aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1104940 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #720 on: October 01, 2017, 09:16:10 pm »
I appreciate your help, but I think you're making a huge thing out of nothing. I'm not going to scrap content because someone had some impression or other, or I wouldn't have anything left in the mod.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 02, 2017, 12:45:04 am »
I think the issue Mumble is talking about is that a HUGE amount of the wealthy elite in the US and at least some of the other American nations are white males, and Exalt is supposed to be heavily made up of the wealthy elite of those countries.

Though, I don't have a problem with that image, that same wealthy elite is in no hurry to fight and risk death, that's what the help is for, they would set up their propaganda based on who they're trying to recruit and where they are, and it shouldn't be too hard to have contradictory themes in their propaganda.  These guys are manipulative, after all.

In general, a mixed couple as heroes is useful, I think, especially if they're as good as Exalt says they are.

US awareness of racism and political correctness is irritating and I think counter-productive at times.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 02, 2017, 05:59:23 am »
Thats an interesting way to look at it, doing such things to recruit black men to bring in cheap foot soldiers : the only problem is that there are no other black males visible, so it sticks out greatly

If the only black man in your group is the poster boy, that sends a very odd message.

I wasn't even trying to say it was racism, or should be racism, but its just incredibly odd as a coincidence, that the only one is also  the poster boy.... But hey, maybe it might even be a pawn used to make them look better?...

I guess that head cannon makes sense : a bit of propaganda for OUTSIDE exalt, but dismissed as token BS to insiders... almost like exalt virtue signalling to gain favor

Oh well, even if thats bs, that head cannon makes everything make more sense.  ::)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 02, 2017, 12:07:33 pm »
Can you guys please stop dragging sjw-related stuff into this? As far as i can tell this MOD has very loose ties with reality as it is. I could point out a load of issues i have with how stuff is portrayed in-game, mostly related to technology (e.g. Gauss and Rail weapons should be switched, Avalanche doesn't have a nuclear warhead etc.), but i've never seen race or sex as an issue here. The council of funding nations and X-COM seem to follow very loose ethics anyway, with civilians being mostly expendable and being ok with experimentation and indefinite detention of sentient beings and captured humans.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:12:54 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 02, 2017, 10:52:55 pm »
A very quick bug report:

"Skorpion SMG", "Skorpion SMG Clip" - no diacritics

and possesses a strong self-consciousness, Commanding large numbers of subjects and personally powerful,

The comma should be replaced by the point.

STR_SEEKER_DRONE, STR_SEEKER_DRONE_AUTOPSY - no Ufopedia marker. As a result, the body of the articles is shown in their titles.

Missing strings:

STR_SEEKER_DRONE_CORPSE
STR_M14_BUY
STR_BIOLOGICAL_WARFARE_PREQ
STR_ZOMBIE_SERVITOR_CORPSE

Edit: the game crashes on opening the Vampire Queen article with the error "Sprite UFOPEDIA_IMG_VAMPIRE_QUEEN_CPAL not found".
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:29:17 pm by Kammerer »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 02, 2017, 11:01:06 pm »
Where to report problems with Jukebox? Here or to "OpenXcom Forum » Modding » Released Mods » OpenXCom Extended+" ?

1. When a mission has a custom track (e.g. spiders in a city), pressing "End" displays only the default track. If I switch to it, it's impossible to switch back to the custom track.
2. When I load a quicksave Battlescape game (pressing F9 or from the file list), the same track continues playing, be it the starting menu theme, Geoscape or a different Battlescape track. Games saved via the menu switch music correctly (unless they were saved after loading a quicksave and messing with tracks).

Mod version 0.7.1, engine Git version 54978fba1.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 02, 2017, 11:04:38 pm »
1. feature, not a bug
2. probably same as in vanilla?

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 02, 2017, 11:52:26 pm »
2. probably same as in vanilla?
Latest vanilla git refuses to build. 1.0.0 switches tracks correctly.

1. feature, not a bug
What is the purpose of Jukebox if it only displays 1 track?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 03, 2017, 12:28:25 am »
Latest vanilla git refuses to build. 1.0.0 switches tracks correctly.

I'll have a look.

What is the purpose of Jukebox if it only displays 1 track?

It displays all battlescape tracks (GMTAC*) in battlescape

e.g.
GMTACTIC for xcom1
GMTACWET and GMTACDRY for xcom2
GMTACTIC, GMTACTIC2, GMTACTIC3, GMTACTIC4 in piratez

and all geoscape tracks (GMGEO*) in geoscape

e.g.
GMGEO1, GMGEO2 in xcom1
GMGEO1, GMGEO2, GMGEO3, GMGEO4, GMGEO5, GMGEO6 in xcom2
etc.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 04, 2017, 01:00:34 am »
Can you guys please stop dragging sjw-related stuff into this?

Question: how is attempting to make a faction MORE racist SJW?  It's not really needed, but the pattern is sort of there.  It's perfectly fine with no other changes, but if Solar intended the group to be racist, it could be changed to that easily.

Offline firsttefl1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 04, 2017, 01:00:30 pm »
Can you check the last download? It includes some savefiles, and those seem to use some more external mods rather than just "vanilla" XCF.

niculinux

« Reply #731 on: October 04, 2017, 03:26:27 pm »
Some reports after a crash experienced in 0.7.1. doin a mission called "enviromental alert" (but on the geoscape these arelabelled as "strange life forms")

Code: [Select]
[04-10-2017_13-56-28] [WARN] STR_ALIEN_RESEARCH_EARLY not found in en-GB
[04-10-2017_13-58-57] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
[04-10-2017_13-58-58] [FATAL] OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.

and the tokarev pisto handob may need some resizing, since it seems big as a SMG

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 04, 2017, 03:52:53 pm »
Save or didn't happen.

niculinux

« Reply #733 on: October 04, 2017, 04:35:46 pm »
Save or didn't happen.

i overwrote it  :o but the attached one should be. Oh, there i'm facing an EXALT cult apprehension, but enemies seems to have spawn all inside that black area, see shot attached

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 04, 2017, 11:44:38 pm »
The building in the storm seizure mission has bugged stairs.  They seem to have floor over them, preventing you from going back down.  I only noticed after I got to the top, and had to shoot out a wall to escape.