Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] Auto-sell obsolete equipment  (Read 5635 times)

Offline tormodino

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[DONE] [Suggestion] Auto-sell obsolete equipment
« on: September 27, 2016, 06:10:05 pm »
I don't know if this is doable, or already in the game and I haven't seen it, but here goes.

I'd like to be able to obsolete and/or auto-sell equipment. This could perhaps be done through the vault screen, filtered by all bases or on a base by base setting.

After a while, getting rid of certain types of equipment is an automatic action at the end of a mission.
There are a couple of potential issues here, such as items being prerequisites for research and manufacture. This needs to be considered, but I think a feature of this type could help with tidying our vaults.

There is already a system for creating item loadouts and saving them, so perhaps a variant on that system could be used?

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
Re: Feature suggestion: Obsolete/auto-sell equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 08:09:43 pm »
Could be done by recording what items were sold off entirely last time and prepriming the sell-off screen with those items set to sell all. Or, better, what amount of every item was not sold off, and keeping that amount, while marking the rest for sale.

EDIT: don't sell anything unless the after-mission sale screen was shown at least once.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:25:21 am »
I think a much better option would be to allow you to set a max limit for the items you want to keep.  Anything that comes if over that limit gets auto-sold.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 10:18:57 am »
I wouldn't want such a thing to me out of my control as a player.
How about enabling Auto-Sell for specific items? Say, I turn it on it for the Light Pistol and now every time I find one, it is automatically marked for sale in the after-mission-selling menu.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 11:48:48 pm »
That's what I had in mind - I know I'll never need more than, say, 5 ufo power sources on hand or 1 sectoid corpse, etc.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 12:08:41 am »
Implemented this as:

autosell - when you sell all of an item type in the mission debriefing screen, next time this item type will be preset for sale and you will only have to click the deal button in the sell screen.

Seems handy so far. It doesn't sell anything unless you go to the sell screen and press the deal button.

See the playmix thread for the builds

Offline tormodino

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 12:24:12 am »
Neat! Thanks. Looking forward to testing it.

Do you know how complex it would be to implement a more detailed item control?
It is obviously a lot more work, but I'd be happy to try to outline a more detailed suggestion for inventory control if you think it's worth the time invested.
The vaults screen has a pretty good overview. If it's possible to add more functionality here it might be worth looking at.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 12:26:16 am »
Do you know how complex it would be to implement a more detailed item control?

It is already per-item-type. How can it be more detailed?

It is obviously a lot more work, but I'd be happy to try to outline a more detailed suggestion for inventory control if you think it's worth the time invested.

Please do. I'm afraid I don't understand what you want.

Offline tormodino

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 01:14:53 am »
I'll try to be clearer, and also keep in mind I don't really understand the limitations of the engine and what is posible to mod so you'll have to bear with me if I ask for things that are not possible :)

This autosell function already fixes the selling clickfest, so thumbs up for that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 09:23:46 am »
autosell - when you sell all of an item type in the mission debriefing screen, next time this item type will be preset for sale and you will only have to click the deal button in the sell screen.

I like this! It solves the UI problem with autosell.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 07:30:54 pm »
I'll cherry-pick this for next version... but maybe I'll make it optional later... depending on how I (dis)like it during testplay.