aliens

Author Topic: image editors / graphics programs  (Read 39441 times)

Offline Edwardtoist

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
image editors / graphics programs
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2019, 08:36:50 pm »
I am looking for modern top down or iso style graphics. They are very hard to find.

misterx

Re: image editors / graphics programs
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2020, 11:56:20 am »
I am looking for modern top down or iso style graphics. They are very hard to find.

Maybe should give a try to catch 90's game that use that feature, such ha crusader no remors, syndicate and jagged alliance 2, these assest have been posted on the forum.

As for editors, my experience: i use paint.net as for drawing tool and irfanview to apply palettes: both offer varius plugins, the former even to save files in .psd and .psb photoshot format, the latter provides even a plugin for a limited drawing capacity but is good as resizing images, in fact paint.net handles palette only in .txt files.

Adobe Photoshop C2 was relased for public download but as freeware back in 2013; I've tryed also mtpaint but it lacks of a good tool to resize areas of an image file previously cutted, but it loads the palette along with the image saved but has some compatibility problems with win 10 64 bit versions though it's usable even if it crashes on and off.

Tryed also pinta, it does not support savin .gif savind but has a tool to resize image selected areas and a community repository for add-ins but it's quite scarce of advanced funtionalities and manages palette only in .txt and .gpl files.

If you need a tool to manage palettes give a shot to Cryotec pallete editor, it supports a veriety of formats (ACO (Adobe Photoshop Color Swatch Files), GPL (GIMP Palette Files), PAL (JASC Palette Files), TXT (Paint.Net Palette Files), and PAL (Raw Palette Files). As for such tools and image editors, you should try your luck with online editors - for instance there is pixlr but requires adobe flash to work - but don't know if these gonna work.

Oh and the link in the first post there are a couple of URL with broken links:

mtpaint:
http://mtpaint.sourceforge.net/

GraphicsGale got another address:
https://graphicsgale.com/us/

Pleasu update first post? Thanks :)

misterx

Re: image editors / graphics programs
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2020, 01:31:27 pm »
Roaming the web came across an OMGbutn article on PhotoFlare image editor, it's free opoensource and avaiable aside for win also for Arch and Ubuntu, its homepage is here

The software has also a youtube channel, which features its functions, some senak peak here (refers to theold 1.5 relase):

Anybody cares to give a shot? Thanks