aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071809 times)

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2820 on: March 30, 2021, 06:23:55 am »
I completed a base attack mission with agents from a base with no prison cells and captured +30 prisoners. I found that if I load the Geoscape autosave from right after winning the mission, I can keep those prisoners at the base indefinitely, even though I have no cells

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 30, 2021, 04:06:21 pm »
I believe it happened to me once with animals lacking space in an animal pen. That bug will "solve" itself at some point, especially if anew prisoner is arrived, as the game will suddenly notice the lack of space and demand you to get rid of the spares by transferring them somewhere, which can lock your game if you don't have enough space available somewhere else.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 31, 2021, 11:17:11 am »
My game just crashed when I tried to look at Coelacanth Gas Cannon in UFOPAEDIA with the attached message.

Edit: While I do not think it is nescessary, the messge does tell me to attach a savefile, so I do so.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:18:56 am by Mathel »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2823 on: March 31, 2021, 01:20:07 pm »
My game just crashed when I tried to look at Coelacanth Gas Cannon in UFOPAEDIA with the attached message.

Edit: While I do not think it is nescessary, the messge does tell me to attach a savefile, so I do so.

Yep, known bug unfortunately. And not even new, the Coelacanth has been a thing in a long time and I haven't touched it... Was this entry deleted or something?

Anyway, as a hot fix, you can add this to the file ufopaedia_XCOMFILES.rul:

Code: [Select]
  - id: STR_COELACANTH_GAS_CANNON_AP_AMMO
    type_id: 4
    section: STR_NOT_AVAILABLE
    requires:
      - STR_COELACANTH_ARMOR

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 31, 2021, 01:29:23 pm »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 31, 2021, 08:32:35 pm »
Alright, here's the bug I mentioned in the main topic. This is before the latest update, so I dunno if it's still a thing. Either way, some EXALT units have weird graphical glitches. See pics below.

It happened during a cult outpost mission.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: April 02, 2021, 11:48:16 am »
That's strange, I've never seen this before.. But just in case, I repaletted all EXALT sprites. Files attached, if you want to try them.

Offline Szhival

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: April 08, 2021, 10:48:52 pm »
Just noticed 5.56 ammo buying is still locked behind Exalt research while you can get guns that use it from other sources.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: April 09, 2021, 09:09:25 am »
I thought it might come in handy...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: April 09, 2021, 04:28:33 pm »
Thank you, these are very good conversions, I'm impressed.

Nevertheless, I prefer to keep to the vanilla autopsy table format. But perhaps I can use these to frankenstein something.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: April 09, 2021, 06:37:28 pm »
In fact, it is possible to do this even in "Paint" (32). It's just that I have a hybrid modification and for me the TFTD format is also vanilla.   :D

Offline c1f3r

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: April 11, 2021, 10:30:06 pm »
dont know if its been posted yet, but there seems to be a design error in of the maps for cyberweb lair / sewage. i landed with a dragonfly and had to descent a floor below. there you are confined into three chambers with no way out of them as the doors or rather the walls prevent you from accessing the rest of the map. explosions cant create a path and the only option is retreat.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: April 12, 2021, 12:51:07 pm »
dont know if its been posted yet, but there seems to be a design error in of the maps for cyberweb lair / sewage. i landed with a dragonfly and had to descent a floor below. there you are confined into three chambers with no way out of them as the doors or rather the walls prevent you from accessing the rest of the map. explosions cant create a path and the only option is retreat.
Unless Solarius redesigned the maps dynamite or highex should be able to blast through the walls blocking some of the exits. This is not a bug per se, but due to how tiling/map generation works.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: April 12, 2021, 03:04:02 pm »
Unless Solarius redesigned the maps dynamite or highex should be able to blast through the walls blocking some of the exits. This is not a bug per se, but due to how tiling/map generation works.

Yes, it's even directly said in the mission description:

Code: [Select]
Be sure to bring explosives in case we can't find access to the target - these sewers are a nightmare to navigate through.
If I were to "fix" this, I'd have to either make the map static (so it'd be the same every time) or make all blocks have exits on all 4 sides (which defeats the purpose).

Offline Guardsman #4287

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: April 18, 2021, 01:16:46 am »
I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but I think it was either after the OXCE 7.0 download or the 1.8b version download that the script for the entire mod seemed to get itself scrambled pretty badly. The game still runs, but below are a few examples of some of the things that have gone awry.

Pictures:
        1. When looking at the details of the Embassy from the globe, it doesn't give any details relating to the nature of the mission and
            sending a
            craft on it doesn't post a message saying that "1 Alien key is required for this mission," it instead just lets me do the mission without
            one.
        2. This is the first month of the game and usually I have a monthly rating of +1000, but instead it got reduced down to zero.
        3 and 4. It says this mission is timed, but ending the turn doesn't show how much time is left.

I hope this is helpful to you and understand this is likely something I had unknowingly done to the code of the game.