Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072814 times)

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2016, 03:00:13 am »
I finished researching plasma defenses but couldn't build it and didn't get the entry.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2016, 03:27:24 am »
I finished researching plasma defenses but couldn't build it and didn't get the entry.

Sorry, fixing right now.

Offline doctoxic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2016, 01:20:13 pm »
very new to mod so not sure if these are even bugs

1) The GYM - i can't find a way to use it, maybe put something in the UFOPEDIA?

2) In one mission i had the little squares pop up when you see an enemy, however when i clicked on it it centered on my own man - can't remember now but it may have been the wounded guys

3) I assume its WAD that you can't build labs and workshops at the start, however i can't see any research that gets them or even leads to them

anyway, great work and lovin it so far

cheers

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2016, 01:31:13 pm »
very new to mod so not sure if these are even bugs

Welcome, Comrade!

1) The GYM - i can't find a way to use it, maybe put something in the UFOPEDIA?

Well, it depends if you have the "Psi Training at any time" enabled, but generally you send people to train exactly like with the Psi training... Either from the Soldiers menu, or by right-clicking on the building. I can expand the description, just please tell me what exactly you'd like to see.

2) In one mission i had the little squares pop up when you see an enemy, however when i clicked on it it centered on my own man - can't remember now but it may have been the wounded guys

Blue are for your wounded, yes. Meridian's work, very useful. :)

3) I assume its WAD that you can't build labs and workshops at the start, however i can't see any research that gets them or even leads to them

Yes?

anyway, great work and lovin it so far

cheers

Thank you, good luck ,and don't forget to update when the new version is available! (hopefully very soon)

Offline doctoxic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2016, 02:38:19 pm »

Well, it depends if you have the "Psi Training at any time" enabled, but generally you send people to train exactly like with the Psi training... Either from the Soldiers menu, or by right-clicking on the building. I can expand the description, just please tell me what exactly you'd like to see.

thanks - i hadn't, but enabling it fixed everything

perhaps in the UFOPEDIA you could just add a comment that training is offered only once a month and specifiy whether soldiers on training are still available for missions

Blue are for your wounded, yes. Meridian's work, very useful.
got it - i think i better have a closer look at that mod to see what else i am missing

Yes?

sorry, but can you clarify when labs are available - i quickly ran all the available research without doing any missions and still no option to build labs/workshop - i don't have a problem with this if its intended but was just afraid i was missing something obvious about labs and ruining my game

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2016, 05:35:03 pm »
thanks - i hadn't, but enabling it fixed everything

Good!

perhaps in the UFOPEDIA you could just add a comment that training is offered only once a month and specifiy whether soldiers on training are still available for missions

I can do that, yeah... But it'd be hard when I don't know which option the player uses.

got it - i think i better have a closer look at that mod to see what else i am missing

Yeah, I've added some articles to document it, but it's not nearly enough.

sorry, but can you clarify when labs are available - i quickly ran all the available research without doing any missions and still no option to build labs/workshop - i don't have a problem with this if its intended but was just afraid i was missing something obvious about labs and ruining my game

I could, but what's next? How to Get Plasma Weapons Early Guide? :) You can use the Tech Tree Viewer (middle-click on any research topic) when in doubt whether something works correctly, but I don't recommend it for normal game, as I consider it spoilers. It's up to you though.

Offline doctoxic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2016, 01:29:48 pm »

I could, but what's next? How to Get Plasma Weapons Early Guide? :) You can use the Tech Tree Viewer (middle-click on any research topic) when in doubt whether something works correctly, but I don't recommend it for normal game, as I consider it spoilers. It's up to you though.
no problem - as long as its not something silly i have missed

on a separate note i had my first crash today - logfile attached.  It was after i had done all the initial cult research stuff and got my first cult mission with about 8 bad guys and maybe some sort of "cult leader" (as there was one guy all in green and one in green and white whereas all the rest were in white)

some feedback/observations

1) i now have a second base with an HQ so have 10 scientists and getting through all research very quick

2) reason for second base is money seems easy to get, have had no problems (so far at least)

3) i haven't managed to complete any of the strange creature missions with multiple enemies e.g. spiders/skorpions etc) as it looks like there are too many - though things like the yeti and wolf were ok

4) training seems to increase stats very quickly

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2016, 06:05:50 pm »
Screen after finishing Durathread Factory Location

Edit: MiB Agent Corpses reasearch doesnt do much - no UFOpedia entry.
Surrendin enemies gives STR_ENEMY_SURRENDER entry at sfter mission summary score screen.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:20:07 pm by Ragshak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2016, 11:43:58 pm »
on a separate note i had my first crash today - logfile attached.  It was after i had done all the initial cult research stuff and got my first cult mission with about 8 bad guys and maybe some sort of "cult leader" (as there was one guy all in green and one in green and white whereas all the rest were in white)

Can you please post a save? I can't see enough from the log.

2) reason for second base is money seems easy to get, have had no problems (so far at least)

Yes, I'm still trying to balance this. And any changes will only work in a new campaign anyway.

3) i haven't managed to complete any of the strange creature missions with multiple enemies e.g. spiders/skorpions etc) as it looks like there are too many - though things like the yeti and wolf were ok

Don't worry and keep trying. Different enemies pose bigger problems for different players.

4) training seems to increase stats very quickly

Kind of, but only to a certain moment - then you must go on missions to increase them further.

Screen after finishing Durathread Factory Location

Thanks, this was reported before and fixed. Next update!

Edit: MiB Agent Corpses reasearch doesnt do much - no UFOpedia entry.

I guess I'll have to recheck this part... It's very old.

Surrendin enemies gives STR_ENEMY_SURRENDER entry at sfter mission summary score screen.

Thanks! Who was it that surrendered? I can't get anyone to surrender.:P

Offline doctoxic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2016, 11:30:38 am »
Can you please post a save? I can't see enough from the log.

here you are

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »
Yeah, there's a segmentation fault. I have no idea why it happens, I checked many scenarios, but there's zero information on what the culprit is. It doesn't look like missing resources, but it almost certainly is linked to an enemy action. They have no grenades, so it's not a node problem.
For debugging purposes, I managed to create a save where the crash always happens in the enemy turn. Help would be appreciated...

Sorry, but lately I've become less and less able to deal with errors due to exatly nil information from the game. That's probably because I make fewer mistakes like missing graphics, so the most errors are actually related to deeper issues, and I am not a coder... Not sure what I could do, but I can't ask Meridian every time to do what should be my job.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:06:33 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2016, 11:24:19 pm »
They have no grenades, so it's not a node problem.
For debugging purposes, I managed to create a save where the crash always happens in the enemy turn. Help would be appreciated...

It is indeed a node issue, z = -1.

... and I am not a coder... Not sure what I could do, but I can't ask Meridian every time to do what should be my job.

Of course you can.

EDIT: The 3.5+ catches the error already: New Battle > Tundra Desert terrain:

Code: [Select]
[05-12-2016_22-35-21] [INFO] Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/DESERT13.RMP Node #0 is outside map boundaries at X:6 Y:1 Z:1. Culling Node.
[05-12-2016_22-35-21] [INFO] Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/DESERT13.RMP Node #1 is outside map boundaries at X:8 Y:5 Z:1. Culling Node.
[05-12-2016_22-35-21] [INFO] Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/DESERT13.RMP Node #2 is outside map boundaries at X:6 Y:8 Z:1. Culling Node.
[05-12-2016_22-35-21] [INFO] Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/DESERT13.RMP Node #3 is outside map boundaries at X:3 Y:7 Z:1. Culling Node.
[05-12-2016_22-35-21] [INFO] Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/DESERT13.RMP Node #4 is outside map boundaries at X:1 Y:3 Z:1. Culling Node.
[05-12-2016_22-35-22] [WARN] STR_MAP_GEN_ERROR not found in en-US
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:39:23 pm by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2016, 12:54:05 am »
Meridian, you da man! :)

By the way, do I need to activate these warnings somehow? I got nothing, and I'm using the newest version of OXCE+. (Also, it still crashed for me.)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2016, 09:50:38 am »
Meridian, you da man! :)

By the way, do I need to activate these warnings somehow? I got nothing, and I'm using the newest version of OXCE+. (Also, it still crashed for me.)

The map was generated in 3.3+ so it will still crash.
Only if the map was generated in 3.5+ it would be OK.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2016, 06:52:48 pm »
The map was generated in 3.3+ so it will still crash.
Only if the map was generated in 3.5+ it would be OK.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

EDIT:

It is indeed a node issue, z = -1.

I checked the offending map, and I don't understand what the problem is... The block's height is only 1, the nodes are there on level 0 (the only level), I don't think I've ever changed map height... What could be wrong?