Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1111394 times)

Offline amokk_gw

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3870 on: October 04, 2023, 08:14:44 pm »
I did a dreamer mission today. The asthetics are really cool, but the cake is a bit silly.

Anyway, the rookie that was chosen for this adventure died and I lost the whole craft. It wasn't clear that the whole craft and all the other agents were at stake here, so if possible, I'd not count that as a squad wipe, otherwise it would be good to at least make that clear in the mission description.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3871 on: October 04, 2023, 08:51:38 pm »
Should EXALT Liquidation mission description include some warning that you cannot retreat from it? Most of these special missions do, but there are some exceptions or omissions. And sometimes you may be able to read this behind the lines if read it carefully.

Good point, I'll add it.

Anyway, the rookie that was chosen for this adventure died and I lost the whole craft. It wasn't clear that the whole craft and all the other agents were at stake here, so if possible, I'd not count that as a squad wipe, otherwise it would be good to at least make that clear in the mission description.

Well, losing all soldiers = lost craft... I don't think it needs further clarification.

Offline amokk_gw

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: October 04, 2023, 09:28:20 pm »
Well I didn't lose all soldiers. I only lost 1. The rest weren't even on the mission. And the craft was not part of the mission either.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 09:30:16 pm by amokk_gw »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: October 07, 2023, 03:09:15 pm »
After completing "Terminate the Black Lotus" (This is ofcourse Post Black Lotus HQ and after researching has completed on Terminate the Black Lotus). I'm still getting Cut infiltrations for... The Black Lotus (usually 3 vans full of BL stirring up a ruckus somewhere).
Is this typical ?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 03:11:52 pm by Chuckebaby »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: October 07, 2023, 03:44:35 pm »
I don't know if it's typical, but it's intended. These missions are spawned by leftover manors trying to still be relevant. Suicide by cop X-Com, if you ask me. ::)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: October 08, 2023, 12:32:46 am »
I don't know if it's typical, but it's intended. These missions are spawned by leftover manors trying to still be relevant. Suicide by cop X-Com, if you ask me. ::)
Believe you are correct Juku.
Just found a few monars hanging around.

I've learned that if you watch the white X's (from cult vans, helicopters, etc.) you can follow them and find where they fly off too. Tailing them straight to their manor.
Embarrassed to admit it,  took me a while to figure that out  :D

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: October 16, 2023, 06:53:22 pm »
In zombie catacombs, I got a map which was a complete dead-end from the first room - no exits at all. You could demolish the walls by using about 5 high explosives or some other tools, but is this really reasonable? I don't think so. Especially because you cannot return to the start squares and once you go down and thus abort the mission without losing crew.

Screenshot with debug mode and a save attached.

Offline Nerro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: October 16, 2023, 10:00:01 pm »
I just had a "Haunted Farm" mission that took place in a city map with nothing that looked even close to a farm.
It is not a big issue, but I don't know if this is intended.
Save attached.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: October 20, 2023, 08:13:27 pm »
I found it rather surprising that battle axes are one handed - or at least they have no 1-handed penalty (like, for example, katanas have). The weapon looks rather big though, and it is considerably heavier than a katana. This makes the battle axe a very good weapon. You don't need to drop you main gun to improve accuracy. I wonder if this is an oversight.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 05:49:05 pm by psavola »

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: October 20, 2023, 10:14:03 pm »
I found it rather surprising that battle axes are one handed - or at least they have no 1-handed penalty (like, for example, katanas have). The weapon looks rather big though. This makes the battle axe a very good weapon. You don't need to drop you main gun to improve accuracy. I wonder if this is an oversight.
And these axes chop down anything. Earth bloks, any walls, even the sky, even Allah. In our small x community, a bardish is something like a meme. In some missions, agents use these axes to cut tunnels. And in some, they pave the way directly through anything. It even becomes sad when in a late game these axes are changed to plasma knives.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: October 21, 2023, 06:21:56 am »
Minor text bug. Syndicate Secret Archives Raid mission text says "To abort.. return to the transport vehicle..". But the mission uses landing squares, not the transport. I wonder if there might be other similar cases as well.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: October 22, 2023, 10:36:48 am »
The "doors" in (a variant of) Shogg village are strange. They look like real doors but don't "open" nor produce any sound, yet walking through consumes 12 TU. Is this intentional? Even if they would be just hanging beads or something, I suppose the TU cost should be lower.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 05:48:12 pm by psavola »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: October 22, 2023, 05:25:14 pm »
MIB Engineering ship Bug

The 4 elevator tiles do not line up on the crafts left side. Right side is fine.
Left side is off by one tile.

Sorry for resolution size. Couldn't figure out a way to change size of the gif video without turning it into a photo instead of video.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: October 22, 2023, 10:30:13 pm »
You get to complete the asylym apparitions missions only once, after you're done you start getting the "main" ghost missions. Which are very useful to obtain PSI weapons, so that you can capture heavily armored units from which you can steal their armors (Gillman Hero, a few MIB troops) well before you can get them via research.

The problem is that the chance is only 33 % per month. With this kind of one-time mission, the probability should be at least 50 % or even more.

In my current run, I've had bad RNG and have had to wait for the mission for a year (statistical probability < 1%). But there is no point in this, because you only get to do it once (provided that you succeed). So why not make sure you actually get it soon after you have all the requirements.

For example, with 33 % probability, there's still 9 % chance you don't get the mission for 6 months running. Compare to 50 %, this would be 1,5 % and with 70 % it would be less than 0,1 %.

The same problem - getting stumped by very strange RNG for a very long time - can occur with many other missions as well (in my previous one, I had to wait for a Exalt base mission to spawn for a year). But increasing the probability of this kind for "do it once" missions would have no downside, IMHO.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3884 on: October 23, 2023, 05:59:09 pm »
Sorry about the long break, I've been in a traffic accident. Long story, but ultimately I'm fine.

Please note that I moved some messages to separate topics. Sorry but this is a bug reporting thread, you know.

In zombie catacombs, I got a map which was a complete dead-end from the first room - no exits at all. You could demolish the walls by using about 5 high explosives or some other tools, but is this really reasonable? I don't think so. Especially because you cannot return to the start squares and once you go down and thus abort the mission without losing crew.

A common occurence. But what do you mean by "cannot return to the start squares"? What's stopping you? I can go back just fine in your save.

I just had a "Haunted Farm" mission that took place in a city map with nothing that looked even close to a farm.
It is not a big issue, but I don't know if this is intended.
Save attached.

Oops! Will fix.

I found it rather surprising that battle axes are one handed - or at least they have no 1-handed penalty (like, for example, katanas have). The weapon looks rather big though, and it is considerably heavier than a katana. This makes the battle axe a very good weapon. You don't need to drop you main gun to improve accuracy. I wonder if this is an oversight.

More like convention. I could make it a two-handed weapon, but then it would have to be a bit stronger.

Minor text bug. Syndicate Secret Archives Raid mission text says "To abort.. return to the transport vehicle..". But the mission uses landing squares, not the transport. I wonder if there might be other similar cases as well.

Good point... Fixed.

The "doors" in (a variant of) Shogg village are strange. They look like real doors but don't "open" nor produce any sound, yet walking through consumes 12 TU. Is this intentional? Even if they would be just hanging beads or something, I suppose the TU cost should be lower.

Yeah, they're curtains. Pretty heavy ones.

MIB Engineering ship Bug

The 4 elevator tiles do not line up on the crafts left side. Right side is fine.
Left side is off by one tile.

Oops! Embarrassing... :)

You get to complete the asylym apparitions missions only once (...)

The point of this mission is being an anomaly... Making it predictable would defeat the point, I'm afraid.