aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072140 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1185 on: July 02, 2018, 12:09:26 pm »
Questions on transport:
1. Will the type of fighters in the tactical phase match their image in ufopedia? One model for all fighters is not very good. In pirates there are excellent models.

You mean X-Com planes? But every single one has its own graphics. (The Arrow and MiG might share one, I can't remember, but it would be the only case.)
Modern fighters are similar, it's not my fault. :P

2. Maybe you should take away the possibility of piloting MiG and Arrow. It's not very realistic that they can land on a mission.

Indeed, I just never had the time to look into this. No idea if it's possible, I have to study the feature.

3. Will there be transports for cults that can be intercepted?

There are some already. Adding more is not planned right now.

4. Maybe you should return a restriction on the number of things transported in  ;)?

Eh, it is so arbitrary that I don't like it. If we could use weight instead of item count, I would be more interested.

missing lines

Thanks, I'll check.

"Vintorez" (STR_VSS)  is classified as concealable weapon. Are you sure? It's a sniper rifle.

Yes, it is specifically designed for concealment. I don't know exactly how they did it, but like Otto said, it can be collapsed into a relatively small briefcase.
I am not aware of another sniper rifle with this feature, though I'm sure they exist.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 02, 2018, 02:47:56 pm »

Indeed, I just never had the time to look into this. No idea if it's possible, I have to study the feature.

It seems possible to allow pilots, but to prohibit transportation to participate in the mission:  allowLanding: false # this craft cannot land (and go on missions).

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 02, 2018, 05:03:19 pm »
Yes, it is specifically designed for concealment. I don't know exactly how they did it, but like Otto said, it can be collapsed into a relatively small briefcase.
I am not aware of another sniper rifle with this feature, though I'm sure they exist.
Don't wanna be a smart-ass, but a quick googling indeed turned up other rifles, like the Remington Defense CSR (CSR = concealable sniper rifle) fpr example. Going by the pictures that one would totally fit in a briefcase when it's taken apart.

BTW, do you have any plans of simplifying the unlock-process for guns and pistols as others have suggested? Doing them in batches via one research topic would be a lot less hassle than waiting one day for every pistol, SMG or blunt object XCOM recovers.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 02, 2018, 08:04:54 pm »
Don't wanna be a smart-ass, but a quick googling indeed turned up other rifles, like the Remington Defense CSR (CSR = concealable sniper rifle) fpr example. Going by the pictures that one would totally fit in a briefcase when it's taken apart.

You're not a smartass or anything :) But for now, VSS is the only concealable rifle.

BTW, do you have any plans of simplifying the unlock-process for guns and pistols as others have suggested? Doing them in batches via one research topic would be a lot less hassle than waiting one day for every pistol, SMG or blunt object XCOM recovers.

For now I think it's more fun to do it separately. I'd gladly do away with the "Acquisition" topics, but sadly it's not possible at the moment.

Offline Lohland

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 02, 2018, 08:46:59 pm »
It's impossible to investigate Fusion Defense

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 02, 2018, 09:29:38 pm »
Oh man, you're right...

To fix, open research_XCOMFILES.rul and find this block:

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_FUSION_DEFENSE
    requiresBaseFunc: [ADVLAB]
    cost: 800
    dependencies:
      - STR_FUSION_BOMB
    listOrder: 7160

Change STR_FUSION_BOMB to STR_FUSION_BALL and it'll work.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 04, 2018, 11:27:13 pm »
Researching UAC cannon acquisition unlocks cannon article in Ufopaedia, but doesn't show it.

When a minotaur dies of falls unconscious, his body becomes invisible under the macro flamer. Usually bodies are visible above weapons.

Live minotaurs don't appear in the list of items to sell after the battle. Dead minotaurs and live soldiers do appear in this list.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:34:13 am by tkzv »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 05, 2018, 02:30:41 pm »
Researching UAC cannon acquisition unlocks cannon article in Ufopaedia, but doesn't show it.

It's normal for articles with a different name than the research. I will check if it can be done more elegantly.

When a minotaur dies of falls unconscious, his body becomes invisible under the macro flamer. Usually bodies are visible above weapons.

Usually bodies are heavier than the weapon. Here.. I have doubts.

Live minotaurs don't appear in the list of items to sell after the battle. Dead minotaurs and live soldiers do appear in this list.

That's weird. Are you sure?

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 06, 2018, 12:17:55 am »
That's weird. Are you sure?
Yes. Enable debugging (debug: true in options.cfg), load the game attached to the previous post, press Ctrl-D and Ctrl-J, wait for Celine Dion's music to work and check trophies. There are 22 prisoners, but only 20 Syndicate humans are present. The Sell/Sack filter doesn't have "Beasts" category.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 06, 2018, 08:51:53 pm »
Yes. Enable debugging (debug: true in options.cfg), load the game attached to the previous post, press Ctrl-D and Ctrl-J, wait for Celine Dion's music to work and check trophies.

XD
But could be worse than Celine Dion - like Simply Red...

There are 22 prisoners, but only 20 Syndicate humans are present. The Sell/Sack filter doesn't have "Beasts" category.

You are right, but I have no idea why it happens!
I even changed minotaurs to chupacabras... They recovered normally and were available for selling.
I'd seriously appreciate some help here.

I assume these minotaurs can be sold later, yes?

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 06, 2018, 11:49:26 pm »
I even changed minotaurs to chupacabras... They recovered normally and were available for selling.
I can't load the test.
But is it normal that the "liveAlien: true" line is missing in items_XCOMFILES.rul in "- type: STR_MINOTAUR_TERRORIST" !

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 07, 2018, 12:35:40 am »

I assume these minotaurs can be sold later, yes?
Yes. They can be sold or researched.

I had an idea that maybe they can only be sold because something else is present. No, removing everything else still leaves them available in the base Sell/Sack list.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 07, 2018, 02:51:54 am »
But is it normal that the "liveAlien: true" line is missing in items_XCOMFILES.rul in "- type: STR_MINOTAUR_TERRORIST" !

Yes, this could be it! It's probably related to the robot revolution from the last update.

Offline heavy disruptor beam

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 08, 2018, 12:38:05 am »
ok, I"m a bafoon, this is working just fine on OSX, and it's great! spiritual successor to Laser Squad

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 08, 2018, 12:06:25 pm »
Yes, this could be it! It's probably related to the robot revolution from the last update.
Added this line. Now it works correctly. Thanks.