Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072290 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #825 on: November 19, 2017, 11:45:35 am »
Solarius, what are the relationships between X-COM's enemies? Church of Dagon works with Aquatoids, Cyberweb does odd jobs for Syndicate through the mediation of Osiron, but what about the rest? The territories of the 4 starting cults partially overlap. Do they fight? Had they made some agreements?

This is a bit offtopic, but okay. :) Most of these organizations are neutral to one another, some are sort of rivals (but not necessarily mortal enemies). Osiron will work with anyone who brings cash. At a higher level things are more tense, for example M.A.G.M.A. is at war with the Syndicate. But the most important thing is that bigger organizations tend to control smaller organizations, just like
Spoiler:
EXALT
is being controlled by
Spoiler:
Hybrids
. This leads to the creation of "chains of command", sometimes with several levels of control and secrecy.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 19, 2017, 05:06:26 pm »
This is a bit offtopic, but okay. :) Most of these organizations are neutral to one another, some are sort of rivals (but not necessarily mortal enemies). Osiron will work with anyone who brings cash. At a higher level things are more tense, for example M.A.G.M.A. is at war with the Syndicate. But the most important thing is that bigger organizations tend to control smaller organizations [...] This leads to the creation of "chains of command", sometimes with several levels of control and secrecy.
Thanks. I did notice chains of command :) , but I was interested if there are potential rivalries for X-COM to exploit. Or clean up after :) Lack of direct clashes is boring, but makes life easier :)

Spoiler:
EXALT is being controlled by Hybrids.
I got the impression their leader was a rogue, who was on his own :) And sold out his brothers after getting caught.

niculinux

« Reply #827 on: November 19, 2017, 06:36:00 pm »
Small report: in 0.7.5b ive completed the black lotus opertions research project; the report reads from now on we won't bother Black Lotus outposts, but right after that a cult outpost misison spawned, and it is a lack lotus one, see save attached :)

Edit: o sometimes in the cut outpost misison player pawns really clse to the building, but i suppose it is a ma problem then...so doesn't mind :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:40:56 pm by niculinux »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 19, 2017, 07:06:07 pm »
Small report: in 0.7.5b ive completed the black lotus opertions research project; the report reads from now on we won't bother Black Lotus outposts, but right after that a cult outpost misison spawned, and it is a lack lotus one, see save attached :)

Edit: o sometimes in the cut outpost misison player pawns really clse to the building, but i suppose it is a ma problem then...so doesn't mind :)

The researches that stop missions from happening only start taking effect the month after they researched, so the Black Lotus Outpost you saw was already slated to spawn before you completed the research.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 20, 2017, 10:20:20 pm »
A tiny bugreport for the small update :).

The string STR_M3_GREASEGUN_BUY is missing.

niculinux

« Reply #830 on: November 21, 2017, 05:30:03 pm »

Oh, hope will be fixed in 0.7.7. Sidenote: may from the next version and on be the beretta92fs be the very starting pistol instead of glock 18? It is mich more known and used over the glock. Over  :D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:56 pm »
Oh, hope will be fixed in 0.7.7.

Sure :)

Sidenote: may from the next version and on be the beretta92fs be the very starting pistol instead of glock 18? It is mich more known and used over the glock. Over  :D

It depends. I've definitely known the Glock before I've known Beretta.

niculinux

« Reply #832 on: November 21, 2017, 07:02:46 pm »
Nothingh to add then :D only objetvely considering it is very estensively used by police forces and military; mostly USA but also much more common than the glock, not to mention that  it is the preferred weapon if john woo!

Besudes, a potential new descruption in the ufopedia, bevause, you know, i'm a maniac:

A very famous italian semiautomatic pistol officially adopted by bothe the US and italian armies and police forces, very light and accurate but not very powerful.

Hey, how about to add a couple of the weapons to expand the blackops arsenal, the firts two from the left blackops grenade laumcher and blackops assault rifle made by NeoWorm? See
here  :P

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:28:52 pm by niculinux »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 21, 2017, 09:43:41 pm »
Checked internet... Beretta seems to be far more popular. Everybody seems to have tried Glock 18 and refused to switch to it. Which kind of fits the theme of a third-rate agency that gets the equipment nobody else wants.

I noticed an interesting fact. Glock 18 can use clips with 17, 19, 31, 33 or 100 cartridges (100 is two disks with an adaptor, definitely not concealable :) ). Does the engine allow to use multiple kinds of clips with a single weapon?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 21, 2017, 09:48:42 pm »
I noticed an interesting fact. Glock 18 can use clips with 17, 19, 31, 33 or 100 cartridges (100 is two disks with an adaptor, definitely not concealable :) ). Does the engine allow to use multiple kinds of clips with a single weapon?

Yes, see examples of heavy cannon, autocannon, and rocket launcher all having 3 types of ammo.  You could certainly have an increased mag size clip for the glock if you wanted.

niculinux

« Reply #835 on: November 21, 2017, 10:29:32 pm »

Very interesting! It may appear in the game once you complete the proper research/unlock contract to make it buyable..

I suppose that means it won't be buyable after research? Any info to fix this manually in 0.7.6?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:03:28 pm by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 22, 2017, 08:53:06 pm »
Checked internet... Beretta seems to be far more popular. Everybody seems to have tried Glock 18 and refused to switch to it. Which kind of fits the theme of a third-rate agency that gets the equipment nobody else wants.

To be honest, I don't really care either way. But the Glock 18 is arguably a better weapon than Beretta in X-Com Files (more damage per turn) - wouldn't you mind nerfing the starting equipment even further?

Sure, no problem. But no way in hell I'm doing such things, or this mod would become unplayable to anyone who isn't a gun freak.

I suppose that means it won't be buyable after research? Any info to fix this manually in 0.7.6?

Of course it'll be buyable, the only thing missing is the string.
Okay, attaching a fix here.

niculinux

« Reply #837 on: November 22, 2017, 09:09:29 pm »
To be honest, I don't really care either way. But the Glock 18 is arguably a better weapon than Beretta in X-Com Files (more damage per turn) - wouldn't you mind nerfing the starting equipment even further?

No need to nerf anything, only replace betetta with glock as starting equipment

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 22, 2017, 09:35:28 pm »
No need to nerf anything, only replace betetta with glock as starting equipment

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 23, 2017, 12:11:44 am »
I didn't suggest nerfing it. I said that the current situation fits the theme better :)

this mod would become unplayable to anyone who isn't a gun freak.
What do you mean? Too many guns? I think this mod is way past this point :)

Anyway, here's a double-weight double-capacity triple-price Glock clip, if anybody's interested. This is something I dreamed of during a monster hunt that turned out to be the first zombie mission. 2 rookies against ~20 zombies, and only 10 clips. I spent the first 15 turns shooting from the exit grid ready to retreat any second. Once again proving there can't be too much ammo.

Update: Fixed Ufopaedia page.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:27:52 pm by tkzv »