Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1073028 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #750 on: October 07, 2017, 04:47:53 am »
Here's the commit on my branch, based directly on top of Meridian's main branch.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 08, 2017, 11:17:17 pm »
A very small bug report: the STR_SEEKER_DRONE string is missing in the latest version of the mod.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #752 on: October 08, 2017, 11:52:02 pm »
A very small bug report: the STR_SEEKER_DRONE string is missing in the latest version of the mod.

Thanks! This never ends... :P

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 09, 2017, 10:11:21 am »
Article for ghouls text is too long for the page, cuts off. Vampire knights appear WAAAY earlier than tomb gaurdians, yet reference them (through to be honest, it seemed like hunting rifles / mp5s did squat against them..).

I know theres the need to know basis thing, but referencing something in the zombie arc way before you get that deep seems a little strange.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 09, 2017, 10:56:29 am »
I ran into an inconsistency with plot progression.  In my game I progressed with the Syndicate faster than with zombies, so I did the research that discovered the origin of the implant virus before the research that told me there was a virus to investigate.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 09, 2017, 11:24:18 am »
Article for ghouls text is too long for the page, cuts off. Vampire knights appear WAAAY earlier than tomb gaurdians, yet reference them (through to be honest, it seemed like hunting rifles / mp5s did squat against them..).

I know theres the need to know basis thing, but referencing something in the zombie arc way before you get that deep seems a little strange.

Good point. This was an unforeseen side effect of adding Zombies to special monster attacks. These attacks contain a Leader, which some monster races have (like spiders). For Zombies, this position is occupied by the Vampire Knight, meaning he snuck into the campaign earlier than expected.

Having said that, I don't think it's a bad thing. I just need to keep a tighter control over descriptions. This detail has escaped me.

I ran into an inconsistency with plot progression.  In my game I progressed with the Syndicate faster than with zombies, so I did the research that discovered the origin of the implant virus before the research that told me there was a virus to investigate.

Okay, this was a serious blunder.  :) I'll have a look ASAP.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:38:40 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 10, 2017, 08:44:02 am »
A sabre have electric hit animation.
Also, this mod becomes greater and greater.. :)

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 11, 2017, 04:37:25 am »
I found some rooms in the Syndicate regional office that have no entrances.  The selected unit should be in one I broke into, with a second one next door.  There was also a second set I later encountered further up.

edit:  Are the chainsawbots supposed to take Alien Containment space and be unresearchable?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:52:11 am by LuigiWhatif »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45:49 pm »
I found some rooms in the Syndicate regional office that have no entrances.  The selected unit should be in one I broke into, with a second one next door.  There was also a second set I later encountered further up.

Haha, indeed! It looked fine in the editor at a glance, but in fact it was not. Fixed!

edit:  Are the chainsawbots supposed to take Alien Containment space and be unresearchable?

No, they shouldn't take up containment space. Neither should other M.A.G.M.A. robots. Fixed.

However, they are indeed unresearchable. There is no need to research them, since they essentially belong to your allies, but there's just no way to ensure that they won't be recovered. Maybe I'll add a little research after all...

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 12, 2017, 12:03:51 am »
Just noticed. At the very beginning interrogating followers of EXALT, Black Lotus, Red Dawn and Church of Dagon gives the Ufopaedia article about the corresponding organization, but it does not appear.

Update: To reproduce, load the savegame and wait — you will see an article about Red Dawn ganger and a random piece of information, but no article about Red Dawn itself.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:07:54 pm by tkzv »

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 12, 2017, 02:21:09 am »
What do you mean it doesn't appear?  If you mean it didn't pop up automatically after research finished, then that is normal.  The article should still have appeared in your Earth Lore section.  If it isn't there then that sounds like a bug.  You should post a save file.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 12, 2017, 06:05:06 am »
Something seems wrong with the black lotus warrior : they just stand around, and don't charge. I was able to walk up on 1 with two tazers with no issue at all, until I triggered throwing knife overwatch range. Did you possibly give them an energy of zero??

Also, warriors really could use a samarai armor instead of a black full body suit : it would distinguish them from ninjas, and would excuse giving them much needed armor / health (warriors are kinda weak considering they have melee only, and I've never viewed them as a serious threat like I have chosen of dagon with magnums, or exalt goons with mac10s.)

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 12, 2017, 09:32:35 am »
I remember reading somewhere the AI has issues with limited range weapons.  It sees that throwing knives are ranged so it tries to snipe with them, but since they can't they just waste their turn.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 12, 2017, 12:04:10 pm »
What do you mean it doesn't appear?  If you mean it didn't pop up automatically after research finished, then that is normal.  The article should still have appeared in your Earth Lore section.  If it isn't there then that sounds like a bug.  You should post a save file.
It only appears in Ufopaedia. A similar problem with zrbite earlier was deemed a bug and fixed.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 12, 2017, 12:12:51 pm »
Something seems wrong with the black lotus warrior : they just stand around, and don't charge. I was able to walk up on 1 with two tazers with no issue at all, until I triggered throwing knife overwatch range. Did you possibly give them an energy of zero??

Also, warriors really could use a samarai armor instead of a black full body suit : it would distinguish them from ninjas, and would excuse giving them much needed armor / health (warriors are kinda weak considering they have melee only, and I've never viewed them as a serious threat like I have chosen of dagon with magnums, or exalt goons with mac10s.)

I got the impression warriors and assassins are ambushing you this way, with lots of TUs to out-react you and throw many knives :) It works fine for assassins, but warriors aren't good enough at hiding and don't realize it.