Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072979 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3165 on: May 16, 2022, 10:48:23 am »
1. Agent nationalities .nam are getting wrong number with their .png (example, Armenia gets from Argentina)

Old save, I presume? this needs to be fixed manually, since the indices have changed due to the new nationalities.

2. Lithuanian male surnames are different from female (they are in the same pool) and the letter "ė" is shown as "?" ingame (not supported by the engine)

I'd appreciate help with female forms of all the surnames, I have no idea how Lithuanian names work.

As for the "ė", looks like it doesn't exist in the X-Com font, which is a bummer. What would be most acceptable: change it to "e"? Or maybe some other variant of "e"? I have attached the file with all available letters.

Offline Ostrich-Hungry

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: May 17, 2022, 09:55:37 pm »
Old save, I presume? this needs to be fixed manually, since the indices have changed due to the new nationalities.

No, it's an actual new game. I tried to look after this problem, and it may be some confusion regarding "00-Afghanistan"
When you count from that "0" to "5" you get different results from the ".png" flag and the ".nam" respectively from "Resources/Flags" and "AgentName". It doesn't match!

As for Lithuanian surnames, in my mod's I just replaced it with a normal "e".

Offline Ossa

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: May 19, 2022, 07:43:49 am »
Since 2.5 I cannot start the game anymore - he is always listing missing armour files for various aliens.

Did a clean reinstall of the newest openxcom and Xfiles.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: May 19, 2022, 05:01:05 pm »
No, it's an actual new game. I tried to look after this problem, and it may be some confusion regarding "00-Afghanistan"
When you count from that "0" to "5" you get different results from the ".png" flag and the ".nam" respectively from "Resources/Flags" and "AgentName". It doesn't match!

Aaah, you're right. I didn't get this in my tests before, but now I fixed it. Thanks!

As for Lithuanian surnames, in my mod's I just replaced it with a normal "e".

I guess I'll do that, then. I still need to deal with the gender issue.

Since 2.5 I cannot start the game anymore - he is always listing missing armour files for various aliens.

Did a clean reinstall of the newest openxcom and Xfiles.

Sounds like some outdated submod. Arsenal Additions, maybe?

Offline roscha

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Region REGION_LOBSTERMAN_USO_FLEET_CRUISER not found
« Reply #3169 on: May 28, 2022, 04:32:45 pm »
OpenXcom Error
OpenXcom has crashed: Region REGION_LOBSTERMAN_USO_FLEET_CRUISER not found Log file: c:/tools/OpenXcomOXCE/user/openxcom.log If this error was unexpected, please report it on OpenXcom forum or discord. The following can help us solve the problem:
1. a saved game from just before the crash (helps 98%)
2. a detailed description how to reproduce the crash (helps 80%)
3. a log file (helps 10%)
4. a screenshot of this error message (helps 5%)

i pressed a day button and openxcom_xfiles_2.5 crashed

.SAVegame file (_autogeo) is from older version (2.4.1   .. 2.3b i think)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
Re: Region REGION_LOBSTERMAN_USO_FLEET_CRUISER not found
« Reply #3170 on: May 30, 2022, 01:17:41 pm »

i pressed a day button and openxcom_xfiles_2.5 crashed

.SAVegame file (_autogeo) is from older version (2.4.1   .. 2.3b i think)

Are you sure you have the right OXCE version? It looks like this kind of a problem.

Offline Moltenore

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: May 31, 2022, 03:56:25 pm »
A bug has been occurred on version 2.4.1. At the end of january 1999 a message has appeared which says that X-com has detected alien base in France, South America. After that there is no alien base on the globe nor in the global tracker. I've tried to load a bit earlier hoping that the game will generate a base properly, but at that time there was no any message about alien base. I've played through one month further, and absolutely the same happen at the end of febuary, without any difference.

Offline Moltenore

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: June 01, 2022, 07:12:54 am »
Unfortunately I can't provide a save before the message, only after it, and a few days before end of the month where it supposed to be, but doesn't appear. So the message itself can't be reproduced, I tried to just wait until next month and unfortunately it didn't appear. Also added a screenshot of the message I made at the first time to prove my words.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: June 01, 2022, 09:18:01 pm »
Shouldn't the Sporting Bow's Power bonus be based on Strength?

This kind of bow's draw strength can be adjusted to the wearer.

With the normal bow you can squint your eyes and pretend you bought it exactly for this soldier.

EDIT: Also is there a reason for the Brother of Apocalypse not to give a ton of dossiers, reports and the like?
He currently needs only one research.He should at least know about his flock a bit, I think.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 09:25:01 am by tarkalak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: June 03, 2022, 01:15:38 pm »
Unfortunately I can't provide a save before the message, only after it, and a few days before end of the month where it supposed to be, but doesn't appear. So the message itself can't be reproduced, I tried to just wait until next month and unfortunately it didn't appear. Also added a screenshot of the message I made at the first time to prove my words.

From looking at the save, there are many enemy bases, split between EXALT and Black Lotus (and one actual alien base). I'm not sure which is the one you mean, but have you tried patrolling the area with a vehicle?

Shouldn't the Sporting Bow's Power bonus be based on Strength?

This kind of bow's draw strength can be adjusted to the wearer.

With the normal bow you can squint your eyes and pretend you bought it exactly for this soldier.

Real life bows don't get a bonus from strength, they get a penalty from low strength. Which would be pretty impractical to code in OXCE, so no bonus whatsoever.

EDIT: Also is there a reason for the Brother of Apocalypse not to give a ton of dossiers, reports and the like?
He currently needs only one research.He should at least know about his flock a bit, I think.

Done. Now they tell about the gangs.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 01:20:22 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Moltenore

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: June 03, 2022, 03:18:33 pm »
From looking at the save, there are many enemy bases, split between EXALT and Black Lotus (and one actual alien base). I'm not sure which is the one you mean, but have you tried patrolling the area with a vehicle?
Yeah, I've tried both France and South America, but found an alien base in India after I decided to proceed game from the save, where is no such message (save2), because I afraid of further bugs, which could be caused by this one.
Just in case, you've noticed, that the message tells about France in South America, but it is actually in Europe, right? This is the essence of the bug.

And did I understand right, that these messages could mean not only alien base, but anyone else base?

Offline Moltenore

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: June 03, 2022, 04:11:49 pm »
One game month further and now I've catched the moment, before that message appears, and made a save to reproduce this bag.

Offline plainer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: June 04, 2022, 08:25:25 am »
"France, is a transcontinental country spanning Western Europe and overseas regions and territories in the Americas and the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans." (from Wiki)
In your saves there are some EXALT bases (manors) in French Guiana city Cayenne (Кайенн)

Offline Moltenore

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: June 04, 2022, 11:22:28 am »
"France, is a transcontinental country spanning Western Europe and overseas regions and territories in the Americas and the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans." (from Wiki)
In your saves there are some EXALT bases (manors) in French Guiana city Cayenne (Кайенн)
Oh my, you're right, after the message a second manor appears in Cayenne, that's impossible to notice just looking at the globe. Thank you very much.

So, the problem is that French territory in South America has no even border and looks like a terrirory of out of the Counsil country and that all enemy bases called 'alien bases', so I expected exactly alien or at least hybrid base to appear.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: June 04, 2022, 05:38:21 pm »
Real life bows don't get a bonus from strength, they get a penalty from low strength. Which would be pretty impractical to code in OXCE, so no bonus whatsoever.

I disagree somewhat. If you are stronger, you just buy a stronger bow. With the modern bows you can adjust the pull strength so any agent would use the maximum for himself. It doesn't matter really, though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 05:57:10 pm by tarkalak »