Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071781 times)

Offline Reddler

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3585 on: March 24, 2023, 12:12:54 am »
I've run into an issue where the game will crash on the spider nest mission. When I finish the above ground part the game will immediately crash as it cannot generate the underground part. Any ideas on a cause? Save data should be attached.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: March 24, 2023, 12:39:47 pm »
I've run into an issue where the game will crash on the spider nest mission. When I finish the above ground part the game will immediately crash as it cannot generate the underground part. Any ideas on a cause? Save data should be attached.

Both the save and the underground map load fine for me.

Looking at the attached file, you appear to be using a (very) outdated version of OXCE. According to the save you are running the mod using 7.1.4, while the newest stable version of OXCE is 7.8. I would suggest updating to the newest version (or even the newest nightly build) and see if the crash persists.

Again, the underground part loads fine for me using OXCE 7.8.9.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: March 24, 2023, 07:06:51 pm »
Playing the latest version, stuck in a loop with the moon mission UAC code book. I've done the same mission 3 times now. Once even physically picking up the code book but it doesnt seem to show any research and I can't move forward.
Thanks.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: March 24, 2023, 08:53:20 pm »
So, is the problem that you can't get the book as loot, or that the book isn't researchable, or something else?

Because it not being researchable is a feature, depending on what you do. Did you read your mission briefing?

Also, removing the UAC threat doesn't really lead anywhere AFAIK. You need to jump through some other hoops to get the rest of the moon missions.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:01:33 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: March 25, 2023, 03:00:41 pm »
So, is the problem that you can't get the book as loot, or that the book isn't researchable, or something else?

Because it not being researchable is a feature, depending on what you do. Did you read your mission briefing?

Also, removing the UAC threat doesn't really lead anywhere AFAIK. You need to jump through some other hoops to get the rest of the moon missions.

I probably missed something (my own fault). I have gotten the book 3 times now, even got the message (UAC is done, etc...).
But the mission pops up again for a 4th time. I just can't figure out why it keeps populating this same mission if I have completed it already.

Cool mission though (3 parts) yes I've read the briefings. I've beat XCF 2 times previously but now I can't seem to generate the lunar facility for my base.

As always thanks for replying Juku

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: March 25, 2023, 04:38:20 pm »
Again, I don't think UAC has anything to do with the lunar facility.

The mission should stop popping up once you get the 'UAC is done' message. Maybe spawn one single extra time if the research pops after the month's missions have already been generated. Adding 'interruptResearch' to avoid that might be wise. If you keep getting this again and again, well, a save would make tracking down what's wrong easier.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: March 25, 2023, 10:09:34 pm »
This time I fought three times on the moon with the demons of the uac. And he has never fought at the UAC ground base. Something is wrong here.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: March 25, 2023, 11:05:30 pm »
Well, I tried (in 2.8 ) and everything seems to be working as intended. Making the demons get COVID both removes the moon mission spawn and gives the 'war is over' message while disabling code book research. Stealing the book and researching it also removes the mission and gives the other 'war is over' message.

Whatever your issue is, it is not going to get resolved without more details about what you think is wrong and why, accompanied by a save.

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: March 25, 2023, 11:45:17 pm »
Can confirm, 2.8 mod, UAC mission keeps spawning monthly as well. With UAC case research resolved and both book researched and landing destroyed requirements researched.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: March 26, 2023, 12:11:16 am »
Save? And are you getting a 'UAC destroyed' message?

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: March 26, 2023, 09:10:23 am »
Found a bug on a ufopaedia article...

XCF 2.9+

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: March 26, 2023, 11:00:37 am »
Found a bug on a ufopaedia article...

And what's the bug?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: March 26, 2023, 11:24:12 am »
No ammo. It's not a bug, it's more of a limitation in that ammo information isn't displayed until you can buy it, and looting+researching a Galil can happen much earlier.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: March 26, 2023, 02:10:14 pm »
Well, I tried (in 2.8 ) and everything seems to be working as intended. Making the demons get COVID both removes the moon mission spawn and gives the 'war is over' message while disabling code book research. Stealing the book and researching it also removes the mission and gives the other 'war is over' message.

Whatever your issue is, it is not going to get resolved without more details about what you think is wrong and why, accompanied by a save.

Your correct. Problem solving requires adequate feedback and detailed information. My responses thus far have been a bit disorganized, my apologies. I'll upload a save right now.

- UAC Moon landing keeps spawning
- UAC Code book is non researchable (or maybe I missed it) I only received BFG gun research and captured the UAC commander guy.
- Yes I received a message saying UAC gateway is finished (it was a random/not popped research).
- No way to progress to More moon missions
- Avenger still is not in popped research (have a feeling this might have something to do with it).

I done at minimum 6 or 7 Alien bases, caught every commander, leader, etc. Can't progress any further when catching any kind of commander. Either the research pops with no message or commander is brought back and non researchable.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:14:16 pm by Chuckebaby »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: March 26, 2023, 02:43:49 pm »
Well, everything looks okay except you do have the mission respawning again and again. The code book being non-researchable is WAD since you killed the demons.

Can you post your missionScripts_XCOMFILES.rul?

For further moon stuff and progression to endgame:
Spoiler:
You need to deal with the MiB base on the moon first. You should actually qualify for this, and the only thing that might be blocking you is the 20% chance of not getting the mission per month.

The Avenger is unlocked by interrogating one of the 'white' Ethereals. If their shiny UFOs don't spawn, there are some on the Moon missions that come afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:45:57 pm by Juku121 »