Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071841 times)

niculinux

Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #840 on: November 23, 2017, 09:23:00 am »
I didn't suggest nerfing it. I said that the current situation fits the theme better :)
 What do you mean? Too many guns? I think this mod is way past this point :)

Anyway, here's a double-weight double-capacity triple-price Glock clip, if anybody's interested. This is something I dreamed of during a monster hunt that turned out to be the first zombie mission. 2 rookies against ~20 zombies, and only 10 clips. I spent the first 15 turns shooting from the exit grid ready to retreat any second. Once again proving there can't be too much ammo.

hey, thanks! Please Solarius, will integrate that in 0.7.7?  :P

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #841 on: November 23, 2017, 08:18:41 pm »
Hmmm, make a bigger bigob (2x1) which looks nice, and it's taken. :)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 23, 2017, 09:31:37 pm »
What do you mean? Make the picture of a gun clip twice longer? Twice wider?

By the way, I forgot to make Ufopaedia entry, fixed that.

niculinux

« Reply #843 on: November 23, 2017, 09:37:51 pm »

Maybe longer i 'd dare to say, since it is a pistol and has a vertical slot dor the magazine?  :-\

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 24, 2017, 12:03:34 am »
What do you mean? Make the picture of a gun clip twice longer? Twice wider?

Twice longer. So two grids vertically, one grid horizontally.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 24, 2017, 12:23:30 pm »
Twice longer. So two grids vertically, one grid horizontally.
A clip taking 2 cells on a grid would defeat its purpose. I don't like this kind of nerfing.

P.S. I think the big clip can still fit the single grid cell. Barely.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:03:38 pm by tkzv »

niculinux

« Reply #846 on: November 25, 2017, 04:06:17 pm »
Hello there! In the 0.7.6  there are some incongruences with the handobs in the battlescape:

1) the pump action shotgun sprite in the battlescape seems a big fish just caught from the ocean;
2) the stubnose pistol has the gass pistol handob (also the kludge has it);
2) taser one is switched with a shotgun;
4) the huning rifle displays some aline weapon.
5) same as 4) for the ak 47

See sceenshots (exept for the ak 47) nothing too serious, it's really a shame i did not pay attention before  :-[

In the end, experienced a crsh while assaultin a churg of dagon outpost, sorry i have no save for that only some strings of openxcom.log.  The crash happens attacking an outpost in the very north western Irland. It happened during battlescape, and then once going on the mission as soon i hit ok from the preequiping hase just before going into battle. see save attached

Code: [Select]
[25-11-2017_16-59-32] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Invlid surface set 'HANDOB.PCK' for item 'STR_STEN': not enough frames
[25-11-2017_16-59-48] [FATAL] OpenXcom has crashed: Invlid surface set 'HANDOB.PCK' for item 'STR_STEN': not enough frames
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.[

And another one, this time happened during a red dawn activity site, no save this time

Code: [Select]
[25-11-2017_17-39-12] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Invlid surface set 'HANDOB.PCK' for item 'STR_PIPE': not enough frames
[25-11-2017_17-39-26] [FATAL] OpenXcom has crashed: Invlid surface set 'HANDOB.PCK' for item 'STR_PIPE': not enough frames

Proble seem to be related to the sten and the iron pipe,  a chack to the mentione items may be worth. :) prpably some  sprite or a  missin string  in a ruleset

Edit: there is sme kin of trash blockin the way in a cult activity mission, see here. It happens in two buildings at the same time in the same mission, prbably a ma problem . recovered a saved game :D Also in battlescape, riding an EXALT safehous, the makarov handob (i think?)  seems to be a rocket laucher. Another sae file is attached (costruendo intellience center) another crash before going in a EXALT outpost activity in south america, this time related to the new weapon m3 grease gun. This 0.7.6 relase it's really unlucky. :(

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:46:21 pm by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 25, 2017, 09:56:15 pm »
A clip taking 2 cells on a grid would defeat its purpose. I don't like this kind of nerfing.

This would kill the balance, sorry. You have to believe me, I've been through this so many times.
Thanks for the clip! Should be good.

Hello there! In the 0.7.6  there are some incongruences with the handobs in the battlescape:

What you are describing is seriously broken shit. I can imagine this wouldn't have gone unnoticed... Unless someone can confirm?
Anyway, sounds like an installation problem. Have you tampered with the metadata file maybe?

niculinux

« Reply #848 on: November 25, 2017, 10:01:28 pm »
This would kill the balance, sorry. You have to believe me, I've been through this so many times.
Thanks for the clip! Should be good.

What you are describing is seriously broken shit. I can imagine this wouldn't have gone unnoticed... Unless someone can confirm?
Anyway, sounds like an installation problem. Have you tampered with the metadata file maybe?
Nope...maybe will try do download and install both game and mod, pheraphs in that way may be all right
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:25:19 pm by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 26, 2017, 02:02:30 am »
Edit 2: Downloaded and installed all again, also using the .rul attached in the post above, and everything seems to work fine so there is a "false positive" .)

Glad to hear that. No debugging needed :)

niculinux

« Reply #850 on: November 26, 2017, 02:19:35 am »
Glad to hear that. No debugging needed :)

But please may you check the trash in front a broken wall? Seens a map "error", thanks :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 26, 2017, 12:22:07 pm »
But please may you check the trash in front a broken wall? Seens a map "error", thanks :)

Thanks, fixed ;)

niculinux

« Reply #852 on: November 26, 2017, 12:52:09 pm »
Thanks, fixed ;)

Don't mention it! Still in the 0.7.6 in the cult outposst mission my vehicle keeps 90% times spawning literally in the cultist belly, so as soon i end the 1st turn i got almost instantly bagged out  :'( something may be done about? :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 26, 2017, 04:06:41 pm »
Don't mention it! Still in the 0.7.6 in the cult outposst mission my vehicle keeps 90% times spawning literally in the cultist belly, so as soon i end the 1st turn i got almost instantly bagged out  :'( something may be done about? :)

Sure, don't stick around if you spawn in a bad spot, abort mission and try again later.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 02, 2017, 08:16:50 pm »
A tree grows up right in front of the door of RD safehouse. It keeps 4 gangers inside :)

Going back to an old conversation:
     Pneumatic single-shot spearguns have muzzle energy on par with 9 mm pistols, but seem to be allowed in most countries of the world. The only thing banned is using them with an aqualung — that's considered poaching in most countries (but allowed in the USA :) )
Ah, that thing. Yeah, I guess it would be allowed if it existed in the mod. But designing it would probably be a tough one. :)
Why tough? It's just a crossbow with longer reloading time, "underwater" property and different sprites. Not much work, just pointless, in my opinion.
One-handed shotgun. :) I imagine it would have an abysmal range, yes? Almost taser level?
Several — maybe 10 — metres underwater, several times more in air. More like a shotgun than a taser.
And how do you propose we do this?
I've noticed undercover missions have special sections that describe replacing agents' armour. Can weapons be similarly replaced for underwater missions? If yes, there can be two versions of each underwater-capable gun, e.g. STR_APS_AIR and STR_APS_WATER. Their name strings are identical. The air version is the one that appears in the stores. When an underwater mission starts, STR_APS_AIR becomes STR_APS_WATER, and after the mission it changes back. Perhaps there should be 2 separate Ufopaedia pages with air and water characteristics.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:19:13 pm by tkzv »