Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1099237 times)

Offline Dakkon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1155 on: June 15, 2018, 11:15:02 pm »
Haven't checked the save, but have you researched one of the qualifying items?

Hmm, I don't think I have; that might be my problem (I thought you merely had to have possession of one of those prerequisites, not necessarily research one of them).

I'm going to follow a line of research through one of those items and see if that resolves my issue. I'll report back here if it does or does not.

EDIT: Okay, I tried to follow the line of research for the Alien Communicator, but it required a standard laboratory, which I don't have, so I couldn't do that one. I tried the Staff of Dagon line of research and was successfully able to follow that through to the recruitment of the chief engineer. Kind of a funky way to get to it, but I'm no longer stuck which is good. I can finally purchase smoke grenades.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:30:07 pm by Dakkon »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 16, 2018, 06:34:55 am »
Yeah frankly its not the clearest to a new player, Files is on purpose vague, but perhaps too vague at times. I would feel like a bumbling idiot without the tech tree viewer and and advice from the discord server.

But as far as i know the engine is not capable of fulfilling a tech by mere item possession. You can make 0 time cost techs but the player still has to start them as projects.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 16, 2018, 12:19:57 pm »
I hope the translator does a good job!
I don't know if it's because of my French game or if everyone has the same thing!
A little "cosmetic" bug in Ufopaedia !

In the article about the Osprey look down right. There are the characteristics of the plane.
The last line is cut by half!
If you have the same thing, here is a small "cosmetic" fix..:
- in ufopaedia_XCOMFILES.rul file search  "- id: STR_OSPREY"
- change  to have :
  - id: STR_OSPREY
    rect_stats:
      x: 208
      y: 135
      width: 160
      height: 65

Translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1158 on: June 16, 2018, 12:51:27 pm »
I think it would be better with:
    requires:
      - STR_LOBSTERMAN_FERAL_CORPSE

:-[

Oh shit, you're right. Fixing.

A little "cosmetic" bug in Ufopaedia !

In the article about the Osprey look down right. There are the characteristics of the plane.
The last line is cut by half!

Also correct. Thank you, fixing this one too.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 17, 2018, 02:53:35 pm »
Just noticed: the swimsuit doesn't have right leg, quick draw or belt slots, but the inventory window still has those words. See the attached "swimwear.png".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 17, 2018, 06:45:10 pm »
Just noticed: the swimsuit doesn't have right leg, quick draw or belt slots, but the inventory window still has those words. See the attached "swimwear.png".

There is no way to disable it, but I don't think it's a problem anyway.

Also, turns out the Medical Drone production is bugged and crashes the game. :/ Please wait until the next update or hack it into the save.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 17, 2018, 09:08:59 pm »
Also, turns out the Medical Drone production is bugged and crashes the game. :/ Please wait until the next update or hack it into the save.

Well drat, that's a shame. Does that mean that starting the production crashes the game? Or trying to use them in some way? They work fine in the random battle generator.

Also, random question: Does the smoke generated from the extinguisher work to conceal vision like smoke from other sources (ie: smoke grenades)? Could you theoretically stop an unit from being on fire with a smoke grenade as well?
Just to know.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 17, 2018, 09:36:29 pm »
Well drat, that's a shame. Does that mean that starting the production crashes the game? Or trying to use them in some way? They work fine in the random battle generator.

When the project is complete the game crashes, as there is a discrepancy between the name of the item and the manufacturing project.

Also, random question: Does the smoke generated from the extinguisher work to conceal vision like smoke from other sources (ie: smoke grenades)? Could you theoretically stop an unit from being on fire with a smoke grenade as well?
Just to know.

The pepper spray should work normally... Honestly I can't remember. Why don't you try it? :D

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 18, 2018, 12:23:51 am »
The way the game engine works a tile that has a fire in it that is subjected to a full density smoke effect will put out the fire. Not all tiles from a grenade will be full density so you need to be towards the center of the aoe.

Beyond grenades and the extinguisher i do not for sure know any other items work. Field test at your own risk.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 18, 2018, 05:10:02 am »
Missing string. After "ghosts in the asylum" mission I got a message "STR_ALIEN_DIES_NO_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT_FACILITY_3".

Questioning Black Lotus Witch gave me an UFOpaedia article "Stay Alone, Stay Alive". Last time I played, it was available right from the start. Bug?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:28:58 am by tkzv »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 22, 2018, 12:39:53 am »
Thanks for v0.92b
But the medical drone still doesn't appear in a ship's cargo.

Little question: Is it normal that there is no line of this drone in the "units_XCOMFILES.rul" file?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 22, 2018, 01:55:16 am »
Thanks for v0.92b
But the medical drone still doesn't appear in a ship's cargo.

Little question: Is it normal that there is no line of this drone in the "units_XCOMFILES.rul" file?

Like I told you on the other thread, it's not a unit, it's an "armor" worn by the AI Unit soldier type, like transferring the AI to a different chassis.  Put it on a scout drone like you would armor on an agent.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 22, 2018, 10:34:14 am »
Like I told you on the other thread, it's not a unit, it's an "armor" worn by the AI Unit soldier type, like transferring the AI to a different chassis.  Put it on a scout drone like you would armor on an agent.
My apologies! I didn't understand!  :-[
I don't understand English (it's an alien language for me) and sometimes the online translation is... incomprehensible!

Everything's working! That's awesome! Thank you very much !  :)  :)  :)

Offline heavy disruptor beam

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 23, 2018, 12:57:19 am »
I am on Mac, electric club only has action to throw. Xcom extender apps no functioning?

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 25, 2018, 05:09:47 am »
I know I've made the complaint before with the assault rifle black ops variety, but I'd like to suggest a change.

Raise accuracy of AIMED SHOT to 95, and lower effective AIMED SHOT range to 25 tiles. This way its still accurate to an extent, but has fall offs for more extreme ranges that the blackops rifle obviously excels at.