Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072301 times)

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2805 on: February 11, 2021, 01:11:19 pm »
I can't say for sure. Usually this is caused by very tall maps (because of all the sight calcs), but this one is not particularly tall.

I haven't noticed any noticeable slowdown on it, though.
It's strange. The movement of the soldiers is very slow only on the upper levels of the base. But if the soldiers run at the lower levels, the speed is standard. The movement speed of the soldiers is very different. Apparently precisely because the map is multilevel.

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone has a similar situation.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 11, 2021, 01:27:06 pm »
It's strange. The movement of the soldiers is very slow only on the upper levels of the base. But if the soldiers run at the lower levels, the speed is standard. The movement speed of the soldiers is very different. Apparently precisely because the map is multilevel.

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone has a similar situation.

Everybody has this problem.

Some people tolerate it better, some less so.

The underlying engine is too detailed and there are just too many calculations, regardless of how powerful your PC is.
Options you have:
1. (player) use simpler display mode
2. (player) use lower resolution
3. (modder) use smaller maps
4. (modder) use standard visibility ranges, lighting mode and similar settings
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 01:30:16 pm by Meridian »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 23, 2021, 07:59:57 am »
So, a minor bug.
I can't buy the Noose. I have it researched, it just has no "costBuy" or "requiresBuy" values.
Since I can buy other tools, such as a Pitchfork or even a Shiv, I don't see why I can't buy a length of rope.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2808 on: February 26, 2021, 09:49:20 am »
So, a minor bug.
I can't buy the Noose. I have it researched, it just has no "costBuy" or "requiresBuy" values.
Since I can buy other tools, such as a Pitchfork or even a Shiv, I don't see why I can't buy a length of rope.

Indeed you can't, I thought it would be silly and nobody would want to buy it... I guess I was wrong. :) I'll add it.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 27, 2021, 10:12:07 am »
Indeed you can't, I thought it would be silly and nobody would want to buy it... I guess I was wrong. :) I'll add it.

It's funny. I always thought that this is an imba gun. And that it can only be obtained in battle
In the right hands, this piece of rope can do a lot. I even store them
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 10:15:39 am by Bonakva »

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 27, 2021, 11:46:46 am »
Rossary cannot be be bought either and i dont remember what it does exactly but i think it does a morale attack based on psi stats. But the Noose takes the cake with its 12x damage multiplier against Lobsters, meaning a swing from it is an instant death that deals more damage than a missile to the face.
Spiders (And animals in general) also have massive choke damage vulnerability, but in their case, their armour isnt the problem, handguns and prettty much all firearms will squash them in two or three hits anyway.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 01, 2021, 05:44:11 pm »
Rossary cannot be be bought either

Yes, and it won't. This and the cross are supposed to be found on missions only.

The rosary has no function other than being an "ID" item to give you info on the priest. And the cross is a weapon which wouldn't make sense as bought - it only works in the hands of a priest, and your agents (supposedly) aren't people of the cloth. The cross will still work if you pick it off a dead priest's body, but only because you are momentarily taking upon his job in times of crisis and won't carry its miraculous effect after that. It's a narrative thing, an allusion to various horror/mystery tropes involving clergymen.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 04, 2021, 10:23:29 am »
There is a minor bug in 1.6: Large Flamer Tank is listed as (handheld) Flamethrower's ammo, but is in fact the ammo for Flamer HWP. Maybe it has been fixed already.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 04, 2021, 08:09:08 pm »
There is a minor bug in 1.6: Large Flamer Tank is listed as (handheld) Flamethrower's ammo, but is in fact the ammo for Flamer HWP. Maybe it has been fixed already.

No, it just shows that you have a large flamer tank, but no heavy (macro) flamer.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 04, 2021, 11:09:30 pm »
Oh, there will be even bigger handheld flamer?! I'll consider giving "Guy Montag" nickname to my flamer-soldier together with that awesome thing then.
Great mod, flamers give at least one new tactical move: you can make melee enemies go a long way by setting the short one on fire.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 21, 2021, 12:12:11 am »
Maybe I do not understand how things work, but here is another mini report involving dogs. Some X-COM dogs stands near a farmer with an axe. All dogs were ordered to react with barking, not with biting. On the opponent's turn the farmer moves in and a dog bites him to the death. Why there was no barking? How to have a dog that reacts with barking?

Offline Xenotrenium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 22, 2021, 05:55:39 am »
What? Is that even a thing? Please tell me!

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 22, 2021, 08:41:05 am »
You can reverse-click a weapon, which puts that white dot in its image's upper right corner and the unit should use that weapon for reactions.

Fomka did this, according to that image.

I never tested it with melee and ranged weapons though. I know that when in melee, units usually use melee weapons if they have them, even without it, so it is possible that the {Is melee?} check bypasses the {Weapon Selection} check.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 22, 2021, 09:39:05 am »
The preference applies only for weapons of the same type, e.g. two melee weapons or two ranged weapons.
If you have a melee weapon and a ranged weapon, melee weapon will be used first regardless of preference.

Reactions are hardcoded in the following order:
1. melee weapons
2. gunbutts
3. ranged weapons

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: March 23, 2021, 10:48:36 am »
I've undestood, thanks for the information.