aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072220 times)

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2016, 04:38:03 pm »
I can also see CAFE from the beginning.
And I was asking about UFOwiki entry because had no idea what it does.

Next one: UFOWiki entry about dogs says that they have 80TU. In fact after buying them they have around 60 and varies from dog to dog.

I wonder about Public transport speed - it seems to be very slow, even for a plane.

EDIT: Is it ok that SELLING abducted farmer corpse COST me 10k? It would be easier to burn them.

Solarius: Jest gdzieś polski odpowiednik tego forum?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:41:22 pm by Ragshak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2016, 04:57:18 pm »
I can also see CAFE from the beginning.
And I was asking about UFOwiki entry because had no idea what it does.

Okay, I don't, but I don't doubt you do... I think it is fixed now. Just ignore it at the moment, okay?

Next one: UFOWiki entry about dogs says that they have 80TU. In fact after buying them they have around 60 and varies from dog to dog.

Yeah, I'll fix it too... Thanks.

I wonder about Public transport speed - it seems to be very slow, even for a plane.

It's not just the plane speed, it's more like: get in the car, leave your base in the middle of nowhere, drive up to the airport, get through all the traffic somehow, find a damn parking spot, wait for an hour in the hall, board the plane, wait another hour until the plane is finally actually ready, take the trip, get to the customs, sped ten hours in detention because some idiot forgot to declare your guns, collect your rented car, get to the hotel, get yourself reeeaaally drunk because it was a stressful day, wake up late with a hangover, get to the car, drive to the crime site in the middle of nowhere, get to actual work. Repeat on your way back.

EDIT: Is it ok that SELLING abducted farmer corpse COST me 10k? It would be easier to burn them.

Well, you were supposed to save them! Now use your money to cover up the ugly truth that you failed them! Boo! Boo! :)

Solarius: Jest gdzieś polski odpowiednik tego forum?

Polskie forum OpenXCom? Nie mam pojęcia :)

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2016, 03:57:36 am »
Regarding the farmers, I'm pretty sure it costs 10k to get rid of a live one too.  Shouldn't that cost less?

Also update on that Mib base bug.  I don't know if you tried, but I waited a day and it worked.  Maybe it's another map generation problem?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 04:01:20 am »
Regarding the farmers, I'm pretty sure it costs 10k to get rid of a live one too.  Shouldn't that cost less?

OK, I'll have a look.

Also update on that Mib base bug.  I don't know if you tried, but I waited a day and it worked.  Maybe it's another map generation problem?

Thanks. I suppose one terrain doesn't like the base for some reason.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2016, 10:53:25 am »
I can see it in my Purchase screen.  Is it not supposed to be there?
I comment this in other post in my case if i open the aircraft rules is the 1st aircaraft

Enviado desde mi ECOO E04 3GB mediante Tapatalk

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 05:37:48 pm »
More missing strings:
hybrid farm alert - mission name
uso arrived - mission name
stormlance missile - name of ammo
flame glove use - name of project (and no ufopedia entry)
dagon staff use - name of project (and no ufopedia entry)

Also, hovertank laser/gauss  ufopedia provided when research ufo construction, not proper techs.

P.S. Because i am again lying in hospital, and there is nothing to do, tomorrow will post zombie ufopedia sprites. I hope so.  ::)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 06:44:40 pm »
More missing strings:
hybrid farm alert - mission name
uso arrived - mission name
stormlance missile - name of ammo
flame glove use - name of project (and no ufopedia entry)
dagon staff use - name of project (and no ufopedia entry)

Also, hovertank laser/gauss  ufopedia provided when research ufo construction, not proper techs.

Thanks, found and fixed most of these. This is some invaluable input!

P.S. Because i am again lying in hospital, and there is nothing to do, tomorrow will post zombie ufopedia sprites. I hope so.  ::)

Yeah, many thanks. Good luck with this stuff... Are you taking requests maybe? :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 06:56:03 pm »
Yeah, of course. Just dont expect wondrous quality.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2016, 05:02:55 am »
I can choose to equip the underwater variant of stormtrooper armor.  I assume it's the same issue as the alt-jumpsuits.  The underwater variant also gets past the armor check at the EXALT HQ.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2016, 12:14:07 pm »
Thanks, it looks I screwed up this part. I fixed it now, we'll see if I did it right...

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2016, 12:28:05 am »
In my new run I cant get missions with EXALT. Needt o catch one to do EXALT Network reaserch. It is random which faction will show on the map?

Got Stragne Monsters missions with... Reapers. The problemis that UFOpedia entry says that this unit is connected with Floaters. Invasion didnt start yet so Reapers should be removed from those missions or UFOpeia entry should be tweaked a little bit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2016, 12:32:38 am »
In my new run I cant get missions with EXALT. Needt o catch one to do EXALT Network reaserch. It is random which faction will show on the map?

They should spawn... Sometimes they take a break and disappear for a month or two, so it's probably this. If this continues for several months, please tell me, but it seems fine at the moment.

Got Stragne Monsters missions with... Reapers. The problemis that UFOpedia entry says that this unit is connected with Floaters. Invasion didnt start yet so Reapers should be removed from those missions or UFOpeia entry should be tweaked a little bit.

Damn! I forgot to edit this. Thanks.

(Also I should make wild Reapers without the harness...)

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2016, 04:41:01 am »
I killed a new enemy during a base defense and the corpse was called STR_REPTOID_DRAKE_CORPSE.  I didn't get an entry for researching it.

Edit: A live werecat is also showing an STR name.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:38:29 am by LuigiWhatif »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2016, 01:28:05 pm »
One cause for weird crashes/behaviour that looks fine on modder's part is failing to purge all old content before installing a new version, or using a wrong executable, or using non-supported mods.
This explains the Cafe bug, and might explain MiB base bug, since unlike Geoscape, much of data is generated on user's end when a mission starts.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2016, 04:46:10 pm »
One cause for weird crashes/behaviour that looks fine on modder's part is failing to purge all old content before installing a new version, or using a wrong executable, or using non-supported mods.
This explains the Cafe bug, and might explain MiB base bug, since unlike Geoscape, much of data is generated on user's end when a mission starts.

Regarding that MiB base, there was only one other mod active, Aliens Pick Up Weapons. While it's redundant, since OXC already has this element included, it shouldn't cause any problems... But wrong version/executable could.