Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1073055 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #570 on: July 16, 2017, 11:53:34 am »
Thanks Kammerer. I've fixed everything except Chryssalid inventory, which is just how the screen works. (Unless I move Chryssalid to the side or something, but I'm not convinced yet.)

It seems the standard shotgun is objectively better than the blackops shotgun, for some reason

Yes, it is written in the Pedia. It is less accurate, but faster and overall (IMO) more useful, unless your agents are total chumps.

Celatoid, and chysalid have their bio / autopsy info jumbled (list order : chrisalid, celatoid, chrisalid autopsy, celatoid autopsy)

Hmm, the order is:
STR_CHRYSSALID: 16338
STR_CHRYSSALID_AUTOPSY: 16339
STR_SILACOID: 16340
STR_SILACOID_AUTOPSY: 16341
STR_CELATID: 16342
STR_CELATID_AUTOPSY: 16343

Or is something wrong?

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 16, 2017, 01:35:45 pm »
Another segfault. Savefile and log are attached. To reproduce, load the savefile and press "1 day" — the game crashes between 8th and 9th of July.

Update: For "5 Sec" speed the crash happens at 23:29:55 8 Jul 1998.

Same for the latest binary from lxnt.wtf (Extended+-3.8c-363e3f8-2017-07-11-xenial-x86_64-debug.7z) and compiled from git (commit 327e1ace90ffcf3a4a4cbe2fdea03ac7909519cf). Mod version 0.6.6.

Other bugs I mentioned above stopped reproducing. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:52:39 pm by tkzv »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 16, 2017, 01:57:45 pm »
Another segfault. Savefile and log are attached. To reproduce, load the savefile and press "1 day" — the game crashes between 8th and 9th of July.

@solarius
No alien deployment can be chosen for "STR_MONSTER_VS_POLICE_TEMPERATE", siteType is empty so no luck there, and there is also no texture to pick a random deployment from.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 16, 2017, 02:10:40 pm »
@solarius
No alien deployment can be chosen for "STR_MONSTER_VS_POLICE_TEMPERATE", siteType is empty so no luck there, and there is also no texture to pick a random deployment from.

Thanks. I understand the texture part, since id -91 was indeed missing from globe... But what about siteType? I don't use this flag at all in any missions.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 16, 2017, 03:15:03 pm »
Meridian, Solarius, is there any simple way to fix this and continue playing? Or how far do I have to backtrack?

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 16, 2017, 05:00:24 pm »
Crap, didn't notice the bit with the blackops : I shouldn't bug test when sleepy

The ufopedia issues I mentioned appear when I scroll through stuff when entering a "random battle" at the start menu (as this unlocks all ufopedia for the round) and for whatever reason, the ones mentioned are jumbled.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 16, 2017, 05:40:08 pm »
Meridian, Solarius, is there any simple way to fix this and continue playing? Or how far do I have to backtrack?

The easiest fix is to remove that mission from your save, see attached picture for what to remove.
(you can also copy it somewhere to a backup and then when it's fixed paste it back into your save so that you don't lose it... if you're too perfectionist)

Or wait for Solar to release a fix.

Thanks. I understand the texture part, since id -91 was indeed missing from globe... But what about siteType? I don't use this flag at all in any missions.

You need one or another, not both... I was just going through the code, looking what might have failed... if you're not using siteType (e.g. https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4363.msg59814.html#msg59814), then it's the terrain.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 16, 2017, 05:59:29 pm »
OK, I get it now: the globe section had some errors. Attaching a hotfix. Thanks!

(Also attaching another hotfix, for borked Savanna Marsh terrain.)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 16, 2017, 10:41:21 pm »
Radar circles are not drawn for some bases. Is it a bug, or does this signify something?

The new bases, that only have the long range radar, do display the circle. The two oldest bases don't. One has the radar, X-Com HQ and intelligence centre and has "Long Range Detection = 3" in the base information, the other has the radar and only the intelligence centre and "Long Range Detection = 2".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 17, 2017, 11:11:54 am »
The game only draws the longest range. Since the HQ has global reach, no circle is drawn.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 17, 2017, 12:04:20 pm »
The game only draws the longest range. Since the HQ has global reach, no circle is drawn.
Is there any need for the radar then? Or should I build multiple HQs instead?

Unrelated bug: Geoscape becomes very slow and processor consumption rises high when multiple craft chase an UFO at a speed above "5 Sec". To reproduce, load the attached "Slow chase.sav" and press "30 Min" — in a few seconds the game will effectively freeze and 1 processor core would be at 100%.
Git version (commit 327e1ace90ffcf3a4a4cbe2fdea03ac7909519cf), Gentoo Linux AMD64.

Or should I report it at OXCE+ forum?

Answer: the "Predict UFO trajectory" option is at fault.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:29:32 pm by tkzv »

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 17, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »
Running on artic grass (up in greenland and such, white ground, with grass) seems to use no TU's for moving on.

While obviously a glitch, this could make for a very cool map effect.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 17, 2017, 02:08:16 pm »
Running on artic grass (up in greenland and such, white ground, with grass) seems to use no TU's for moving on.

While obviously a glitch, this could make for a very cool map effect.

It also makes the game freeze when AI goes between two tiles without spending TUs in endless loop. Not cool...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 17, 2017, 06:26:19 pm »
Is there any need for the radar then? Or should I build multiple HQs instead?

Yes, because the HQ has very poor detection. It is literally a team of people on the phones, processing reports of UFO sightings.

Unrelated bug: Geoscape becomes very slow and processor consumption rises high when multiple craft chase an UFO at a speed above "5 Sec". To reproduce, load the attached "Slow chase.sav" and press "30 Min" — in a few seconds the game will effectively freeze and 1 processor core would be at 100%.
Git version (commit 327e1ace90ffcf3a4a4cbe2fdea03ac7909519cf), Gentoo Linux AMD64.

Or should I report it at OXCE+ forum?

Answer: the "Predict UFO trajectory" option is at fault.

This would be best directed to the vanilla developers, as it's a vanilla feature.

As for the arctic grass, I'm currently redoing marsh/polar terrains, so some glitches are unavoidable. Thanks!

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 18, 2017, 01:19:49 am »
I noticed the hazmat suit is weaker than a business suit in terms of armor : All the hazmat stuff I've ever seen is AT LEAST as durable as a leather coat, possibly more so, about 10 on the armor scale.  If its big enough to stop fire and other stuff, I figure the sheer bulk would at least soften blows of bats, knives, and other elements. It would still be a dubious choice over kevlar, since kevlar is more bullet RESISTANT, but it would make it less an awful choice if it wasn't paper fragile too.

Also, I still think juggernaut armor should be fire proof : if it can withstand straight up explosives I think it would also be impervious to fire.

And with kevlar, wouldn't it make sense to have a 20 armor rating on the back, as well as front? I don't think kevlar covers all angles of course, but I'm pretty sure it has a back plate as well. Or if not 20, maybe 15 to simulate it being a weakpoint.

EDIT : save of a random battle crashes when you shoot the monster I'm looking at.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:09:25 am by mumble »