your choice, respect authors who have also undertaken work using the resources you stated they could use.

According to WHOM?
By my "authority" as the original creator of the content you want to use and not pay respect for, I think you just sound like an insolent dipshit that can't accept personal responsibility or lack thereof.

You used your authority as the original creator to give others the right to use your work.

When you made the decision to release your files publicly and stated that they were "free to use", that actually meant that people could use them.

That was your authority, right there, and you can't go back and revoke it.

The work others have then taken up when building their own projects using those resources is based on your statement that they can actually make use those files.

Just because you have changed your mind does not allow you to invalidate your previous commitment.

Those that wish to use the files have been given the right to do so, by you.

If you had a shred of respect for me or my work you wouldn't talk the kind of shit you do. Get over your immature entitlement to my content and make a replacement. that is the last bit I have to say to you. Grow the fuck up.

You wanted accountability, you are in the wrong.

In any sense arguing with a content creator about your sense of entitlement to what they make is a major red flag.

Those using the files you have uploaded are also content creators.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 09:54:17 am by The Martian »

Offline PineappleKlaxon

• Squaddie
  • accountabilty is king
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2022, 09:57:15 am »
Pop quiz, have you agreed to an updated EULA agreement for software?
If so, shut up.
Agreements and licenses change constantly. You are not entitled to other people's work.
My works were accessible to you upon a whim and so they shall be restricted by a whim.
I have no desire to keep repeating myself to you. Learn or do not. Do not waste my damn time.

All I hear from you is "I want the respect I desire and the content I want without the creator getting in the way."

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:12:55 am by PineappleKlaxon »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2022, 10:36:04 am »
Pop quiz, have you agreed to an updated EULA agreement for software?
If so, shut up.
Agreements and licenses change constantly. You are not entitled to other people's work.
My works were accessible to you upon a whim and so they shall be restricted by a whim.
I have no desire to keep repeating myself to you. Learn or do not. Do not waste my damn time.

The world doesn't work the way you wish it did.

You did not create an agreement that could retroactively change the way you want.

When you give someone permission to do something, they can do it.

Those that have committed time and resources of their own based on your agreement have their own projects that they are building and should also be shown respect.

Even if you personally do not respect them your original statement of "Feel free to use these sprites" actually does mean that the sprites can be used.

All I hear from you is "I want the respect I desire and the content I want without the creator getting in the way."

If this displeases you then next time make sure to license your work in such a way that you control it after you give people permission to use it.

You don't get to cancel other peoples work just because you have had a change of heart.

They are also creators. You as a creator provided a resource for them to build with, that doesn't mean you get to kick the ladder out from under them after you agree to let them start climbing it.

Offline PineappleKlaxon

• Squaddie
  • accountabilty is king
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2022, 10:52:31 am »
The world doesn't work the way you wish it did.

You did not create an agreement that could retroactively change the way you want.

When you give someone permission to do something, they can do it.

Those that have committed time and resources of their own based on your agreement have their own projects that they are building and should also be shown respect.

Even if you personally do not respect them your original statement of "Feel free to use these sprites" actually does mean that the sprites can be used.

If this displeases you then next time make sure to license your work in such a way that you control it after you give people permission to use it.

You don't get to cancel other peoples work just because you have had a change of heart.

They are also creators. You as a creator provided a resource for them to build with, that doesn't mean you get to kick the ladder out from under them after you agree to let them start climbing it.
Fuck off. at best I'll be banned and you still have no rights to use my work. Your self righteousness will gain you nothing.

All you are doing is damaging any rights the xcom community would have and putting yourself front and center as the reason why any extra added restrictions exist.
I hope every idiot that works for you reconsiders their contract with your apparent beliefs exposed.

The only end you are working toward is the moderators removing this thread entirely.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:59:01 am by PineappleKlaxon »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2022, 11:53:46 am »
Fuck off. at best I'll be banned and you still have no rights to use my work. Your self righteousness will gain you nothing.

I do not believe that you will be banned nor do I desire it.

This is just a polite X-Com forum not some strange hive of bigots as you make it out as.

All you are doing is damaging any rights the xcom community would have and putting yourself front and center as the reason why any extra added restrictions exist.
I hope every idiot that works for you reconsiders their contract with your apparent beliefs exposed.

The only end you are working toward is the moderators removing this thread entirely.

As I have been saying. The files exist in the wild and are being used by those who wish to use them as you have already given them the right to do so.

Only the people who are using them can make the decision of if they wish to follow your request to remove or substitute those resources, they are in no way required to do so.

You yourself are the one trying to add restrictions and demanding that others abide by them. In a collaborative community such as this once you post content and say that people can use it, it can be used.

In future you should consider not submitting your art into a sub-forum called "Modding Resources" and telling everyone to use your work if you do not actually want it to be used.

Learn from this and include a licence with any work that you wish to maintain control over. It will in all likelihood lead to less people considering utilizing those resources in their project due to the restrictions you impose but if that is more important to you it may be of greater personal worth.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2022, 06:28:20 pm »
Discussion over. I've confirmed PineappleKlaxon is The_Funktasm via registration info, and he has every right to request his content be deleted from the forums, whatever the motives. I'll delete this thread later once everyone's got the memo.

This isn't court, arguing "legalities" has no merit here. You can either respect his wishes, or not. But this isn't the place to be getting into slapfights over what's right and what's wrong.