Author Topic: Dunno if it exists already, but snapShots, aimedShots, and meleeShots  (Read 3819 times)

The_Funktasm

Essentially a setting to make snap and aimed shots automatic also. Like for weapons that are always automatic, but it seems suicidal to leave without a short emergency attack. Or for a melee weapon relying on multiple low-damage rolls to attack an enemy like a taser, saw, or anti-armor chisel. Or even for faking a shotgun type attack for those weapons where it doesn't work right if you use shotgun spread, like arcing or explosive shots.

Would anyone else find this useful? Alternatively maybe some stuff for a custom attack choice? Like something we can custom name, set the accuracy and TUs of, and the shot count of?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dunno if it exists already, but snapShots, aimedShots, and meleeShots
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 05:44:52 pm »
Essentially a setting to make snap and aimed shots automatic also.

Would anyone else find this useful?

I don't.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:42:28 pm »
There already is somewhat an option like this in extended - you can set a shotgun-like weapon with 0 spread, so it acts like multiple bullets being fired in short succession in snap and aimed mode.

The_Funktasm

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 07:09:00 pm »
There already is somewhat an option like this in extended - you can set a shotgun-like weapon with 0 spread, so it acts like multiple bullets being fired in short succession in snap and aimed mode.

Hmm.. I've seen this at least in default acting less dynamic, but I figure I need to DL "Piratez" someday to see some of the editing info for it. Extended is great for stuff like non-HE explosion damage, but if it covers handling better shotgun spread that'll help greatly. I dunno if I'm the only one, but I think miniguns are better handled as a mass of weak, shotgun like hits rather than one solid/high damage hit after another. but I dunno. I'm an impulsive modder...

I mean, there is a file included with that mod about the capabilities of the OXCE+ port, right? I'm just lazy I'd guess, but I assume it's there for anyone that looks, unlike my lazy self.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »
Yep, most of it's included in a file called extended.txt; if you can't find the file there, you can check Yankes' or Meridian's GitHub repository.  Some of the features might not be documented there though, you might have to look for examples in the piratez/xcom files rulesets.

XOps actually did his minigun exactly like that - an autoshot x15 with 10 pellets eact shot.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 08:53:51 pm »
Many of my features are not documented there, but if you look in OXCE+ thread, there are links to examples.

I'll be working on documentation in Q1 2017.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Essentially a setting to make snap and aimed shots automatic also.

Just FYI, this has been implemented in OXCE by Yankes.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
I believe you can up the number of shots that a snap or aimed shot does. For example, you could have a machine gun that fires three shots per aimed shot, three shots per snap shot, and ten shots per auto shot.