Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1099709 times)

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2016, 09:35:41 pm »
I found another bug. A crash when selling a cute doggy. I have the same mods as I did in my last post including x-files
"aliens pick up weapons" "gun melee" and "statstrings".

In the save, you just go and sell the dog named Rolf

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2016, 09:46:12 pm »
Looks like doggy's armor is missing a storeItem, and thus storage space definition.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2016, 10:05:32 pm »
It's part of the animation they make when they die. The brutal disembowelment animation

Yeah, it looks like it's doing a back flip. I'll see what the problem is.

EDIT:

Found it, sort of. Apparently, it works better with default routine than the one that's supposed to work with this sprite. Weird.

Looks like doggy's armor is missing a storeItem, and thus storage space definition.

I don't really understand what I should do... Ad an item for an unarmoured dog? There's no item for an unarmoured human...

EDIT:

OK, I think what's missing is this (in the armors.rul):

Code: [Select]
    storeItem: STR_NONE

Am I right?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:10:20 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2016, 10:18:44 pm »
I don't really understand what I should do... Ad an item for an unarmoured dog? There's no item for an unarmoured human...

Code: [Select]
# dogs
  - type: STR_DOGE_ARMOR
    spriteSheet: DOGE.PCK
    spriteInv: MAN_100
    customArmorPreviewIndex: 21
    corpseBattle:
      - STR_DOGE_CORPSE
# x-com
  - type: STR_NONE_UC
    spriteSheet: XCOM_15.PCK
    spriteInv: MAN_15
    customArmorPreviewIndex: 1
    storeItem: STR_NONE # <----------------------------- storeItem for unarmored human (STR_NONE is hardcoded and handled as size/space = 0)
    corpseBattle:
      - STR_CORPSE_BUSINESS_SUIT
  - type: STR_LEATHER_COAT_UC
    spriteSheet: XCOM_16.PCK
    spriteInv: MAN_16
    customArmorPreviewIndex: 2
    storeItem: STR_LEATHER_COAT # <------------------ another example of store item...
    corpseBattle:
      - STR_CORPSE_LEATHER_COAT

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2016, 10:24:02 pm »
I found another bug. The "Durathread Factory Location is missing the ufopedia description.

Also, from what I can see you guys are working real hard on this mod. I post a bug and 20 minutes later you guys are already fixing it. Haha, amazing. Thank you.

Oh and another thing. Are abducted farmers supposed to be "sold" for -10,000 dollars or is that also a bug?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:27:26 pm by D3LTA WAV3 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2016, 10:48:27 pm »
OK, thanks Meridian.

I found another bug. The "Durathread Factory Location is missing the ufopedia description.

Yes, that's fixed already. (I really need to make a new release soon.)

Oh and another thing. Are abducted farmers supposed to be "sold" for -10,000 dollars or is that also a bug?

Yes, a bug... Should be +10000.

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2016, 01:27:40 am »
I think I might have found another bug or a "bad taste". Shooting through fences is a pain in the ass and sometimes there isn't even a line of fire through them if you're pointing at it diagonally(One time I couldn't even see someone through the fence but that may not actually be the fence. I think you should decrease the chances of hitting a fence and stopping the no line of fire problem if it's possible. I assume the line of fire problem is caused by the multiple fences in the way of one bullet and acting as a wall but there should still be a line of fire if you ask me(but a larger chance to hit the fence, of course).

Also when using a flare gun the "no line of fire" says "Can't make that arc, cap'n". I assume that's from XPirates.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2016, 01:41:12 am »
The line of fire issues with the fences are part of OXC, not just this mod, best way to deal with them is to go around or force fire through them to destroy them.  Fixing the chances of hitting a fence isn't really in the cards here.

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2016, 01:51:39 am »
Okay, I've seen this bug in other mods. Thanks for the information.
I've just noticed half of my bug reports have already been reported.

The jumpsuit outfit versions' boots are inconsistent with the the battlescape sprites(and so are the small camo for camo ones details but those don't matter as much). This is a vanilla bug so I don't know think
this is worth mentioning but I did it anyway. It looks like my soldiers are wearing children's pajamas.

In Cult Apprehension missions, have you thought of adding civilians into the maps(but finding a way to make the cultists passive towards them)?
Also, what about placing public/car(van) starting points on roads when possible? That sounds like it'd hard to implement though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 02:06:24 am by D3LTA WAV3 »

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2016, 01:59:24 am »
The line of fire issues with the fences are part of OXC, not just this mod, best way to deal with them is to go around or force fire through them to destroy them.  Fixing the chances of hitting a fence isn't really in the cards here.

Yes, but how do we make armor out of fences?   ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2016, 02:05:15 am »
In Cult Apprehension missions, have you thought of adding civilians into the maps(but finding a way to make the cultists passive towards them)?

Not possible, and frankly rather superfluous.

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2016, 03:01:04 am »
Sorry for the very frequent posts. I found another bug(?) with the jump suits. I set all my jumpsuits to the default tanish grey version but when a mission is started they all show up as camo versions which is annoying. I don't know if it's a bug because I only noticed it twice on two different missions which were both forested maps and the camo matched the background so I don't know if it switches the jumpsuit color based on the mission or if it's an actual bug.
EDIT: On polar missions the suit is the default. I think this is a poor design choice if it's not a bug.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:06:16 am by D3LTA WAV3 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2016, 04:33:07 am »
Sorry for the very frequent posts. I found another bug(?) with the jump suits. I set all my jumpsuits to the default tanish grey version but when a mission is started they all show up as camo versions which is annoying. I don't know if it's a bug because I only noticed it twice on two different missions which were both forested maps and the camo matched the background so I don't know if it switches the jumpsuit color based on the mission or if it's an actual bug.
EDIT: On polar missions the suit is the default. I think this is a poor design choice if it's not a bug.

It's a bug, you shouldn't be able to select the colours.

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2016, 04:54:22 am »
Okay, really hope you fix that one, I love the jump suits. I found a very small bug. with the jump suits again. There's a green out line on one of the camo suits in the inventory screen while the other soldier in the roster who is wearing the same outfit has no green out line.

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2016, 05:29:29 am »
The black ops sniper rifle looks screwed up if you ask me.