Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] "Unload Unused Items" option for craft equipment  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile

There should be a way to unload unused items for craft equipment. I've got all this stuff...

...And this much goes unused. The way I equip my troopers before combat is that I equip EVERYTHiNG on the skyranger, then I distribute it to my troopers, then I take away everything unused one by one. Slowly and painfully. Take away exactly 13 grenades from the skyranger, take away exactly 8 stun rods, take away exactly 4 laser rifles, etc. No unused gear lying inside the Skyranger when the battle starts, but I had to do that manually.

If I try to reduce how much "taking away unused items manually" I do by taking what I think I need, that doesn't work either, because I'm terrible at predicting how much they'll actually need, and usually take too much or too little. If I just take everything on the skyranger and leave all the excess gear on the floor, then I'd get screwed over if I were to play UFO Redux/Area 51 (Because it has missions where your objective is to escape, and all that excess gear is left behind). Currently playing mostly-vanilla XCOM, then I'm trying the Area 51 mod again.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:19:48 am by Taberone »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: "Unload Unused Items" option for craft equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 10:06:26 am »
If I just take everything on the skyranger and leave all the excess gear on the floor, then I'd get screwed over if I were to play UFO Redux/Area 51 (Because it has missions where your objective is to escape, and all that excess gear is left behind).

Really?
That should (maybe?) be fixed then... if you win a mission, I would expect that your stuff is coming with you.

Btw. how does the escape mission even make sense for xcom?
You shouldn't have flown there in the first place if you're just planning to escape, no?

Can someone elaborate on how these missions work?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: "Unload Unused Items" option for craft equipment
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 06:55:38 pm »
In OXCE+, you can now move all remaining items on the craft floor back to base.

Shortcut is CTRL + ALT + X, where X is the hotkey for "clear inventory".

It works:
- in base pre-equipment (with a craft)

It doesn't work:
- during mission briefing
- during battle
- in base pre-equipment (without a craft)