Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1110930 times)

Offline Empiro

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #4005 on: January 09, 2024, 11:49:57 pm »
To be precise, it allows "Unarmored (dog)" armor.
So, you rush up the stairs and...kill infector the same way you kill zombie. Or would you allow it to roam free in the hospital first? For "extra fun" and all that.

Correct, but if you try to bring an unarmored dog to the actual mission, it will not allow it. I think it's just a documentation error.

Yes, the intent of the infector is to make the mission a bit more challenging and/or unpredicable, as well as giving players another way to obtain an Infector (which can be problematic due to RNG).

The current zombie is always just a plain zombie. At most, it can kill a few of the civilians before it dies itself.

Plus, the description implies that there's an outbreak / patient 0. Right now, there is no chance of that since it's impossible for anyone else to be infected.

The spread could become kind of bad, but it won't be too bad since the created zombies are just regular zombies rather than infectors. I'm not sure if X-Com Files has the same quirk that the original X-Com and TFTD did -- where the Infector will keep attacking the same target. That would further limit the spread by effectively ensuring that only 1 zombie can be created per turn.

Offline Belcanzor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: January 10, 2024, 04:38:52 am »
Not sure if intended:
I can build intelligence center even if I already build advanced intelligence center.

I can no longer study sectoid navigator but they still got thing to show.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 05:11:41 am by Belcanzor »

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: January 10, 2024, 08:06:41 am »
Not sure if intended:
I can build intelligence center even if I already build advanced intelligence center.

No, you can't build it. It's shown in the list as white, meaning you currently cannot build it. See also: https://xcf.trigramreactor.net/master/article/CELL

I have no idea what you're trying to say with the latter. You've already gotten all the topics out of navigators yet still it shows on the list? This happens for example if you have never researched any sectoids, but have exhausted all the real topics from other navigators.

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: January 10, 2024, 08:53:06 am »
Either you have misplaced your HQ/intelligence center and can't interrogate prisoners (at that base) at all, or leftover interrogation topics are locked behind other tech.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 09:12:14 am by Stone Lake »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4009 on: January 15, 2024, 01:40:08 pm »
I've noticed that the Zombie Isolation / Zombie Outbreak mission has a minor bug where it says that you can bring dogs, but you actually can't.

Thx, now probably fixed.

In addition, this isn't necessarily a bug, but does anyone think that the mission would be way more fun / challenging if it were a single Zombie Infector instead of a Zombie? As it stands, the mission is basically 8 guys rushing upstairs (or if you're lucky sniping from outside) to kill the one zombie while a half dozen civvies are trying to beat it to death.

That would contradict the story; the patient was a normal, if sick, human only recently, how would they become an Infector overnight? This requires a lot of energy.
Also, I think it might be a bit too hardcore for such a mission, but I don't know.

Offline jurrivolmar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: January 22, 2024, 08:54:07 pm »
Hi

I got my first sewers mission with the green oozy kinda creatures. Is this a bug in map generation or is the map supposed to be only few blocks with dead ends? I can hear doors opening and closing behind the walls when ending turn so somebody is there. Or am I missing something?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: January 22, 2024, 09:32:24 pm »
Or am I missing something?

Explosives. And pickaxes. If all else fails, go Dwarf Fortress on their green alien asses. :P

Offline jurrivolmar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: January 23, 2024, 02:07:16 am »
Explosives. And pickaxes. If all else fails, go Dwarf Fortress on their green alien asses. :P

Ahh I see. That didn't come to my mind. Strike the earth!  ;D

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: January 23, 2024, 11:24:24 pm »
Hi

I got my first sewers mission with the green oozy kinda creatures. Is this a bug in map generation or is the map supposed to be only few blocks with dead ends? I can hear doors opening and closing behind the walls when ending turn so somebody is there. Or am I missing something?

In most cases, hidden doorways are aligned with other doorways on opposite sides of rooms, alley's, etc. A good weapon with armor piercing capability will do the job, reveal the hidden doorways needed.

A thin layer of brick is covering these hidden doors. Some will choose to take the explosive route and begin blowing holes everywhere. I tend to use precision. But everyone is different.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: January 28, 2024, 10:24:19 pm »
The flares have custom prime message ("Flare is Activated") but default unprime message. I.e. when you deactivate a flare, the message is "Grenade De-activated!". I suggest adding a few unprimeActionMessage definitions.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: January 30, 2024, 07:03:53 am »
Not really a bug but makes one wonder. There is one research, "Any Cult Network", that gets unlocked by the cults, but is not actually used for anything - so it's currently useless clutter. This makes me wonder if this is an omission (it should be used by some research, event or mission script) or things have changed since it was introduced.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: January 31, 2024, 07:04:44 pm »
The flares have custom prime message ("Flare is Activated") but default unprime message. I.e. when you deactivate a flare, the message is "Grenade De-activated!". I suggest adding a few unprimeActionMessage definitions.

Uh... A flare cannot be unprimed. What did you do?

Not really a bug but makes one wonder. There is one research, "Any Cult Network", that gets unlocked by the cults, but is not actually used for anything - so it's currently useless clutter. This makes me wonder if this is an omission (it should be used by some research, event or mission script) or things have changed since it was introduced.

You're right, it's not used for anything. I have no idea why it was made. :)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: January 31, 2024, 09:01:11 pm »
Uh... A flare cannot be unprimed. What did you do?

They can, in the equipping screen (pre-priming), by right-clicking. I suppose this is handled in a different manner in OXCE (and it is reasonable to allow "canceling" pre-priming). It is true that in the real battlescape unpriming is not possible.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 10:20:48 pm by psavola »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: February 02, 2024, 02:14:58 pm »
They can, in the equipping screen (pre-priming), by right-clicking. I suppose this is handled in a different manner in OXCE (and it is reasonable to allow "canceling" pre-priming). It is true that in the real battlescape unpriming is not possible.

Ah, I've never used prepriming in my life, so it's never occurred to me.

I'll see what can be done.

EDIT: fixed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 02:19:50 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: February 03, 2024, 01:47:21 am »
You should use pre-priming, it's a very robust feature. You can pre-prime a timed explosive to go off on the second turn (or more) so that your bomb-holder has enough time to deploy first turn, then run to position and throw 2nd turn. It's a great way to get heavy explosives downrange and encourages the 'terrain remodeling' mindset, as long as you don't forget that your unit is holding a live bomb.