Author Topic: listOrder for UFO/Missions on New Battle Mode? + Other Issues (Mostly Resolved)  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
Hey peeps, been a while! :)

So before I took a break from modding/playing X-Com back in July, I was having this CTD which occurred upon losing/winning the game, when hitting OK on the "you have failed" report. I thought it was something with my mod, but it's still happening now, on latest nightly (2016-11-15) and without any mods:

This suggests something to do with a mod, but I made triple sure there are no mods installed, just plain old vanilla. Any idea how to fix this?

Next, also testing on vanilla, getting rid of SkyrangerInterceptor/Barracuda somehow increases storage space by 5.1 and 4.7, respectively. So if it exceeds your storage capacity, you can't sell/sack them! WTF is up with this? I honestly do not recall this ever happening before, did I just find out?! At quick glance, I find nothing wrong in the rulesets, so I'm at a loss.

Lastly, not a bug per se, but, how can I change listOrder of UFOs/missions listed under New Battle mode's drop-down menu? Cuz new stuff appears at the very bottom by default. Also, bonus points: how do I fix the ugly _underline_ extending left and right of the final T'leth mission? Looks just bad, baaaaad.

Thanks for the help, as always <3

PS: If Modding/Experiments is a better place for this topic, don't hesitate to move it!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:07:16 pm by Orz »

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: CTD On Losing/Winning Game (TFTD), No Mods, Latest Nightly + Other Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 12:56:17 am »
Let see if i can answer them all ;)

1) The error on win loose is probably due to a damaged original file. My bet would be:

Code: [Select]
UFO/UFOINTRO/UFOINT.FLI    If i'm correct it happens when trying to initialize a new game, thereby loading the cinematic. You could try if it also
    happens when starting up the game without disabling the opening animation (assuming you've turned it off).
2) I assume you mean interceptor not skyranger. What happens here is that the game unloads aircraft armament
   and sell them as well. You can check by first unequiping the craft before selling (and compare the space when
   selling the correct armament and ammo).
3) I believe the order is based on occurence in the ruleset. The first one encountered when loading is on top, last
   one on bottom. I'm not aware of any listorder parameter (but i'm not that initmate with this part of the
   code/modding so perhaps it exist) meaning a lot of deleting originals and redefining them in your desired order.
4) Ugly underline. I'm quite ccertain oyu've found a bug here. The Missiontype for the T'Leth missions consist of 2
   lines (all others are single). This is not rendered correctly. What happens is that the second line is shadowed
   by the next entry. If Mission 1 line 2 contains a word on the same position where Mission 2 line 1 contains a
  space, some residual texts is visible (due to interline distance of -1) .

Hope my answers help (and are clear enough)

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
Re: CTD On Losing/Winning Game (TFTD), No Mods, Latest Nightly + Other Issues
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 07:01:24 pm »
Let see if i can answer them all ;)

1) The error on win loose is probably due to a damaged original file. My bet would be:

Code: [Select]
UFO/UFOINTRO/UFOINT.FLI    If i'm correct it happens when trying to initialize a new game, thereby loading the cinematic. You could try if it also
    happens when starting up the game without disabling the opening animation (assuming you've turned it off).

I believe I've found the "culprit" here:

If I change that to slideshow, there are no more crashes. Which is odd, because (a) I never changed that before, and (b), in fact, I actually don't even remember that option even being there months ago. And furthermore, (c) I do have, supposedly, all required files to play TFTD animated cutscenes (found in ANIMS & FLOP_INT folders).

(I also found it curious that Video Format options are found under Audio. Space constraints, I guess?)

But at least crash is averted now.

2) I assume you mean interceptor not skyranger. What happens here is that the game unloads aircraft armament
   and sell them as well. You can check by first unequiping the craft before selling (and compare the space when
   selling the correct armament and ammo).

Correct, Interceptor. Well, I don't believe this is a new feature, is it? I just must have somehow never realized it in all my playthroughs before! Makes me feel a bit silly :P I only found out just now when trying to sell/sack my 2nd Barracuda and discovering the sell/sack button disappeared (cuz base didn't have enough storage space to unload Barracuda's armament).

3) I believe the order is based on occurence in the ruleset. The first one encountered when loading is on top, last
   one on bottom. I'm not aware of any listorder parameter (but i'm not that initmate with this part of the
   code/modding so perhaps it exist) meaning a lot of deleting originals and redefining them in your desired order.

Order based on occurrence doesn't seems to apply here, and listOrder has no effect either, so I'm still looking for a solution to this.

4) Ugly underline. I'm quite ccertain oyu've found a bug here. The Missiontype for the T'Leth missions consist of 2
   lines (all others are single). This is not rendered correctly. What happens is that the second line is shadowed
   by the next entry. If Mission 1 line 2 contains a word on the same position where Mission 2 line 1 contains a
  space, some residual texts is visible (due to interline distance of -1) .

Hope my answers help (and are clear enough)

Minor aesthetic issue of course, but still hope that gets fixed.

Thanks, R1dO!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:07:25 pm by Orz »